Discuss Compliance of CO2 Alarms to Building Regs? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

claret73

Please excuse me if I go off course with this...I'm writing on here for my Boss. He has been asked by a Building Contractor who is dealing direct with a Housing association to install C02 Alarms.

We are trying to find out what compliancy with Building Control is (Part P?), if we were to fit either hard wired or just the battery only sort?
For Tennancy properties would they need to be hard wired?

Any suggestions here please would be helpful to me (C&G 2330)...
Thanks

Thanks
Hopefully, I will find out the answer...may contact the Manufacturer for guidance of compliance.
Cheers

Hi

First its CO (Carbon monoxide) detector totally different from CO2 (Carbon dioxide). Are you fitting a gas appliance if so what type?

Regards

Hey mate.

We have to install CO detectors in all local authority housing jobs but I believe it's their requirement rather than actual building reg. It's usually one in the kitchen for the gas cooker, and one outside the airing cupboard for the central heating boiler.

Cheers:D

I've got a funny feeling that Part B covers Fire stuff and I don't think that there is a requirement fro CO detectors but then there's the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 (FSO) which basically means the premises need to be risk assessed and CO detection may be a requirement of the insurer, brigade, etc. As to battery vs. mains I'm only aware of mains fire detection being required in new builds. Under BS5839 there should be a Cause & Effect for premises (not sure if multi-tenant is covered) and that should be written and defined by the designer I believe.
That lot might be no help at all, if so, apologies :O)

My Boss had his Nic assessment today & posed this to the Guy doing the assesment. He said no Strict regs for CO hard wired & is down to the request of the client. Ensuring that this is noted on the certificate then this would be satisfactory of battery installed. Cheers for all info guys & hope this helps?

Reply to Compliance of CO2 Alarms to Building Regs? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock