Questions and electrical advice in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum - Please feel free to post threads specifically about the certification companies we have in the UK:- This forum is to discuss the certification companies specifically. There are many. Gas Engineers have one. Not sure which is best to be honest. The many or the few. You will need to choose a prefix, so it has to be about one of the schemes. If it doesn't have an option, contact staff and we will stick it in our to-do list..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrical Jobs

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z #
Dan
Is STROMA now owned by Certsure along with NAPIT, NICEIC and ELECSA? Edit: NAPIT took over Stroma. Certsure operate NICEIC, ELECSA and NICEIC Cerifications. Somebody did correct me the other day when I got this wrong. But I can't remember whether I was wrong in saying Certsure do own them, or...
Replies
Views
Sparkingmad
Sparkingmad
L
I know how to test and but I’m not sure if I’m allowed to do it without the 2391 course.
Replies
Views
Lakeside_uk
L
K
Hi everyone My Napit assessment is approaching and it would be nice to get some feedback for my planned work on my of my friends workshop. There is already a consumer unit but its without RCD protection and thats on the shop floor. My plan is to make two circuits one lighting 6A and one Ring...
Replies
Views
King84
K
D
I've bought all the power and hand tools, and am planning to start up on my own doing small electrical jobs for people as a sole trader with small steps, the problem I think i'm going to have is being able to sign off the work when i've done it, my friend at college is working for someone so...
Replies
Views
Sintra
Sintra
Gavin John Hyde
Had my annual visit today, passed so all good. Discussed when exactly i was meant to have the 18th edition, he said that actually i didnt need to do the course as there is quite a long window. As the NICEIC/Elecsa are allowing upto 2 years - yes 2 years for those already registered to get it as...
Replies
Views
Risteard
Risteard
BruvDunk
I'm used to the IET on-site guide but as I prepare to splash out on the latest edition i see the NICEIC site guides also being pushed. Anyone had experience of both ? Pros\ cons etc of either
Replies
Views
Marti
Marti
Dannyg8810
Can anyone use this cert or do you have to be napit? Does anyone else do such a thing?
Replies
Views
Dannyg8810
Dannyg8810
S
Hi I have the windows version of this software and have bought an Ipad for Pat testing. However, I can't sem to find the PAT test certs on the IPAD.... Please say they are on the APP!!!! Luke
Replies
Views
socket2me
S
paddyc3112
I have my initial NAPIT assessment this week, has anybody got any tips or advice for this? Any pre preparation I should do?
Replies
Views
paddyc3112
paddyc3112
N
I was asked to quote on testing a mates 3 storey call centre/office (EICR & PAT), all going well until he read the small print on the insurance document (L & G, I think) which insists that the tester is NICEIC registered......which I'm not (Benchmark) Has anyone else come across this, I have...
Replies
Views
Clive P
Clive P
L
Afternoon fellas Being January and not as busy as normal I'm just thinking of idea 's to push things on and get more work, I've been non stop for the last few years but with more competition springing up I'm keen to keep busy . A question for the NICEIC Approved guys really, Is it worth the...
Replies
Views
LlandrilloSpark
L
K
I have my domestic installers test in about 4 weeks from NIC. What do I have to prepare for / questions / material / books? Going nuts here! They ask to see two completed jobs with certs. Can I give job results on City & guilds downloadable test sheets?
Replies
Views
trev
D
Hi chaps, Got a few questions about the example work for joining a scheme... For a start, is there any way around going down the LABC route for my example of major works for my initial NICEIC inspection? My flat is currently wired to 15th Edition, so thinking it would make sense to upgrade to...
Replies
Views
Welchyboy
W
S
Hi. First post for me, now that I've been cajoled by the forum boss (?), Dan. I've been a member for about 7 months, and it certainly helped me get NIC DI ~5 mnths ago, by providing lots of posts on real-world stuff, like whether to pull the service fuse to isolate for a new CU, without me...
Replies
Views
MarkieSparkie
M
J
I would just like to have a bit of a rant about the competent person schemes. I have been an NICEIC approved contractor for four years now. I'm a 26 year old self-employed electrician, I have consistently turned over £40,000 per year and made about a £28,000 wage (no different to JIB rate). I...
Replies
Views
Rockingit
Rockingit
D
Hi guys, a long story short. I've been asked about an install on a large new build block of flats that were built 6 years ago, after which the electrical contractor went bust. Months ago one of the flats had a PIR done and it turns out things aren't to good e.g 3 final ring circuits mixed up &...
Replies
Views
Amp David
Amp David
D
Ive worked for my uncle for the past 20 years im the qs for the firm threw niceic ive just started on my own self employed working for him 2days a week cis sub(as he is getting to the time to slow down retirement looming) and the rest of the week for myself the problem im having is that i cant...
Replies
Views
dunc123
D
F
Hello All, I work for a small group who have a few properties scattered around the country, and need some info about testing, checking etc ---- If we carry out some electrical work on the houses and the work is completed by an NICEIC approved contractor do we have to get the work tested by a...
Replies
Views
widdler
widdler
L
Hi Everyone, We had our annual NICEIC visit last week which we passed, so no problem there !! However during discussions with the NICEIC rep the following point came up. In a kitchen the 'Electricians Guide to Building Regs incl Part 'P'', the little green book, shows on page 57 the distances...
Replies
Views
markythesparky
markythesparky
Post a New Thread / Question