Questions and electrical advice in the UK Electrical Forum - UK Electricians Forums > Electrical Forum for UK Electrical Rules, Regulations and UK Laws. Electrical Theories, Wiring Diagrams and More. DIY and Professional Electricians are Welcome..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrician Jobs

I have come across a double socket where the earth terminations aren't linked together - Is this illegal (and what regulation do i look at?) or is...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have read few posts about dual appliance outlet and wonder now if it can be used in my case. I have 32a 6mm cable to 45a switch...
Replies
Views
What is the max disconnection time for an IT system? I think it would be shorter in that an MCB would only be triggered after a fault on two...
Replies
Views
Newbie Question: I know theres loads of posts about this topic, but IM due to change a consumer unit for a customer and had told them to contact...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry If I am posting in the wrong place, I am new. If you could take the time to read my post, I would appreciate it more than you know. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Newbie here and DIY homeowner looking for advice. I found a spur in our house with 5 double sockets on. Ideally I would like to keep the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m about to get some fitted wardrobes installed which will cover 2 plugs sockets. The wardrobes will be fitted wall to wall, so only front...
Replies
Views
This has me a little bit stumped. Recently installed a BNO system into a building which will eventually become some flats, so that's basically...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Hoping you can help. My house has a ring in the kitchen that is no longer wired direct to the consumer unit as it had a fault and kept...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Sorry if this is in the wrong category, one of my friends recommended me to post here to get some advice in the current situation...
Replies
Views
Hello I have had a new boiler and controller installed a couple of months ago and my electricity bills have increased quite significantly ever...
Replies
Views
Sorry in advance. Didn't sleep well last night and my brain has haemorrhaged! Just designing power to a shed with 3 floodlights on the lawn from...
Replies
Views
Evening..Just wondering if it's acceptable to run 3 separate consumer units off one 3 phase meter, I have seen 3 consumer units off 3 meters on a...
Replies
Views
Hello I am new on this website and first want to say hello to everyone. We moved to a house with old night storage heaters. We had to replace one...
Replies
Views
Hi all, A customer is looking into the option of upgrading to a 3 phase power supply in order to get a new electric boiler system installed...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock