Discuss Intermittant Buzzing on MK CU in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pacman52

DIY
Reaction score
Hi all I'm after some advice on 2 way CU in a garden office which is 'buzzing' when I turn on or increase the tempreture of the wall mounted heater. But it only buzzes for a short time and then stops.

I'm not a qualified spark but confident enough to have double checked the torque settings on the mcb's and visually inpected everything including the buzzbar for any signs of damage etc. The CU and circuits were only put in roughly 4 years ago (by a qualified spark) and tested but the heater itself is about 12 years old.

Could anyone give me any idea on what could be the issue please and more importantly is it something that needs urgent attention or can it wait until the new year?

Thanks Paul

Hi thanks for the reply - the MCB is 16a and the heater is 2000W. There is very little load on the circuit though, basically a desktop pc, phone charger and the heater. Would it help if I got the MCB changed to a 32a?

Yep - The heater was installed when the office was built (It was orignally installed in my old address) but its only used in the winter months when needed. I have just noticed that the CU also buzzes when the heater thermostat kicks in periodoically

Reply to Intermittant Buzzing on MK CU in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

hi guys i'm new toi the forum but hoping someone can shed some light on this issue, my daughter moved into her house last year and all was fine...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. A DIYer here, not looking to fix this issue (as the house in question is hundreds of miles away...) but to try and help owner to...
Replies
Views
Hi I am moving into a ground floor flat and would like to have a new electric shower installed above an existing bath tub, unfortunately due to...
Replies
Views
Hi all We're moving in to our first property - it's a 1950's build. The house has been bought buy a property developer who bought it from the...
Replies
Views
We’ve had a few power glitches/cuts recently by our supplier. Each time, on power restoration our RCD has tripped. Irritatingly we were on holiday...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock