Questions and electrical advice in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum - All questions relating to Photovoltaic & Solar Panels in this forum, including feed-in tariffs, inverters, panels, calculations, schematics, installation, maintenance & fault finding. Solar panels forum. Solar forum. Solar talk. A photovoltaic system, also solar PV power system, or PV system, is a power system designed to supply usable solar power by means of photovoltaics..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrician Jobs

So I've been down in Cornwall for the last couple of days and the place is covered in panels now. A hell of a lot of them on slate roofs and the...
Replies
Views
sedgy34
S
M
I hear a lot of negativity about the MCS scheme with a lot of installers saying that PV is dead, homeowners don't want it installed since the drop...
Replies
Views
It is a couple of days old but some headline stats to talk about. Report: Consumers switch to solar thanks to rising energy bills |*Solar Power...
Replies
Views
A small knock thanks to the EU - VAT for buildings used for charitable purposes will be exempt from reduced VAT for green products. Not coming in...
Replies
Views
S
Not a lot of change 16p to 15.44p. More info here November FiT rates revealed | Solar Power Portal
Replies
Views
Somecamel
S
L
Hi guys. So, been thinking about solar panels for a whole now, and haven't really gotten around to getting quotes etc in. But, with having a...
Replies
Views
S
W
I have been working in my spare time on an android app and thought I would share a screenshot. It provides a live view via Bluetooth connection...
Replies
Views
wstevew
W
S
It's that time of year again, the MCS licence fee is due. Question is, is it worth persevering with MCS registration and PV installation. I can't...
Replies
Views
moggy1968
M
S
Hi, Could anyone tell me if there is a quick fire way of getting qualifications needed to be msc accrededited in solar PV? Is there a crash...
Replies
Views
S
Hi guys, im looking to get my C&G 2399 qualification, looking to do this in Birmingham so just wondering if anyone knew any places who run this...
Replies
Views
MrKnowItAll
M
J
Help! Does anyone know who does o&m manuals for solar PV. Or has anyone got a format that satisfies the requirements for mcs approval. thanks John
Replies
Views
P
Can anyone recommend a mounting system for a single row of 16 panels in a field, could i use a schuco flat roof system and then just bolt it to a...
Replies
Views
angelinwilliams
A
J
Dear Electricians Forum Member, The new PV*SOL Expert program has just been released but will not be publicly promoted for another two weeks...
2 3 4 5 6
Replies
Views
So having had a bit of time to play with a loaned laptop running PV Sol I decided to analyse some 4 kWp systems using differrent panels all using...
Replies
Views
Z
M
HI All I recently installed a system for a mate in York, obviously well outside our normal area! His MPAN starts with 15, The DNO I believe is...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock