Questions and electrical advice in the UK Electrical Forum - UK Electricians Forums > Electrical Forum for UK Electrical Rules, Regulations and UK Laws. Electrical Theories, Wiring Diagrams and More. DIY and Professional Electricians are Welcome..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrician Jobs

Hi, A customer of mine has asked me to add an extra socket to match their existing sockets. They have sent me a picture of an existing socket...
Replies
Views
Hi, just wondering why there would be 179V at a light box from the home run to ground. At the panel the breaker reads 118V to ground. what's the...
Replies
Views
Hi All!! I'm new to the forum and seeking some specific advice. Background:While I do understand and have some limited experience with running...
Replies
Views
Evening all Just pricing a new build and they want a 4gang grid for the kitchen appliances. Am I correct in saying that if the switches are kept...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
N/A
Hi I currently have a 100A single phase supply ( forgive the pun ) & I am considering asking for 3 phases to be installed. I have some workshop...
Replies
Views
What should someone do if they see their electrical socket sparking when inserting a power plug?
Replies
Views
Popped up my corner shop this morning and the owner grabs me and says he’s been waiting to see me.....takes me out the back and asks can I change...
Replies
Views
Currently doing an EICR on 2 neighbouring propertys... 1 had a new consumer unit done within the last 5 years and 1 has the original unit. These...
Replies
Views
Recently had an electrician in to wire up power to a detached garage and also wire in a 32 amp rotary switch for an eventual hot tub install. He...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Need a brass bell push for a job, can anyone recommend one that they've used and has held up for a length of time. I'm still haunted by...
Replies
Views
I finished framing my bathroom and wired an outlet and switch. I want to connect a 20 amp circuit breaker to the panel. I know the black hot wire...
Replies
Views
Just had a customer been refused by dno to change to an ec7 meter/tariff they said they dont do it. Is this right? Cant see how this can be the case?
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a job booked to fit outside socket which will be used to power portable hot tub. The socket will be waterproof fed from existing...
Replies
Views
I've noticed this evening having put a couple of posts on that I'm getting a message each time saying 'awaiting approval'. Is this being applied...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock