Discuss switch fuse turning off? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

salisbury spark

Hi Just for my sanity..

I have a switched fuse in a basement flat supplying the upstairs house.

Twice it has been in the OFF position and the basement tenants cant explain!(although they did have a cooker repair guy in the first time).

Unless im missing something this is a switch and will burn out before switching off?

Im wondering if anyone else has had this. It an effort to push/pull the switch so I dont think it could be a fault with the switch?

If your replies suggest that im not insane ill look at locking the cupboard its in(giving keys to upstairs tenant).

Thanks

Unless the switch mechanism is faulty. I've seen it with light switches before, not with a switch fuse though.

I had a polestar main switch keep turning itself off on a three phase board, to this day i still don't know how. was in a small branch bank and the board was in a locked room. I blame the bank pixies who take 5 days to cash a cheque but 3 seconds on one you write.

I had a polestar main switch keep turning itself off on a three phase board, to this day i still don't know how. was in a small branch bank and the board was in a locked room. I blame the bank pixies who take 5 days to cash a cheque but 3 seconds on one you write.
Well if you think about it it makes perfect sense, the bank pixies only have little legs so they take the money out of your account and walk round to where it's going which takes a while espescially if they're old, when you pay a cheque in they have to walk all the way to the other bank to get it then come back and put it in your account. Geez give the poor little guys a chance to do their jobs will you
:)

Went today. I asked the foreign guy if I could look at the switch fuse for upstairs. He said yes and turned it OFF. He said now okay!!!!!!! couldnt get him to understand that OFF was not ON (brazilian). Also how the upstairs had coped for days with no electric. I had put a label on last week saying DO NOT TURN OFF...
I taped the switch ON and showed him, also taped the door shut that houses the switch.
Went upstairs and tenant said she had same problem with a girl downstairs -OFF was ON(latvian). Cant say if I got through to them though... Sanity restored for now anyway

Last edited by a moderator:
The switch fuse for the other flats where I live are near my door. Open door, switch off flat two. Peace, perfect peace!

My neighbors son like's his music to be played very loud. I've informed them that I will let them know if and when it is too loud.....:hammer:

The main fuse for my meter also controls next door mwah ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaa!

:D

Reply to switch fuse turning off? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock