Questions and electrical advice in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - This Section is STRICTLY for testing PROBLEMS which members have occured, misunderstood readings, Periodic Inspection Reporting / Electrical Installation Condition Reports, Mathematical Equations/Solutions, Part P and other legislation which require you to Inspect and Test..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrical Jobs

B
Hi folks, Hoping somebody on here can give me a little bit of advice. Just tested trip times on a 30mA 61009 RCD, greatest time at x1 was 24ms...
Replies
Views
pushrod
P
hi guys, i am interested in buying the megger 1553 that comes with the onsite software. has anybody got any views on how good the pair work...
Replies
Views
S
I've been asked to test an existing installation which isn't a problem-the problem is can a certificate be issued if all is fine BUT the consumer...
Replies
Views
jammysparks
J
O
All Can anybody give me some feedback on these companies that sell you a franchise for your area where you can be doing electrical and gas...
Replies
Views
oldtimer
O
Has anybody heard of these people SAFed – The Safety Assessment Federation They have been advised as being an approved body for inspection and...
Replies
Views
Graeme Harrold
G
M
please can someone clarify something for me. when a prospective fault current test is performed at the supply side, is this to make sure that its...
Replies
Views
ezzzekiel
E
evening carried out a p i r today and the ze was 0.45 on a tn-s which i know is higher than it is meant to be. i would like to quote a reg in the...
Replies
Views
W
does anybody no the bs number for the main switch for the old wylex fuseboard
Replies
Views
nickblake
N
M
Found this tonight on the goverment website: HMG - Your Freedom If you enter Part P in the search box it seems that there are quite a few...
Replies
Views
johnsparks23
J
O
Looked at a CU change today and it was pretty straight forward I tested Ze at 0.08 ohms the pfc was 5kA but the lights have been wired in an...
Replies
Views
oldtimer
O
B
I just spoke to a chap who seemed to think £8-£12 per circuit was a reasonable rate for a commercial PIR. He claimed the work involves 60 or...
Replies
Views
MvP Electrics
M
C
Should those who have passed 2391 have an exclusive forum?
Replies
Views
juliapho
J
M
I have been asked to produce 3 method statements for work we do by our grim reaper Health and safety officer. One for work carried out on...
Replies
Views
MWG1019
M
C
Hi, Can someone run through what tests should be undertaken to circuits etc prior to deciding to taking on a job or to starting a job to help...
Replies
Views
robsparky1975
R
L
How do you get jobs when no one will employ an uncertified electrician and how do you become certified if you have no jobs to be assessed.
Replies
Views
Pinto Baz
P
D
Hi could anyone please give me a link as to where i can look at PIR codes please, i have looked at a few online but havent found one saying which...
Replies
Views
K
If a building has a 100ma RCD unit as a main switch would you insist on a 30ma one also to protect socket outlets on a PIR main switch as an rcd...
Replies
Views
devon1
D
R
after doing the 17th ed regs and domestic installers course, I made a C++ program to automate most of the calculations, would anyone be...
Replies
Views
ukpablo
U
D
Hi All Hope you can help me with this one, how would i calculate loop impedance on single phase and three phase generator :rolleyes:
Replies
Views
dichroic
D
Hi lads, Just want to pick your brains :confused:. When you do an IR test and you cant disconnect current using equipment for what ever reason...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock