Discuss tray,trunking and conduit (steel) in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Protractor? Card template? Never seen trunking done that way always used a tape measure and a marker. :)

That’s how I did it, foreman wouldn’t even get me a square even though they were stores stock.
At that time I was lucky in having a mate that was an absolute wiz at gas welding. Perfect sets and bends in trunking were near undetectable after spraying. But then we’d got the time to do it. One length of 6 X 6 I recall took a full day to put in, two sets and a 90 bend to go around a corner with a stanchion running up it. 30 welds in one length including the lid. The foreman wasn’t impressed about the time, but impressed enough to phone the site engineer to come and have a look at it.

url

It is impossible to do a proper conduit bend without this precision piece of equipment ...................the hickey block

But loved the vice on here with the spirit level ......................saves notching the former I suppose, which if it was a used by many a sparks could get quite confusing .............or us left handed ones just made it more fun.

Reply to tray,trunking and conduit (steel) in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

This might be long so feel free to grab a brew. So, as some of you may know, i'm a 34 year old who has been dying to get into the industry. I...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone I'm picking up some remedial works from an EICR fail in a commercial property. Its a 3 phase supply with old steel conduits ...
Replies
Views
G
Hi all, I'm an ELV consultant (mostly sound and video systems for hotels, theatres, schools, etc. all commercial projects and mostly new...
Replies
Views
Hello all looking for some books to improve my containment for example conduit ,tray, cable basket ,ladder rack , trunking step by step guides to...
Replies
Views
W
Hi lads/ladies After a recent post of mine, the lack of tray or trunking was highlighted on a bit of my work, i've taken this criticism fully on...
Replies
Views
Smudge
S

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock