Questions and electrical advice in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum - All questions relating to Photovoltaic & Solar Panels in this forum, including feed-in tariffs, inverters, panels, calculations, schematics, installation, maintenance & fault finding. Solar panels forum. Solar forum. Solar talk. A photovoltaic system, also solar PV power system, or PV system, is a power system designed to supply usable solar power by means of photovoltaics..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrical Jobs

Hi All, Working towards MCS and just wondering what the situation is with the 'rest of the installation'. If there's a spare way in an old...
Replies
Views
Martin Dawes
M
anybody heard of these, based in leeds and offering surveys on investing in PV systems. Sunuser.co.uk
Replies
Views
  • Poll
As most other work is pap at the moment and handymen galore are winning jobs I'm figuring (as plenty of you probably have) that it's time to get...
Replies
Views
poheZ
P
S
Hi, Does anyone know how to calculate ballast requirements for the schueco flat roof mounting systems PV light 10, 20 or 30 angles. I have used...
Replies
Views
Are there any pv installers doing much work in northern ireland .I done the pv and wind turbine courses a while ago with a view of getting into...
Replies
Views
Hi All Had an interesting conversation yesterday from one of the national house builders we are working with. Their question related to the...
Replies
Views
mmccx
M
M
Hello people, I'm new to the forum (I've been looking for a forum to chat about PV systems for weeks). Preparing to install my first PV system...
Replies
Views
kablue2000
K
Hi all. My first post. I have recently done my C&G 2372 and now looking into an MCS scheme and getting a job ready for my assessment. To be...
Replies
Views
mmccx
M
M
I'm trying to work out how many panels I can get on my south facing roof but I'm a little confused with regards to shading. It looks like the...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm an electrician who has done the C&G 2372 and am starting to put together a PV installation for my MCS. Needless to say, despite the 2372...
Replies
Views
Noshocks
N
B
Installing a sunny boy at the moment. I thought all the connectors would be the MC4 type that replaced the MC3 ones. There seems to be some new...
Replies
Views
mmccx
M
Hello all I'm new to PV can anyone tell me what the procedure is for determining number of modules to a string, I know the ideal is to keep...
Replies
Views
mmccx
M
D
I am a spark who is trying to set up on my own, at the moment im sub contracting, and is raising capital to advertise and get going what is the...
Replies
Views
M
After my dissapointing NICEIC run PV course, I still have many questions unanswered. One of the main one being about the tools required. We had...
Replies
Views
Noshocks
N
I'm doing an electrical installation for a client who wants me to run a cable for a pv installation that may be required sometime in the future...
Replies
Views
amigo
A
L
We are heading towards MCS Certification. We have done to courses and understand the technology and how to install it. I'm even coming to terms...
Replies
Views
jaustin_14
J
A
Hi guys, I wonder if you know what will be better - a big 17kW three phase inverter or 3 x 6 kW single phase ones? Are there any pros and cons and...
Replies
Views
amigo
A
Don't know where in the depths ( or shallows ) this came from, but are "green" electricity credits transferable; could you donate them to charity...
Replies
Views
J
Started on my first solar pan. Install pretty straight forward so far
Replies
Views
Evening all.... More questions again, thanks in advance chaps. Basically part way through a job where they are having: Underfloorheating (wet...
Replies
Views
rtonne10
R
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock