Questions and electrical advice in the Electricians' Talk - Industrial installations can be discussed in this industrial electricians' talk forum. Way better than any ScrewSucks Community Forums. ElectriciansTalk Forum. Wiring, theories and regulations..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrical Jobs

S
How are you ment to test the rcd of a lighting circuit if you can't test when it's live am I right in thinking you can just use the same figure as...
Replies
Views
Engineer54
E
S
SORRY!!!...made spelling mistake, tried to correct, forum went nutts (my laptop more likly)...so re posting... hi all, hope your all well and...
Replies
Views
W
Anybody had any dealings with this wholesaler? What are they like price wise etc? Cheers
Replies
Views
Hi all went to customers house to do kitchen electrics for builder, whilst at property customer informed me of change of consumer unit to be next...
Replies
Views
C
Hi guys with the star delta motor starting controls I know you have 3 contractors, the main, the star & then delta. The star contractor is looped...
Replies
Views
P
Hi all. Not a working butnvq 3 after 3 yrs at college . Looked at wife's friends cu for her. Was tripping out at random. Checked RCA times and...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
Thought I'd share this with you all, what I found today on a call out!!
Replies
Views
SPARTYKUS
S
T
What sort of guarantee should I offer on domestic work? I was thinking along the lines of 10 years on all fixed wiring and '1st fix' work, and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My sister has bought an oven and has asked me to connect it when it gets delivered. She has a 6mm cable protected by a 32A mcb so I told...
Replies
Views
dan86
D
C
Hi I have an old Wylex Db serving my house. It is basic with MCB's and protected by an added RCD box on the incommer at a later stage. Iv'e had a...
Replies
Views
Went to price job for new patio outside power possible socket and sfcu for lights. Customer now wanting x 3 2g outside sockets. One at each far...
Replies
Views
T
i need to study for the 17th edition. i have a red edition but there is now a green version out. can i still use my red book or will i need to buy...
Replies
Views
Silly Sausage
S
Hi, Just wandering what this thing is. It's got a fuse as you can see and then two other ' things' ! Never seen one before that I recall and...
Replies
Views
3 weeks ago I did the first fix on a refurbishment of kitchen. I have only just had a phone call to come and do the second fix. The customer is...
Replies
Views
R
V
just done a fire alarm system for a customer. now thinking to convince them to let me do the inspection every 6 months. but had no ideal how much...
Replies
Views
I am installing a commercial food premises at the moment, the shop fitters have asked me to bond all steel work, can someone confirm which of...
Replies
Views
Plonker 3
P
I have inspected a house in the middle of nowhere (nearest neighbours is 1/2 mile away). New owners going for a complete refurb. Floorboards not...
Replies
Views
Guys, what, if anything, have I missed? Problem has apparently existed for over a year. Random tripping, no obvious pattern, but can be at 6am...
Replies
Views
Hi all, my mum runs a B&B and has a lot of issues with European guests forgetting adapters, etc. and was wondering if fitting a European socket in...
Replies
Views
Engineer54
E
S
Just been doing some redecorating in my house and came across this feeding a ceiling light, has any one come across this type of wiring before? It...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock