Discuss First NICEIC notification. What do i enter for relevant certificate number? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Afternoon all

I'm a new member to NIC and I need to notify 2 jobs done this week. A DB change and a minor works for bathroom extractor installed. I use easy cert software which generates own cert numbers. When going to NIC site to notify is asking for relevant certificate number and says enter the BS7671 certificate number here. Is this all I put then BS7671? As each type of certificate doesn't have it's own BS number. Probably a really stupid question but just want to make sure notifying correctly. Cheers

Afternoon all

I'm a new member to NIC and I need to notify 2 jobs done this week. A DB change and a minor works for bathroom extractor installed. I use easy cert software which generates own cert numbers. When going to NIC site to notify is asking for relevant certificate number and says enter the BS7671 certificate number here. Is this all I put then BS7671? As each type of certificate doesn't have it's own BS number. Probably a really stupid question but just want to make sure notifying correctly. Cheers
You need to add a unique identifier to each cert so that you can distinguish them from each other. So add whatever system of serial numbers you want. If you're using NIC certs then the serial number is listed already in the top right-hand corner.

You need to add a unique identifier to each cert so that you can distinguish them from each other. So add whatever system of serial numbers you want. If you're using NIC certs then the serial number is listed already in the top right-hand corner.
Ok thanks Risteard I'll just enter the cert number easy cert generates then. Just threw me a bit this them saying enter the BS671 number. Cheers mate

With easycert you can enter your own cert numbers or set it to start from a particular number and go sequentially from there.

youse all too techhy for me. all my certs are done on the back of a beermat. some of the bigger jobs require a smoke packet in addition. that's if i got any left over from quotes. some days i need to smoke an extra 20, that's when i know the quote will be over 2 K.

Reply to First NICEIC notification. What do i enter for relevant certificate number? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net