Discuss Faulty electric radiator in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
Had a call out to a holiday cottage a few days ago where the owner couldn’t control one of the heaters over the internet as they can with the others.
I fitted these, bought by the customer and the the heater in question is only 3 months old.
Easy lockdown job, vacant property.

confirmed power to heater, but lcd screen doesn’t light up- no display. Customer would contact supplier for replacement under warranty.

Now the supplier replaces ONLY the side panel with controls. Simply unscrew panel from heater, and disconnect a 3 pin plug inside. They even send you the right size Allen key to get the panel off. No tools required.

I get it swapped over, noticing a black mark on the control board, obviously a component has burned out.
Turn the power back on, and fizz- pop- bang and a puff of smoke.... and the smell of cooked bacon???!?

Exactly the same components burned out.

The suppliers are now sending an entire new radiator, which they should have done in the first place, and I’ll have to charge for another visit.

BA398DCB-7647-4C9F-8BAC-C4037E27862E.jpeg

Reply to Faulty electric radiator in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Got a customer with a little dilemma. They have a rental cottage attached to their main house, and have successfully let it out for a few years...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have an old storage heater (FGS Storad COH 972A). Guess it's around 30 years old. It's a dual rad - storage and convector heater. Stopped...
Replies
Views
I really hope someone can help me. Last July I got an electricity bill showing an enormous rise in my kwh consumption of about 900% from what it...
Replies
Views
At some point in the next several months I need to look at heating for an "anti-vandal site office" used as store and occasional workshop, 3m x...
Replies
Views
I have worked in the electrical contracting industry all of my life since leaving school over 50 years ago. I started my own electrical...
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock