Discuss Consumer Unit Installation Up to Scratch??? NICEIC approved Installer. in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Just as a follow up. Had another look today.

The 3 neutrals in to one were actually as follow: 3 x 1.5mm in to one 2.5mm. The mcb was 6amp so not actually dangerous if a little lazy???

There was definitely no bonding in place even though he'd charged for it and recorded it on the cert. Thanks.

Cmax is defined in guidance note 6, but not in BS7671, as far as I know; the value of 1.1 (and 0.95) is taken from a cenelec technical report "Determination of cross-sectional area of conductors and selection of protective devices" in 2011.

Cmax is defined in guidance note 6, but not in BS7671, as far as I know; the value of 1.1 (and 0.95) is taken from a cenelec technical report "Determination of cross-sectional area of conductors and selection of protective devices" in 2011.
It's just 230v x 1.1 is 253v. It's the electricity safety quality and continuity regulations which allow +10% to -6% of 230v
230v +10% is 23v
230+23v is 253v 230x 1.1 =253v
But yeah cmax isn't in bs 7671 unless I've missed it.

Despite all the discussion, going back to the op, there def seems to be some issues with the certification,
if the bonding box is ticked, but there isn't any (and they've been charged) that's an issue
I can't see why you wouldn't measure and record a ze.
They obviously haven't done any zs testing either.
Externally at least, the cu sounds like a right lash up.
All makes you wonder what else they have bodged their way through.

Thanks everyone. Plenty for me to think about which is exactly what I need!

My understanding is any incoming metal service pipework needs to be earthed regardless? Incidentally, just found out my friend was charged for the bonding and meter tails upgrade whatever the requirements are!
Bonded not earthed

Hopefully it's been sorted now as they've had two years...

That's weird, I hadn't noticed, but it had appeared near the top of my lists of threads.... Oh well!
maybe it happens when 1 or more members view the thread but don't post???

Reply to Consumer Unit Installation Up to Scratch??? NICEIC approved Installer. in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock