Questions and electrical advice in the UK Electrical Forum - UK Electricians Forums > Electrical Forum for UK Electrical Rules, Regulations and UK Laws. Electrical Theories, Wiring Diagrams and More. DIY and Professional Electricians are Welcome..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrical Jobs

What are peoples thoughts on this, should socket outlets in the general public areas be RCD/RCBO protected? I believe they do and have put them...
Replies
Views
Just won these on eBay for £1.20 feel a bit guilty to be honest, not sure if I'm going to take them 253199553457
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Possibly a stupid question, I am looking at changing from a full time job to becoming a self employed electrician. I have my C&G...
Replies
Views
Good evening one and all. We are DC Electrical, a LTD electrical contracting company based in Dorset. We are looking for in and around Dorset...
Replies
Views
My maintenance job in a school ends mid November and I am looking at agencies to gain experience and start my level 2 in early 2018. I have rang...
Replies
Views
Adam W
A
Now, over the years, I've fitted loads of LED downlights - 100s if not 1000s by now - just like you guys/gals probably. They always work, but this...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone having troble finding a element for microwave oven the appliance has no part or model no. and i have striped it and looked...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm in need of a bit of clarity on this decision. So, long story short... have been asked to quote for the installation of some...
Replies
Views
O
I did an EICR a few weeks back that highlighted a number of problems, with a CU change advised. So I went back on Monday, changed the CU and...
Replies
Views
i am after a hoover- dust extractor for occupied properties to attach to my chasing machine (sparky) i want makita ideally. what would you guys...
Replies
Views
Ratings and points , or points especially on this forum , how do you score them and why are we collecting them
Replies
Views
Deleted member 104825
D
Replies
Views
N/A
Hi, I have been asked to price for a side extension which will contain a utility room, office, few down lights etc. The house was rewired by...
Replies
Views
had the misfortune to install this today. came with isolator and RCDs. no MCBs . as you can see, the guts are way out. caused by din rail being...
Replies
Views
Toneyz
T
T
Do not know all details but Contracts Manager we know has had EICR done (not seen it yet) but the attached garage has a socket in it not sure if...
Replies
Views
Toneyz
T
I got a new catalogue in the post today from tool station and there was a little voucher on the address card giving me a free head torch when i go...
Replies
Views
Hi, need some help with this question cant seem to find any info about it anywhere? Q: What does BS7671 say about a good connection? Many Thanks!
Replies
Views
Just had an email about these offers from Wickes. Not sure if they're anything you'd be interested in but thought I'd share anyway just in case...
Replies
Views
Two years ago I installed some garden lighting, using u/g SWA to Wiska boxes, then 3-core 0.75mm rubber flex downleads from each LED fitting...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just a quick query for others views please. Customer had a brand new three phase supply put in in April. I have been called in to rectify...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock