Questions and electrical advice in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum - Please feel free to post threads specifically about the certification companies we have in the UK:- This forum is to discuss the certification companies specifically. There are many. Gas Engineers have one. Not sure which is best to be honest. The many or the few. You will need to choose a prefix, so it has to be about one of the schemes. If it doesn't have an option, contact staff and we will stick it in our to-do list..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrical Jobs

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z #
M
keep getting contacted by STROMA about joining them and using there services for electrical certification , they seem to be implying that they are the new and improved NAPIT service, has anyone else had contact from them
2 3
Replies
Views
telectrix
telectrix
Frimley111R
For those of you have been assessed recently, (it's Feb 21 right now) for the first time. How long did it take NICEIC to confirm acceptance/pass and so membership of this organisation?
Replies
Views
HappyHippyDad
HappyHippyDad
I
I decided to join Napit and my first assessment was end of October. Everything was in order but not heard anything since and status on my login still says "pending assessment." Tried emailing my assessor but not had a response. Anyone with experience of Napit know if this is a normal time span...
Replies
Views
JBW175
JBW175
Nitram
I have been working for one main contractor as a subbie for about 5 years (hoping to go on the payroll eventually) until they went bust last year. I got my 2360 pt 1 and 2 and 17th 1st ed. and try as I might I found progression impossible given my circumstances. I find myself in need of a...
Replies
Views
Nitram
Nitram
M
Hello everyone! Could anybody help me with the right route of getting JIB card? I am currently have City & Guilds 2330 Level 3 certificates and CSCs card. What other card do i need to have to get JIB card? Please help me Thank you
Replies
Views
Leesparkykent
Leesparkykent
S
Hi all Looking at joining storma I have all my quals and public liability, what else is needed? What do you need to show on the assment is a board change enough? How long after you have paid the money, intill the assessment? Thanks in advance
Replies
Views
Andy78
Andy78
W
(Hi, first post, not an electrician, just looking for advice, I hope thats allowed but mods please let me know if it isn't) Looking to buy a place and our surveyor recommended we get the electrics checked. So the electrician has sent us his NICEIC test report. The summary is: "No earth...
Replies
Views
sparksburnout
sparksburnout
M
The test cert is for a transportable building I have fill in a test not done it since college, i dont know what to put in the max disconnection time for Bs60898 MCBs protected by a 63A 30ma RCD main switch, no circuit exceeds 32A is it 0.4s for a TN system is it 0.2s for a TT system or 300ms...
Replies
Views
spark 68
spark 68
S
Hi all, finally became a member after reading as a guest for years. Sent application to ELECSA yesterday, any one got any info on what to expect on my assessment ? Any advice appreciated. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Plonker 3
P
C
as above, just had letter through from elecsa to renew at a cost of £444, out of every job i have done this year 99% of them didn't even know what part p was and wasn't bothered, the other 1% didn't care less who i was with as long as i could register the job, so now i get to thinking do i just...
Replies
Views
T
R
Doing an office fit-out, it's an alteration and an addition to the existing installation. However in the section for Particulars of the Installation referred to in the Certificate it asks of for the details of the Main Switch, earthing, maximum demand etc, which I don't have. Do I need to...
Replies
Views
Toonlad
Toonlad
P
Hi all Found this forum whilst looking to change scam provider, due to the sheer hell NIC have put me through since they mixed one of my assessment addresses with someone else's. (Get in touch if you did take an inspector to a flat in Regal Ct, Chelmsford- How did they treat you?). Was...
Replies
Views
Cleggy
C
Q
I'm rewiring my mate's house, so figured it'd be good to use for my Napit assessment. The thing is, he wants to totally refurb the kitchen at a much later date, so doesn't really want new power circuits putting in there yet. My query is... Will Mr Napit assessor be satisfied if i rewire the rest...
Replies
Views
Quinnysparks
Q
P
Hi all Required a change from making signs, so have done Part P and C&G 2381. Will be looking to complete 2391 next year. Interested in who you all recommend to register with, niceic etc, pros and cons with each. What backup help do they offer, or are they onlt after your money ? I have heard...
Replies
Views
trbod
T
L
I'm a landlord who renovates properties for rent and for sale. I'm currently renovating eight flats and I employed an NICEIC-registered electrician to do the modifications to some flats/rewire others. During the time he was doing this I also got him months of work on other building jobs I was...
Replies
Views
ipf
A
Hi all Im currently looking into getting NICEIC once im sorted and ready to trade, i am just wondering what the process is because they say they come view two jobs? How do you do the jobs before you get NICEIC dont you have to do the work then inform BC? But dosent this cost a FORTUNE? then...
Replies
Views
C
R
Can anyone recommend The NICEIC book: Snags & Solutions Pt 1, Earthing & Bonding. I need a book about Earthing & Bonding for a long journey and GN8 isn't out in time. Any good? Snags and Solutions - a Practical Guide to Everyday Electrical Problems: Earthing and Bonding Pt. 1: Updated to...
Replies
Views
Engineer54
E
L
Hey Guys i am a 3rd year apprentice and have just started testing properties which are over looked by a qualified electrician and i can test fine i think i've got the knack of it now still check the on-site guide every once and a while but thats what its there for hey on the 2nd and 3rd page...
Replies
Views
IQ Electrical
IQ Electrical
E
I know with napit there is search a member and you just type in their post code. I need to find out if this kitchen fitter is BS me. I have his post code and company name. Can anyone help?
Replies
Views
Octopus
O
C
i started a job last november, it was a pub/ b&b/ landlords flat, the job was to be done in 3 stages, stage 1 was sockets and lights in the downstairs bar areas. the exsisting installation was a complete mess with over 60 years of bodging. i installed the new consumer unit, tail and sockets/...
Replies
Views
coxy84
C
W
Hi, ive got my inspection soon and was unsure about some of the requirements. What do i need for my waste disposal policy? My health & safety policy? What jobs best to show to the inspector? What happens on the onsite inspection? And any pointers? Hope you can help,
Replies
Views
Wrighty19842003
W
A
hi have been working for a company and he just wants me to carry on working there indefinetly, he dosnt want me to get on my own, i have booked myself in to napit to go on my own, i have my first inspection comming up in about 2weeks, i was looking for some help to get throught the inspection...
Replies
Views
deafboy
D
D
ive got my assesment booked for the niceic registration i just was wondering what the assessors ask you to do and is it hard..
Replies
Views
dredski
D
P
Hi,pulling hair out here I hope someone can clear this up for me as I have the inspector coming from NAPIT to visit the install. To put it short, Existing building,existing extension,Extension had a fire,I rewire new feeds back to the board.Install 11 fire rated downlights 2 outside lights,1...
Replies
Views
piggyitm
P
M
had my second assesment to day on site with inspecting engineer it was not as bad as i thought it would be. The guy was very good so i passed :) so anyone doing it it not worth worring about it
Replies
Views
sparkdog
sparkdog
M
Hi, I get my first one tomorrow,and am wondering how in depth it goes,and how forgiving the inspectors are? ie Spanish inquisition or that'll do! Cheers,kevin.
Replies
Views
mazolaman
M
S
ive heard niciec have a periodic inspection report course has anyone done this course ? or know anyone that has ? please let me kown
Replies
Views
scott g
S
K
Hello I am confused as to the quickest route one can take to become a domestic installer but really with the intention of only doing Test and inspection including periodics. So far I did C&G 2330 part 1 (boring) 2380 (16th edition) I am a graduate Electrical & Electronic engineer, which...
Replies
Views
krishcanag
K
Post a New Thread / Question