Questions and electrical advice in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Discussions on all electrical regulations in the UK. Including Part P, BS 7671, DPC BS7671:2008, BS 7671:2001 & 2004 Amendment No.2, IEE wiring regulations, 16th Edition and 17th Edition and 18th Edition.

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrician Jobs

D
I'm wondering if someone could help me out. I have been asked to give a quote to wire up a proposed double extension on a house for a client who...
Replies
Views
C
Morning The company that I work for has recently had an electrical inspection carried out. One of the findings consisted of 'ineffective...
Replies
Views
cameronj
C
Hi everyone I've come across a weird situation where somebody has got new sockets added, but from the board it is a radial in 6mm as there is one...
Replies
Views
K
Hi All, Just look for a quick solution so I can complete my installation of the nest thermostat in particular the heat link. from the image...
Replies
Views
S
I've been asked to fit some LED replacement bulbs to some existing Metal Halide fittings. A bit of reading up has led me to believe I need to...
Replies
Views
C
Hi. I have a family member who requires a new CU. She still has a rewireable fuse box and still has an ELCB. So no RCD's. Her install is a...
Replies
Views
C
hiya lads can anyone help me on this one pls as im stuck What are the advantages and limitations of fault diagnosistechniques?
Replies
Views
A
Is there a reg that states all properties must have a lighting circuit on each RCD. Some 2 bed flats have been wired and the lighting is all on...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. please comment on the earthing of three phase as a new installation . Then are you allowed to use the armour or not and what is the...
Replies
Views
HI guys, just wondering if I can pick some brains. Going to install a loft light and switch off a lighting circuit and the circuit don't have rcd...
Replies
Views
Eh up :) We all know about the duff max Zs tables in the OSG (Table B6) and GN3 (Table A4)... in fact, I've only just recently updated my GN3...
Replies
Views
H
Just got my head in the bible at the minute, and looking at 514.3.2: "Every core of a cable shall be identifiable at its terminations and...
Replies
Views
hightower
H
M
Hi guys, I'm not an electrician but after some advice please. I've replaced a few light fittings today but have hit a stumbling block. The kitchen...
Replies
Views
electron1
E
J
Hey guys, so I'm new here and have a question. A local venue I work for has recently has had some electrical work done in order to increase the...
2 3
Replies
Views
B
I am trying to get a completion certificate for a double extension from the LA Building inspector and they are asking that I fit extract fans in...
Replies
Views
JulianC
J
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock