Questions and electrical advice in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum - All questions relating to Photovoltaic & Solar Panels in this forum, including feed-in tariffs, inverters, panels, calculations, schematics, installation, maintenance & fault finding. Solar panels forum. Solar forum. Solar talk. A photovoltaic system, also solar PV power system, or PV system, is a power system designed to supply usable solar power by means of photovoltaics..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrical Jobs

T
DECC today announced the terms of the review of Feed in Tariffs for larger scale photovoltaic systems – those over 50kW. They propose that the...
Replies
Views
eldsecny
E
S
We've just been asked to quote for an in-roof system - any advice????
Replies
Views
S
G
OK. Need to get a quote to a customer tonight but hit a snag. The roof has a 15 degree pitch but table H2 doesn't have a radiation figure for...
Replies
Views
GreggElectrical
G
S
Ok, I bit the bullet and bough PvSol, now I'm trying to design 2 systems on it - PC about to go out the window :mad: Can't figure out how to add...
Replies
Views
C
We have not had any commercial projects yet but I have been asked by a family member about the fixing strategy to a modern commercial roof because...
Replies
Views
confounded
C
Hi just fitted my first system for the mcs inspection and i'm not sure wether i need to bond the array frame. its on a bungalow and there's...
Replies
Views
M
Hi We are currently MCS (three technologies ) and Part P with Elecsa. Our renewal date is within the first week of April 2011 and Elecsa want...
Replies
Views
what is the next step i did the pv course about 4 months ago i have just finished my first installation what the next steps to get them...
Replies
Views
United-Kingdom (1.16MW) A-SUNENERGY.COM Quality install - just look at all the inverters and DC switches! Dont ask me which panel isnt...
Replies
Views
S
kwe
Maybe I'm being a bit thick but what does kwe mean in terms of the amount of renewable energy installed? I'm looking at some stats for installs...
Replies
Views
S
C
:o Scratch that. 4 pole.
Replies
Views
claypole
C
E
Hi Guys, Just thought I would start this thread if anyone want's any advice or has any questions on the MCS Accreditation process. We are...
Replies
Views
EasyMCSLtd
E
Hi Guys, We have an MCS assesment for thermal coming up. It is only for the specific thermal areas as we already have a pv accreditation. Just...
Replies
Views
EasyMCSLtd
E
R
for doing solar paneling on a house do i need C&G 2372 or is it just good practice to have i like to keep learning more but its like £700 to get...
Replies
Views
Kevin
K
M
What have people been using for their commissioning certificates? I have come across an example in the dti book but I wondered if anyone was...
Replies
Views
T
Hi All, Just done my first day of my first install which will be used for assessment. Enjoyed it but have no knuckles left! I am using a...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all, I'm sure this has been asked before and I've had a look on the forum but can't seem to find an answer. I'm just designing a 9.66kWp...
Replies
Views
T
Hi All, I suspect this has been covered many times but I cannot find a definitive answer. I am undertaking my first install which will be used...
Replies
Views
S
I am looking into MCS accreditation and am wondering about the meter. Do you need a digital or analogue meter? I have bought one off ebay but dont...
Replies
Views
Von Vardo
V
T
This is a link to a panel cleaning solution YouTube - PvSpin - cleaning device for solar modules
Replies
Views
Matt_M
M
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock