Questions and electrical advice in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Discussions on all electrical regulations in the UK. Including Part P, BS 7671, DPC BS7671:2008, BS 7671:2001 & 2004 Amendment No.2, IEE wiring regulations, 16th Edition and 17th Edition and 18th Edition.

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrical Jobs

A
Some of the building I have been testing have both SWA supply earth and an earth electrode. What would you call this arrangement?
Replies
Views
wayne
W
C
Why on a caravan site or some other outbuilding does the earth have to be an earth electrode and not the earthing on the supplying TN-C-S ???
Replies
Views
Shakey
S
D
Hi guys. A client wants me to fit a fan in her bathroom. She wants it to be operated with bathroom light. So far so good. It is a low voltage...
Replies
Views
Darius-parky
D
D
It is great previllage to online at the same time as the Master. Hi Shakey, we know there is so much importance given to earthing in this...
Replies
Views
B
N
Hi, To calculate the voltage drop of a cable from Appendix 4 of the IEE Regulations we use the following formula: actual voltage drop = factor...
Replies
Views
N
D
I am trying to save myself a bit of money here. Does any body know if I can hang on to my Brown book (16th Edition) and just get hold of a copy of...
Replies
Views
Darius-parky
D
S
Hi all, Quick question with regards to adding new sockets to a circuit under the new regs, Am i right in thinking that if you go to a house...
Replies
Views
Shakey
S
M
hi folks ive bought a semi detached house, and i need to install a couple of sockets. the house is timber framed, and on the shared wall i cut a...
Replies
Views
Shakey
S
P
I have a copy of pages 136 & 137 of the 13th edition regs (defo from 1966, so I think it's 13th or 14th ed). These pages have the tabulated...
Replies
Views
rumrunner
R
D
Your help please A friend is selling his house and has had a survey done by the buyer on the wiring, in the report its states that his old fuse...
Replies
Views
PC Electrics
P
Can someone confirm longest legth for a ring main using 4mm singles P,N & E that can be run without exceeding max voltage drop or Ze ? I have a...
Replies
Views
Grae79
G
R
well it made me laugh anyway:)
Replies
Views
rumrunner
R
Let me rattle your brains and if you can you give us a brief desciption on how they actually work with the windings n that? why we use them...
Replies
Views
S
Electrical Installation Revision Page On the 2330 level 2 & 3 have a look at this site plenty of practice topics
Replies
Views
B
J
Hello all, A bit or a lot of advice would not go a miss on this little nugget. I have recently become self employed as an electrician. The...
Replies
Views
B
D
Hello, with regard to underfloor heating mats, the new regs 753.411.3.2 state, "in the case of heating units delivered without exposed conductive...
Replies
Views
drayton
D
C
Was wiring a kitchen yesterday and the guy is having an electric range cooker installed and I needed to get a feed to it. The councils ask us to...
Replies
Views
drayton
D
heres something which is interesting and what we can talk about, read it on a website today. "Singapore smartphone company, MWg, has reportedly...
Replies
Views
B
G
my mate has just built a large extention on his house, and i was wondering does his new sockets and switches in the extention have to comply with...
Replies
Views
wayne
W
S
Hi gents, so someone has finally asked it - well i have to fit rcd's/RCBO's to existing circuits when the 17th kicks in??? Well here is my view...
Replies
Views
Shakey
S
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock