Discuss Metal all the way, no brainer in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

As i would hope that you could lift the flap and turn off the main switch a lot easier
as you can see in the picture, nobody would really want to stick fingers or anything else close
That doesn't isolate the board just the outgoing circuits.

I have litrelly just opened up this lid. The cover is all sorts of melted but had just been put back on amd the N moved terminals. Metal all the way, no brainer IMG_20190222_111027 - EletriciansForums.net

Im changing a shaver light, just opened it to test.

That’ll be the factory fitting that the sticker tells us to tighten before commissioning! Obviously the installer didn’t!
I have litrelly just opened up this lid. The cover is all sorts of melted but had just been put back on amd the N moved terminals. View attachment 47937

Im changing a shaver light, just opened it to test.

When will people stop saying these boards are unsafe fires are caused by poor workmanship not making sure connections are properly tightened there are thousands of these boards fitted perfectly safe installations done by proper sparks. The London fire service were the main complainants of pvc boards but agreed that bad workmanship was the reasons for the fires. I was called to a house of a friend who had no power and when I investigated I found her 80 year old father had decided to change consumer unit himself this is what sparks are up against.

Did he use 2mm earth sleeving for the CPCs I do wonder!
When will people stop saying these boards are unsafe fires are caused by poor workmanship not making sure connections are properly tightened there are thousands of these boards fitted perfectly safe installations done by proper sparks. The London fire service were the main complainants of pvc boards but agreed that bad workmanship was the reasons for the fires. I was called to a house of a friend who had no power and when I investigated I found her 80 year old father had decided to change consumer unit himself this is what sparks are up against.

Ain't it funny how some things stick in your mind and who quoted it.

80 year old - nothing wrong with that . was he a sparks ?was his regs current? did he hold testing and inspection cert's ?
was he a member of a scam ? - just saying cause not good to be - ageist . I'm a 103 year old 'battery electrician'b.t.w - U'2s - PP'3s I can change any of them - The worlds my lobster

Anyone watching Counterpart? This looks just like the meltdown that caused a rift in the space-time continuum! I am in the process of replacing a metal CU that is a shining example of why plastic boxes were introduced, I'll post a picture as soon as I can.

speaking as a Kiwi, it beat me why you Brits insist on metal domestic boards. We've been using plastic boards for over 30 years without any significant issues. When I started working in the UK 2008 it felt as though I had dropped back into the dark ages. I reckon plastic is superior and much much easier to use. Metal boards are a pain in the a**e down by the sea

Reply to Metal all the way, no brainer in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock