Discuss Metal all the way, no brainer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

If it was nothing to do with the fuseboard, you’d probably have to put a temporary supply in for the clean up anyway, wouldn’t trust a metal board after the fire service spraying their hoses all over the shot!

If all terminations within a DB are made correctly and tightened properly, then there is no reason why there should be overheating to cause a fire. The majority of burnt cables I’ve encountered are purely down to the fact they haven been tightened sufficiently. The change to metal DBs (in domestic) to contain fire is akin to putting a bucket under a leaking roof..........fix the roof!
If installed correctly there is nothing wrong with existing plastic DBs.

Reply to Metal all the way, no brainer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Please advise what I should test / check next. My usual qualified electrician who did all of the work here is in Ireland for 4 weeks and not...
Replies
Views
Just interested in peoples thinking on using the neutral through the earthing system like I came across today. I've come across many wrong...
Replies
Views
Hi all, For clarity, I'm not a qualified electrician, but have a reasonable amount of experience as I've done plenty of wiring (signed off by a...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock