Questions and electrical advice in the UK Electrical Forum - UK Electricians Forums > Electrical Forum for UK Electrical Rules, Regulations and UK Laws. Electrical Theories, Wiring Diagrams and More. DIY and Professional Electricians are Welcome..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrical Jobs

Fault finding on ring final, is this the readings you would expect to achieve and are these the correct way to find them thanks
Replies
Views
Hi have AM2 next week and just need some help, 3 phase TP+N board, two way and intermediate lighting circuit with 3 switches obviously and one...
Replies
Views
Afternoon all, I was wandering were I stand with an electrical certificate. I am a qualified electrician and have just finished doing work on my...
Replies
Views
Been asked this question today by one of our engineers , do you need to pat test / test fixed appliances / equipment ( hand dryers , heaters etc )...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Fresh from my holiday in Florida and was wondering what the requirements would be for a Brit to move to USA and work as an electrician...
Replies
Views
Been asked by a potential customer if i can replace their standard uk sockets for some Australian ones! They have just moved back from down under...
Replies
Views
Been carrying out an eicr and have for the first time come across a federal electric 40a 30ma rcbo. I am struggling to find the maximum Zs value...
Replies
Views
Hi Mate, Any one of you can explaine, why when I installed new socket(BG Integrated RCD protected), it works with car charger and not working...
Replies
Views
Used in schools where there's a need to store laptops and keep them charged up, the example I've seen has slots for ten laptops and their...
Replies
Views
Doing a kitchen refurb, adding new RFC etc. After stripping out all the old stuff, I'm left with a JB which will be inaccessible, which had been...
Replies
Views
I’ve just bought a 1 bed apartment with storage heaters from the early 1980’s with no thermostat. The apartment is electric only and I’m trying...
Replies
Views
Bit of a debate today, advice please as regs book not possible to get in my hands until tomorrow. New job, apartments, in the kitchen there are 2...
Replies
Views
Octopus
O
I have been to 2 different rental properties this week, one for an EICR and the other for a report of the smell of fish from the shower isolator...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Having trouble wiring up a two zoned wet underfloor heating system which is part of a manifold and controlled by one 4 wire actuator. Ive...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, New to testing but been doing installations for about 5 years now. I've come across a problem where the ring I'm testing has no R2...
Replies
Views
hi all, just used my extension lead, it was ok before i used it just to vacuum, the extension lead was fully unwound but its not very long...
Replies
Views
see a lot of different threads on here , where people asking for advice on old installations , one tonight even about moving sockets installed in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, i have wylex CU protected with 2 80A 30mA DP RCD's i have had a new american style fridge freezer put in yesterday (dont think relevent)...
Replies
Views
hello guys I have been using the varilight v pro for quite some time now and today turned the power back on and the dimmer worked perfectly well...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock