Discuss Advanced Electronics MX4100 Fire Alarm network in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi, I now this would be best in the fire alarm forum but I don't have access.

Does anyone know what cable should be used to network a planet and remote terminal. We're doing the first fix for the fire alarm and the drawing says 2xFP200 1.5 t&e. The installer guide doesn't specify but mentions twisted pair. I would have expected it to be a belden.

Thanks

For a repeater it must be fire rated cable so in this case would be FP200. If im not mistaken Tazz will pull me up on it - however im pretty sure.

Cheers, makes sense, fire rating for comms otherwise you'll be repeating nothing!

The job is about to be plastered and decorated, it would be a shame havering to add something surface just if the designer missed something.

The cable must be fire proof FP200 2 core+E 1.5mm One FP200 cable for 24 supply, and one FP200 cable for data.....Important note, do not use 4 core FP400. This may corrupt data, and the repeater will not work.

Reply to Advanced Electronics MX4100 Fire Alarm network in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

J
Hi all, Thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully to give me some advice. :) 1) I am building a self build home and want to wire it...
Replies
Views
janner43
J
B
Prefix - I've tried to post this in automotive, but it would not let me. This may be because I have not been recently active. Apologies if this is...
Replies
Views
D
Hello Everyone, I just wanted to know if anybody has applied for the 24+ Advanced learning loan who is currently doing the open learning HNC in...
Replies
Views
Danny1990
D
T
Hi all heres my problem I was sent to a huge job in London by an agency (don't want to mention whom yet) we was told two to three months work...
Replies
Views
thisisricky
T
D
Hello all, I have just stumbled across this forum in my lunch break and hoped maybe someone on here could advise me. Until recently I worked as a...
Replies
Views
danielsemaj
D

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock