Questions and electrical advice in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum - Please feel free to post threads specifically about the certification companies we have in the UK:- This forum is to discuss the certification companies specifically. There are many. Gas Engineers have one. Not sure which is best to be honest. The many or the few. You will need to choose a prefix, so it has to be about one of the schemes. If it doesn't have an option, contact staff and we will stick it in our to-do list..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrical Jobs

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z #
R
Hi guys These pics were taken because of a electrical fire. 8 flats on one phase Cowboy electrical guys caused this What do you think should happen to the landlord he knew about this and did nothing.
Replies
Views
Lister1987
Lister1987
Simon-0116
Carried out a db replacement and obliviousy tested house, sockets off lights down etc a proper test. Issued a Eic but estate agent want a eicr to rent property. So I'm registed with stroma as domestic / industrial etc . But not to do eicr. As never took 2391. I've got c+g 2360 level 3...
Replies
Views
buzzlightyear
buzzlightyear
I
Hi guys, Is it true we can now no longer carry out EICR's under the scheme? I went to reorder some Elecsa branded certs, and after i couldn't find them, i emailed the shop and they said they are no longer valid under 18th? Ta
Replies
Views
HappyHippyDad
HappyHippyDad
L
Hi. I'm trying to apply for an Electrical Labourer's card using my Level 3 2365 Electrical Installations (Buildings & Structures) certificate from City and Gills. I have passed the ECS health safety and environment assessment, but MyECS is still saying I am under-qualified for this grade. Am I...
Replies
Views
AJ3209
A
O
So this just dropped into my inbox: "Many thanks for your email last week on the issues facing our industry. I am pleased to say we had a positive response and we have reviewed every single email we received. The key themes that have emerged are as follows: • In terms of licencing...
Replies
Views
AJshep
AJshep
Dan
ELECSA Certification Scheme Discussion, Advice, Tips, Criticism - From and by Electricians in the UK This area of the forum isn't for flaming. Or moaning because they've increased their price on you. But for constructive criticism. If they increased their price, what is it that you get less of...
Replies
Views
Dan
Midwest
I'm registered with Elecsa, and quite often use their Technical Support facility. Recently I emailed Elecsa with a couple of questions for their tech support, using the main email address. As I hadn't received a within the week, I emailed again on Monday, no response. Today, I rang customer...
Replies
Views
sparkdog
sparkdog
sparkdog
Just got a letter from ELECSA , their price is going up from £39 a month to £41 a month about £490 per year now. I thought they might have come down with Stroma being only £280.
Replies
Views
polo1
polo1
C
Last night tried to order some new elecsa eicr forms but couldn't find them on their website.. contacted them this morning only to be told they no longer do the branded forms for eicr as they have no way of monitoring their use and therefore cannot take responsibility for them. They said I can...
Replies
Views
captainkev
C
J
hi everyone. hope im not just going over old ground but I have my first elecsa assessment on Wednesday and im really nervous about it. ive not done any testing other than the basic small setup at college and im realising just how different it is in the real world. I have a new CU as my job to...
Replies
Views
golfpaul
G
D
I am with Elecsa and I saw my first Elecsa advertisement today that wasnt in trade mags etc. Hooray I hear you all say, finally, at last, a scheme has decided to do some public advertisement. I saw it as I drove past but it was a banner in front of some parked cars, not sure if it was a car...
Replies
Views
Andy78
Andy78
L
Thoughts and comments on Elecsa?
Replies
Views
andyb
andyb
G
hi guys is it possible to buy Elecsa certs over the counter or can you only get them off there website ? ran out of minor works certs and need them sharpish. cheers
Replies
Views
Octopus
O
G
Hi Guys I have an Elecsa assessment next Wednesday and was just looking for any advice/experience on what to expect. I have worked as an electrician for a number of years but have only just set up as a sole trader, so I have not really completed major works yet and can't really take the...
Replies
Views
Anthony S
A
C
More of a vent than a question. Reading the latest copy of professional electrician magazine earlier and seen an article from elecsa titled "one of the most common questions we get asked on the technical helpline is do i need rcd protection for...". Now iv always known elect / nic etc standards...
Replies
Views
Marvo
Marvo
G
Hi guys can anyone tell me if the certs elecsa sell in their online shop are duplicate ones ? cheers
Replies
Views
Delboybully
D
V
Had my first Elecsa assessment this morning and have to say that my overnight panicking was totally uncalled for. I was asked lots of questions most of which I was able to answer without referring to the guide/reference books and asked to do several tests at the CU. All in all very happy with...
Replies
Views
uksparks
uksparks
T
Hi, hope this is in the right place, sorry if not, I haven't used this site in a long time! Just after a bit of advice, I've just paid for my Elecsa Part P registration and have been told that as I don't hold a testing and inspection qualification (yet, it's on the cards) that I will need to...
Replies
Views
th_walking_dude
T
G
...and i'm a little apprehensive! What are the hot questions they ask? And on another note, can i IR a whole CU with rcd's, or would it be advisable to test separately? Cheers.
Replies
Views
golfpaul
G
V
Hi guys, Please be gentle with me...... having spent the last 12 years living in France, we have now relocated back to the UK, so a lot of this is new to me. Having applied to Elecsa and completed the on-line theory assessment, I have now been given a date for the practical assessment but...
Replies
Views
Victor
V
ray-bentos
Hi Got a few questions regarding my upcoming (First!) assessment with Elecsa Part P scheme after finally deciding to go it on my own... Hope I'm in the right forum here and if not someone could move for me, but it seems both CPS related and inspection & testing related. I have been told I only...
Replies
Views
ray-bentos
ray-bentos
J
Can anyone clarify this. I have been informed that ELECSA defines Landlord (i.e. Rental property) as commercial property, & therefore not covered by their Part P scheme. Does anyone have any experience of this? It seems strange that Domestic rented property is not covered by the ELECSA Part P...
Replies
Views
Geoffsd
G
Z
Anyone got the email "a message from emma clanncy ceo certsure" Lots of waffle regarding new single register, too tired to read it at mo...just thought I'd let ya know they're thinking about the DCLG select committee thing D Skelton was on
Replies
Views
guest119
G
brucelee
Hi all just thought I would share my last few days may help cheer someone up and give them a giggle On the 22nd Dec driving the mrs and our little god daughter around doing last minute xmas shopping before I returned home to prepare for my annual assessment on the 23rd at 1.30pm. We had jsut...
Replies
Views
GLENNSPARK
GLENNSPARK
rustynails
Does anyone know if Elecsa are really strict on you not keeping copies of BS761 certificates? It'll be my second year with Elecsa in Jan and wanted to know what might happen if I don't have copies of every certificate I've given over the year, would it be a non-conformance and you get asked to...
Replies
Views
Octopus
O
T
my date for my re assessment has passed as i haven't had much monney comming in of late, started a rewire lately and as i haven't notified much this year was going to use this once i get paid. by the way my elecsa card runs out end of december does that mean i can still notify or does it go by...
Replies
Views
Richard Burns
Richard Burns
M
Had my elecsa assessment today and pleased to say I passed I thought I would post up questions asked ect for other forum members who are taking there first assesment my assessor was mr michael mayhe who was very helpful and put me at ease from the start. went through paper work ect if you tick...
Replies
Views
ArseyDee
A
N
hi, i have my elecsa assessment on thursday with john wormald. ive worked in the nuclear industry for 10 years, now i have decided to set up on my own.has anybody had any experience with john? what kind of questions does he ask etc! cheers
Replies
Views
Des 56
D
S
Hi, does anyone know if i can swap from elecsa to niceic? Thanks.
Replies
Views
GLENNSPARK
GLENNSPARK
Toby Kuhnert
Hi everyone I have my Elecsa assessment tomorrow afternoon and I really don't know what to expect in terms of how the actual assessors are? I'm really nervous about the whole thing to be honest and want to get it over and done with lol. Any tips that you can recommend? Cheers Toby :)
Replies
Views
brucelee
brucelee
B
Gulp! Put in for my first Elecsa assessment today! The only decent job I have is a full-rewire of a house. TT system! But hopefully this should be good enough. Other than the usual Ze,RCD,Building regs that normally come up during the assessment are there any other questions that seem to be...
Replies
Views
GLENNSPARK
GLENNSPARK
C
Hi Instead of re-inventing the wheel, I am looking for some elecsa certs in word format that I can customise with logo etc, if anyone can email them to me I would be so grateful otherwise I will get round to doing them and happy to share them, just pm me your email and I will send once done...
Replies
Views
telectrix
telectrix
Jay Sparks
Hi Guys &b Girls, Ive just had my annual asessment for Elecsa. I got talking to the assesser and asked him about this "third party" signing deally!! I asked him if I would need to be registered in a different way and PAY any extra fee??? He said this new "third party" thing is a load of crap...
Replies
Views
Jay Sparks
Jay Sparks
B
Hi everybody I've just registered to this forum although I have used it many times as a learning resource whilst studying for my 2330 Level 2 and 3 which finishes July 2013 (without an NVQ) I would deeply appreciate any information as to the current situation (post Feb 1st 2013) with...
Replies
Views
muzza1
M
D
Considering registering with ELECSA and thought I'd see what people have to say about them. Did their online registration form and was a bit surprised to see they want payment immediately, which put me off submitting it. Any comments about them would be appreciated...
Replies
Views
Octopus
O
R
Hi gents Looking to gain my elecsa accreditation for my private jobs so I can set up on my own, have chosen elecsa as i am already a NICEIC QS for my day to day company. My question is... I want to carry out a DB change at home for my assessment but the existing install is only about 2 years old...
Replies
Views
Rockstar94
R
G
Hi dudes. Im thinking of joining elecsa am i right in thinking you have to have a seperate assessment to do condition reports ? its starting to look expensive ! Online application for registration and annual review = £370 Assessment = £530 condition report assessment = £610 = £1510 + VAT do...
Replies
Views
amlu
D
Our electrician (hired via our contractor) began rewiring our house the beginning of November. He was suspended by ELECSA the beginning of December but didn't tell me and continued to rewire our house, completing the job mid January (a month behind schedule). I won't tell you how I found out...
Replies
Views
Octopus
O
O
Through my letter box yesterday dropped my renewal letter from Elecsa - money is tight at the moment, so I called them to see if they have any "payment schemes" Yes the lady said, pay your annual fee now, then pay your following years payments monthly, so at the end of the year your next...
Replies
Views
GLENNSPARK
GLENNSPARK
C
Hi guys, I'm new to this site. I've got my 1st elecsa assessment coming up. How did everyone find it?? Must admit I'm slightly crapping myself at the thought of it
Replies
Views
Silly Sausage
S
C
Well the times nearly upon me, I've got my elecsa assessment tomorrow and I must say I'm not looking forward to it very much. It's with a guy called Paul Bennett, has anyone had him before, any last minute pointers would be great as I could really do without failing and spending more money...
Replies
Views
sima24
S
C
Hi, I have my elecsa assessment coming up shortly and would be greatful if anyone can offer tips/advice on what to expect on the day. Thanks
Replies
Views
CSP2012
C
C
Hi. I have my Elecsa assessment approaching and was just wondering if anyone has any advice/tips what to expect from the visit. Thanks Chris
Replies
Views
CSP2012
C
K
Thinking of registering early next year, don't fancy paying all that money for NIC. Has anyone found either Elecsa or Napit better? Not sure on this one. Been told Napit, out of the two
Replies
Views
brman
B
S
More of a rant than a question, elecsa part p assesment booked for this morning, 45 mins before i get a call saying the guy is sick and have to wait another 4 weeks!!! If i would of been sick this morning i would have to pay another 300 quid for another aseesment, do you think they would give me...
Replies
Views
SPARTYKUS
S
Amp David
Any one else who is with ELECSA bother using their forum at all?
Replies
Views
Amp David
Amp David
V
at one of my inspections i found the boiler in the bathroom.the isolator is outside the bathroom,all the pipe work is tield around with a access hatch.so you just see the body of the boiler.the distance is a bit over 600 mm.What everyone think about this?shall i mention in report?shall i put as...
Replies
Views
virgil
V
P
Hi everyone I was thinking of joining either elecsa or napit .... £372 and £472 first annual fee then roughly the same every year afterwards.but what is strange is the public liability thing with napit it roughly cost £175 per year where as with elecsa they say that all you have to do is sign...
Replies
Views
Richard Burns
Richard Burns
B
:eek: I've got my initial assessment in the morning, i've got all my insurance documents, qualification certs, regs/on site guide/gn3 together, i've got the cert for the job i'm going to show him, and the invoice incase he wants to see it. Also have my multifunction tester and calibration cert...
Replies
Views
SirKit Breaker
S
T
just received my pack from elecsa and it states they will not issue certification unless i set up a direct debit, a bit peed off as this has cost me enough as it is. also how am i supposed to know if i want to trade next year or continue being with them. is this normal? it seems like not only...
Replies
Views
Rauer
R
Post a New Thread / Question