Questions and electrical advice in the Electricians' Talk - Industrial installations can be discussed in this industrial electricians' talk forum. Way better than any ScrewSucks Community Forums. ElectriciansTalk Forum. Wiring, theories and regulations..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrician Jobs

Search the forum,
I am converting 2 small old shops with living quarters above into 3 flats but have come up against a bit of a problem in relation to the...
Replies
Views
S
hi my names Sparky major long time reader first time poster......anyway i am currently still an apprentice and a have past my 2330 and now in my...
Replies
Views
ezzzekiel
E
D
I think the wordings pretty bad on this first question as i don't understand what the question really wants, so any help to the answer or the...
Replies
Views
DomCallear
D
M
hes holding a Plug n socket inline "Comando" type the Plug doesnt have shroud round the pins and its coloured RED with only 3 pins WTF
Replies
Views
sparky1502
S
M
Hi there, Thanks in advance for you help, I hope this is not a problem which has been brough up previously, I have had a look but can't see any...
Replies
Views
WDMDL
W
P
If i am fitting an extractor fan in a bathroom that has a large window for light do I need a triple pole isolator as all the power will be coming...
Replies
Views
SirKit Breaker
S
A
I've just watched a "master" electrician from Massachussets install what is essentially a low voltage downlight. However, like most things US...
Replies
Views
accordfire
A
Well thats a first for me. 5 amp fuse holder with what can only be described as a nail for fuse wire into A 40Amp 30ma rcd with A C32 MCB...
Replies
Views
Looked at a job today where a burst pipe in the loft has soaked a bathroom and bedroom upstairs and most of the kitchen downstairs. Problems are...
Replies
Views
G
I have tested 18 thermocouples for a loop test. 70% show 290 ohmes and 30% show 230 ohmes. Would this suggest they are different lengths? Also how...
Replies
Views
gravitate
G
A small b&b called me about light timer problem, the timer keeps blowing, it is for hallway lights, normally after 5 minutes the lights go off...
Replies
Views
WDMDL
W
J
why would a mains powered smoke alarm just randomly go off??
Replies
Views
accordfire
A
I dont know the true answer to this to everyone is able to chuck ther opinion in. When wiring an installation how do you prove Overcurrent...
Replies
Views
Guest123
G
D
Hi all, This Im sure is basic and easy to you guys but for some reason its not happening or me. Have 2 2way switches in hall 1 for hall light and...
Replies
Views
davie a
D
R
I bought a copy of the wiring regs before doing a course. I was given a new copy on the course and so I wanted to sell my original copy. However...
Replies
Views
Roger Munford
R
P
"the electrics are not working will you take a look on christmas eve and sort them please" umm this does not look like my definition of safe...
Replies
Views
accordfire
A
C
Hello, Before I get into it, I'm not an electrician nor do i know anything about electrics, so please bear with my terminology :) I'm a...
Replies
Views
Guest123
G
I
I am a serial destroyer of mobile phones. Over the last couple of years I have broken just about every so called indestructible phone. I am now...
Replies
Views
P
J
hi all i am new here and i have been with my company now for 5months today i was with my boss and we did some testing on a flooded house we...
Replies
Views
ezzzekiel
E
there is a tim 30 coin meter in a flat of my mates when you putting in money , your hand is touching the tails going to distribution board.. whats...
Replies
Views
C
Hi, been asked to look at a job because this guy was gonna change a fan yet he's told me that he turned off the lighting breaker yet the fan...
Replies
Views
Bigboy247
B
A
Hi All Just a thought, while many of us are doing end of year's, and paperwork and so on. For your New Year's Resolution, why don't you make...
Replies
Views
accordfire
A
Hi- I've got to link a new fire alarm system into a Notifier ID2000 panel. Can I get a repeater panel to do this or will I have to get a new...
Replies
Views
accordfire
A
R
Hi, would just like to say thanks to anyone who answered my last posts about outside light switch and installing key switch. Anyway was replacing...
Replies
Views
Blog - Interesting, looks like a full BR review, whether it brings change...
Replies
Views
S
Hi All Hope you have had a good Xmas. In my bathroom I would like to install a decent extractor fan on my ceiling ducting it out to the soffit...
Replies
Views
K
hi all,i posted here the other day finidng out about regs about plug positioning im looking to keep up to date on regs so they are more clear and...
Replies
Views
kilty55
K
B
Hi all, I am relatively new to electronics. I am building a device which uses a car battery to power a starter motor. The system is remote...
Replies
Views
Hi All dose anyone know if you can get a IPX4 Pull cord for zone 2? to switch fan heater 13A Hope you've had a good Christmas and looking...
Replies
Views
Hi guys and girls, I'm quite new to this so sorry if its in the wrong section. I just have a couple of questions one regarding qualifications and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, new to the forum - be kind. I've no real experience in fault finding and or testing night storage heaters, but will soon have to start...
Replies
Views
As above. I've only been on this forum for 3 months and the single person that has bent over backwards for me and others has been Phil. His help...
Replies
Views
millwall ken
M
R
Hi everyone Just moved into a house which has a conservatory and we seem to have a little problem with the electrics. The previous tenants...
Replies
Views
SimpleSimon
S
J
Hi I have recently carried out an electrical installation in a small office unit that will be occupied by the public and around 5-10 office...
Replies
Views
accordfire
A
M
Hi all, Can someone please tell what the law is, in regards to taking on a 17 year old apprentice? Or direct me to a relevant post on this forum...
Replies
Views
accordfire
A
G
Hi all, saw my brother over Xmas and he has a problem with battery chargers fusing out when he turns them on, now blown 3 different ones. All...
Replies
Views
G
What I have been told to do is test a bunch of thermocouples at work. The equiptment I am using is shown here http://www.hkanswers.com/testing.jpg...
Replies
Views
gravitate
G
C
been trawling the internet over xmas trying to see who can help and I found you. hope you can assist with my question.....my shower switch has...
Replies
Views
John Bunning
J
M
Hi all, I have a Suncrest equinox remote controlled electric fire which has ceased to function. Battery ok in remote, frequency of remote set...
Replies
Views
Debbie
D
Hi all, I have been to a job today to have a look. The customer is moving some stud walls in a ground floor flat and wants me to move the...
Replies
Views
R
Hi I am currently planning to join the nic and as i have been informed they will inspect my work i.e a board change, is there anyway i can not...
Replies
Views
thekingiam
T
Hi men new to this site ill keep it short had a crap 2010 workwise got done out of £5500 by an electrical firm . 36 MEN ALL GOT HIT ******. Any...
Replies
Views
A
Hello every one I hired a BT engineer to install a 20A power socket in the garage to run a table saw that needs 16A power supply. After...
Replies
Views
ukpablo
U
S
seasons greetings to all except the lowlife who broke into my van today at tescos in purley.They managed to cut through the central locking cable...
Replies
Views
millwall ken
M
R
Hello We work at a local grain silo company where a LV buried cable supplying one of the sheds has been damaged. We've found the fault and...
Replies
Views
roukel01
R
P
My son has just bought a house,but there is no power to the garage,can he come of a socket which is on a ringmain to a socket in garage then onto...
Replies
Views
Am trying to find a weatherproof and vandal proof keyswitch. This is for turning on pathway lights up to a church from the gate rather than...
Replies
Views
accordfire
A
P
i need a optimal model for calculating arc fault current in low voltage switchboard. where can i get a sample case of arc fault current ,so that i...
Replies
Views
project872000
P
W
I am fitting a consumer unit and have major prob with ring circuit.at first i was getting a short circuit on insulation test between live and...
Replies
Views
nickblake
N
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock