Questions and electrical advice in the UK Electrical Forum - UK Electricians Forums > Electrical Forum for UK Electrical Rules, Regulations and UK Laws. Electrical Theories, Wiring Diagrams and More. DIY and Professional Electricians are Welcome..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrical Jobs

M
i dont even know how someone got to this point.. 6 feeds. 2 from the DB lol an STI ( for emgcy lighting) and switch wire.. why people think its...
Replies
Views
Hi gents, Tested a house and all faults rectified. Was asked by landlord to upgrade the fuse board to a 17th edition board and happily complied...
Replies
Views
Octopus
O
L
hi ladies and gents I have opened a ring final circuit to add 3 sockets. All was goin well till I powered it up and it keeps tripping. I have...
Replies
Views
Badged01
B
C
Hi Iv been to someone's house who said there shower pull cord sw was smelling of fish so I opened up the pull cord to find the Neutral on the...
Replies
Views
Silly Sausage
S
J
Hi, We have a 1 tonne Paint mixing machine, what sort of test could I put onto the motor to measure the resistance of the stirrer as the product...
Replies
Views
Knobhead
K
B
Do we really need the JIB card anymore ? Agencies & companies know full well wether you're a paid up JIB member by checking online - a bit like...
Replies
Views
B
J
Hi there, I am an apprentice and i have worked for my boss for about 18 months now and I feel as that I know a good amount of electrical...
Replies
Views
R
Have someone of you prepared assumptions for example 2357-308 Task A,B?? And would give some advice how this should look Thanks
Replies
Views
Evening gents, im looking for a suitable led floodlight with photocell , (approx 60 watt rating)present fitting have...
Replies
Views
L
Good Day Everyone, During college days and apprenticeship times I used to do some minor electrical domestic job , jobs that don't need to...
Replies
Views
Lplate
L
Does anyone get involved with this? I'm getting more enquiries about this now. I think the NIC do a day course on it? Anyone done it or something...
Replies
Views
Anyone help me, I have an old 4 pin time clock, a day/night sensor and a hand/off/auto 3 way switch... Dont no how to wire it...
Replies
Views
I encountered a strange one the other day, new armoured supply to a shed, Ze at the Rcd main switch in the shed was 0.40, R1+R2 was 0.24 on the...
Replies
Views
Engineer54
E
K
Hi all testing and rcd all fine except at 1x it's rating 0 degrees! It's does not operate am I right in saying my rcd shouldn't be fed from an...
Replies
Views
Engineer54
E
R
HI, I changing the PCB board on a Grundfos pump, I have never seen these connector blocks before, Can someone tell me: 1 | How do I get the...
Replies
Views
Afternoon fellas Got a bit of a problem ( non electrical) which was hoping for a bit of advice on. Basically my mums next door neighbour ( a...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Not done kitchen electrics for long time. so.. Sockets for appliances will be located inside the cupboards next to each appliance...
Replies
Views
S
Hello, I wonder if someone can help me here. My understanding is : Leading edge dimmers are suitable for mains GU10 halogen lamps, but need to...
Replies
Views
scanner
S
S
Hi, Im new to this forum and need to pick someones brains. I bought a 3ph 63a Distro in a flightcase with dimmer packs, sockets and RCD. It...
Replies
Views
socapex2014
S
Hi, Ok, so see the consumer unit below, this happens to be one I fitted, but anyway... I am going to be moving house soon and am going to...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock