Questions and electrical advice in the UK Electrical Forum - UK Electricians Forums > Electrical Forum for UK Electrical Rules, Regulations and UK Laws. Electrical Theories, Wiring Diagrams and More. DIY and Professional Electricians are Welcome..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrical Jobs

I'm recently retired, but still qualified and pick up some of the smaller jobs others won't do. When the 18th edition is inflicted on us, how long...
Replies
Views
This is going to be a challenge....floor boards on top of other floor boards, bare brick walls that are being white washed, exposed beams, bang...
Replies
Views
hello guys I recently had an estate agent contact me asking for an EICR be carried out, I sent them a detailed quotation with terms and...
Replies
Views
Anybody know of a good brand of exterior wall light that looks similar to the light below, needs to be able to accept conduit from both sides.
Replies
Views
M
Hi guys whats the regulations in wiring in flex... I have a plug top ( Sure this is not allowed ) feeding a 3 m 1.0 flex, that goes...
Replies
Views
Gmail - https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?pc=en-ha-emea-uk-bk&shva=1#all/15ed2570e50ddf30
Replies
Views
Hello Right I cannot get my head around this one. I have a 3 lamp chandelier - I have done a drawing of the connections below. It has been...
Replies
Views
Octopus
O
this is baffling. situation is an existing rfc that has had a minor repair. a socket had been removed and the live cables left in back box and...
Replies
Views
Hi, Apols for the long post. I do small maintenance plumbing, inc quite a lot of taps. I have zero knowledge/experience with electrics so please...
Replies
Views
Toneyz
T
Replies
Views
billing a contractor for whom i sub for and just looking to the guys who have got previous of this scenario. I billed him my toatal hours x...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 26818
D
I have 2 related MPAN's which I'm being charged for but I only have the 1 meter, how do I go about getting this changed to a single meter with a...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to work with IRF640 FET transistor (picture attached). FET transistor picture The problem is when I put 11V on the G-S voltage. The...
Replies
Views
hello guys Before i change the DB I want to explore wether or not anyone would know where I could aquire a retrofit MCB for this board. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I'm currently in my last year of my apprenticeship and I think my boss has set me a challenge! I was at a house and got moved a few...
Replies
Views
Just seen this on a social media site. New ECS Check service launched by JIB | Joint Industry Board -...
Replies
Views
Toneyz
T
Good afternoon all, Just newly qualified, so not registered with recognised body to do self certs. So having new kitchen fitted, and existing...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys newbie here looking for advice. My electric shower, Mira advanced thermostatic atl, has stopped working. When I flick the wall switch the...
Replies
Views
2 wires have broken off leaving 2 still connected.. it is in a switch for a table saw. Upload the image directly to the thread: The most awesome images on the Internet -...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock