Questions and electrical advice in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum - All questions relating to Photovoltaic & Solar Panels in this forum, including feed-in tariffs, inverters, panels, calculations, schematics, installation, maintenance & fault finding. Solar panels forum. Solar forum. Solar talk. A photovoltaic system, also solar PV power system, or PV system, is a power system designed to supply usable solar power by means of photovoltaics..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrical Jobs

D
I have just been asked to provide quotes for three PV jobs. They are all linked in that the customers all know each other. Two of them are quite...
Replies
Views
mogga
M
D
A customer was saying that one company he had a quote from would install their PV system in one day. With a roofer & his labourer and a spark &...
Replies
Views
I am absolutely livid. After the ongoing saga where for no good reason, the Suntech 250w panels became all but unavailable, we (after being urged...
Replies
Views
daytona600
D
C
Hi I know the SBTL series have dual tracking but am trying to figure out if the Fronius TL series also have multiple trackers. Despite looking at...
Replies
Views
daytona600
D
N
hi, I'm now up and running produced 10kwh today on a 3.92kw system, i was just wanting to compare my install with other, question is where is the...
Replies
Views
daytona600
D
I
Hi, I hope you can help. I am in the process of completing our first solar panel installation and am using the SMA (sunny boy 2000) inverter. We...
Replies
Views
imprints
I
R
Hi, I am looking for: Lease Agreement for Rent a Roof and to supply free electricity in return. Thanks Ricci
Replies
Views
ricci1212
R
Does anyone use these? They look like a good solution for monitoring a PV system and household power usage. I've bought one, tried to install it...
Replies
Views
series530
S
Hi gh all, starting first install today, there are two roofs like this birds eye view the larger roof has no felt under the tiles, me and the...
Replies
Views
S
Hi again we are still in the process of choosing our system. Our choices so far are Bisol, REC or poss Sanyo although some say they are worth...
Replies
Views
Has anybody had experience of installing on these? I'm starting to think that hangar bolts are the best solution to maintain weatherproofing...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, I'm doing this course in the next few weeks: http://www.ecoskies.com/cgi-bin/ecos.cgi?Wish=00090050020000027E52B781 My company has arranged...
Replies
Views
D
Chaps, On a 3 phase installation, if we install less than 16Amps on each phase do we remain within g83? The total installed will go over 16A Thanks!
Replies
Views
D
S
Hi Guys Is it possible to do G59 work without a G59 qualification. I have the opportunity to quote on a job but can't get on a course for 3...
Replies
Views
G
hi id like bit of help if anyone can help me this is my first post i have my mcs assesssment on the 1st november have doen a 2 panel install on my...
Replies
Views
S
I am considering having a system installed at home, but am a little confused by it all. I have had a couple of quotes, but feel a bit out of my...
Replies
Views
Hi There Had my inspection on Tuesday with NIC. Had a couple of NCRs which the inspector emailed later in the day - I emailed direct to NIC first...
Replies
Views
Graeme Harrold
G
T
I am being offered Sanyo HIT panels at a fair hike in cost, but supposedly they are much more efficient (and also happen to fit my awkward roof...
Replies
Views
malibu
M
F
Saw this posted on another forum, best install job I've seen!
Replies
Views
P
Hi been looking through forum!! so many questions!!so many diff answers!! Fixings?roof loads?earthing TL yes HF no (array) 4kw or 3680kw?type B or...
Replies
Views
powervan
P
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock