Questions and electrical advice in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - This Section is STRICTLY for testing PROBLEMS which members have occured, misunderstood readings, Periodic Inspection Reporting / Electrical Installation Condition Reports, Mathematical Equations/Solutions, Part P and other legislation which require you to Inspect and Test..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrical Jobs

C
Quite a simple Q really - how would you go about testing an installation where you change the main CU but don't change the 'sub main' powering an...
Replies
Views
Cirrus
C
B
Hello, i have just bought a Fluke 1652 and was testing lighting circuits, i bridged out the phase and nautral and tested between the phase and...
Replies
Views
M
W
Hello, my work want me to do periodics on some of our sites. the sites are based at landfills. Im not exactly sure how the earthing is arranged...
Replies
Views
wayne
W
M
hey guys, im currently under going an electricians course in the UK but am stuck on a multiple choice question. the answer i was expecting wasnt...
Replies
Views
Shakey
S
T
Any recent qualified new sparks interested in some test equip see above ring 0791 2011441. cheers
Replies
Views
Cirrus
C
S
My 1st question so please be kind! If this has been asked allready, sory but i've tried searching and didn't find anything. Changing lights in a...
Replies
Views
U Jay
U
D
;)I have a 3 parts question with regards to testing equipment. Would my fellow sparkies who read this, spare me 2 mins of their time please and...
Replies
Views
jibtech
J
G
i have recently finished a periodic test of a fairly large castle and found that the building had no main equipotential bonding conductors. There...
Replies
Views
wayne
W
D
Could anyone just give me a bit of advice regarding a Zs test at a light switch, as the tester i have just baught is the ''Fluke 1653'' tester and...
Replies
Views
johnosman
J
C
I have a private job coming up which is complete board change, new tails, new main earth & equipotential bonding replacement as well as various...
Replies
Views
Cirrus
C
C
Did the theory on 5/6/08. Any ideas when results released ????
Replies
Views
Shakey
S
L
I was asked to solve this and I was wondering if I was going about solving it in the proper manner so wanted some info and hoping I could get some...
Replies
Views
M
T
is the 2391 inspection and testing qualification regarded the same as that of the inspection and testing module as part of the level 3 2330...
Replies
Views
TONY JONES
T
C
I did an electrical insepection course about 3 months ago which I needed for doing a lot of spurs I was adding for projectors in schools. The...
Replies
Views
PAUL M
P
S
Chaps, following some recent posts on here about answering questions in 2391 written exams, to the 16th or 17th Edition, here it from the horses...
Replies
Views
charlie
C
R
Hi, can anyone help? I've recently carried out a PIR on a school building which has 1 main distribution board supplying 9 other distribution...
Replies
Views
Shakey
S
C
Is the rule of thumb for Zs still o.75 or is it now 0.8 ( from 17th edition ) ???
Replies
Views
R
R2
hello all, just after some info please. Can someone explain/clrify what on a shedule of test results is required for R2. I understand r1+r2 but...
Replies
Views
Shakey
S
O
Afternoon, Looking For A Bit Help, Changing A Light Switch For A Dimmer Switch/box Bedroom One Light-one Switch. With A Minor Works Cert, What...
Replies
Views
O
T
I have Metrel loop tester MI 2122 and Continuity tester MI2123, but there are some functions I can't get to work properly. Anyone got a copy of...
Replies
Views
murdock
M
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock