Discuss Loading on an existing Kitchen and living room 32amp ring final in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Bit of advise if anyone has time.. I have a customer who brought a new kitchen from wrens. Customer has had the route to the kitsch redecorated 6months ago. I’ve found a route which means 25meter going externally and I quoted to supply new 6mm and ring circuit.
They are supplying
Oven (13amp plug top)
Hob (13amp plug top)
Washing machine (13amp plug)
Dishwasher (13amp plug top)
Cooker hood (5amp switched fused spur)
Combo microwave (900watt) (13amp plug top)
Fridge/freezer (13amp plug)
3x double sockets in the kitchen
It’s supplied by a 32amp 2.5mm ring main which includes the living room 4x sockets.
Do I actually need to run new cables? Or is this sufficient.

Much appreciated

Have to be more exact with the loads of each item.
An oven on a 13A plug could be 2kW, could be 3…
The 5A hood… lucky if it takes 1 amp.
Same with living room…. Is it just a tv and some table lamps or is there a 1kW focal point electric fire in there?

There must be thousands of homes out there with all these items on a single 32A rfc….
Giving the kitchen its own circuit is a fairly recent development, and good practice now is to put anything over 2kW on its own radial.

You might want to think about future proofing and over spec what you think you need.

What was your quote for? Armoured cable externally to a sub board just for kitchen?

Same with living room…. Is it just a tv and some table lamps or is there a 1kW focal point electric fire in there?

There must be thousands of homes out there with all these items on a single 32A rfc….
Giving the kitchen its own circuit is a fairly recent development, and good practice now is to put anything over 2kW on its own radial.

You might want to think about future proofing and over spec what you think you need.

What was your quote for? Armoured cable externally to a sub board just for kitchen?

Microwave
Electrical Connection
3350 Watt
Fits In Eye Level Cabinet
Yes
Fuse Rating
16 amps
Power Requirements
Needs Hard Wiring

Oven
Electrical Connection
2990 Watt
Fits In Cabinet Under Worktop
Yes
Fits In Eye Level Cabinet
Yes
Fuse Rating
13 amps
Power Requirements
Requires Plug/Cable Attaching

Hob
Comes with Plug/Cable
Yes
Electrical Connection
3000 Watt
Fuse Rating
13 amps
Power Requirements
Comes With Plug Attached

Cooker Hood
Lamp power: 3w
Motor power: 90w
Power requirements
Hard wired

Fridge freezer
Connection Type: 13 Amp Plug
Bosch Integrated 70/30 Fridge Freezer
KIV87NSF0G

Dishwasher and washing machine customer using the ones they have already.

I quoted for twin and earth to external then high tuff, board and new tails and Henley block.

Reply to Loading on an existing Kitchen and living room 32amp ring final in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net