Discuss Green Deal & Eco Funds in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Does anybody know of any companies that currently have eco finance available, one of our providers have let us down and run out of cash!

What do you mean? Allocated to all the big guys?? Have you seen the Encraft assessment of GD so far - really interesting.

£300 pound for a boiler change and you have to provide £100 of pipe and fittings!

That's a lot of profit to the provider and none to the installer!

No thanks. I can't put a guy in a van and cover his NI fuel and holidays for that and keep up the GDI and all the admin involved.

£300 pound for a boiler change and you have to provide £100 of pipe and fittings!

That's a lot of profit to the provider and none to the installer!

No thanks. I can't put a guy in a van and cover his NI fuel and holidays for that and keep up the GDI and all the admin involved.

so £465 boiler, with £300 installation fee inc parts....... now that's a real recipe for a quality boiler installation that's going to stand the test of time, and not end up with CO poisonings, condensate pipes freezing in winter, etc etc

Can't see how anyone's going to be able to powerflush the heating system for that price either, so the boiler will be gunged up immediately.

I predict lots of angry consumer articles and watchdog reports next winter about all these ECO boilers that are failing and leaving vulnerable householders with no heating in freezing conditions, and the install company is nowhere to be seen for the warranty as they went bust as soon as the eco funding ran out.

£2k is about the right price at the bottom end for a proper quality condensing boiler installation with powerflush, internal condensate drains to prevent winter freezing etc etc from a company that will still be in business to honour the warranty IMO. Maybe you could shave 20-30% off that for bulk, but not 60-70%.

disaster in the making here, people will die from the cold / CO poisoning / gas explosions as a result IMO.

Funds available are much in excess of £2000!

If you have a EPR and refer to ECO brokerage you can work it out for yourself.

Installers won't be getting a fair share though! All geared for BG and the like.

Reply to Green Deal & Eco Funds in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net