Discuss Running conduit in walls to knockout boxes for low voltage cables? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I disagree on gluing being essential. It isn't if the conduit is installed correctly, if people are installing plastic conduit so badly that it requires gluing to remain secure then they need to have a look at their workmanship.

Installed correctly in my opinion means it is glued together, that's the way I was taught to do it and so that's the way will always do it.

I've seen far too many PVC conduit installations that have come apart either though mechanical damage or thermal expansion/contraction to be happy with it not being glued.

So it's wrong in your eyes to disagree with someone is it Mate? and I agree that the red cross is a bit BANAL.
So how can I disagree without the red cross? and you consider gluing PVC conduit is only required if the conduit is installed incorrectly do you? Answers on a post caed leave the red crosses out please, it's BANAL
I disagree on gluing being essential. It isn't if the conduit is installed correctly, if people are installing plastic conduit so badly that it requires gluing to remain secure then they need to have a look at their workmanship. However I respect the views of others who feel gluing is required even if installed properly, and am not so ---- that I feel the need to plaster other peoples posts with red crosses.
In answer to your post Pete
How can it be wrong in my eyes to disagree with someone when I have stated in my above post that I disagree? There are however ways to disagree with an explanation of reasons rather than petulant red crosses. That's how you disagree.
Nowhere did I say that glue can be used as an excuse for poor installation, just that if installed correctly there is no need for glue for security, and I stand by that statement.

In answer to your post Pete
How can it be wrong in my eyes to disagree with someone when I have stated in my above post that I disagree? There are however ways to disagree with an explanation of reasons rather than petulant red crosses. That's how you disagree.
Nowhere did I say that glue can be used as an excuse for poor installation, just that if installed correctly there is no need for glue for security, and I stand by that statement.
No petulance intended in the red cross Mate,

Reply to Running conduit in walls to knockout boxes for low voltage cables? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net