Questions and electrical advice in the Electricians' Talk - Industrial installations can be discussed in this industrial electricians' talk forum. Way better than any ScrewSucks Community Forums. ElectriciansTalk Forum. Wiring, theories and regulations..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrician Jobs

Search the forum,
H
hi guys, need some help im wiring a indoor arena on a farm never done this type of work before so not sure what is required am going through the...
Replies
Views
hughesy
H
S
Hi all, I am new here and I just need a little guidance on an issue I am having. I purchased many years ago the following lighting rig. EVL Mini...
Replies
Views
swano8275
S
i all i am a traniee electrician i have completed my 2330 level 2 &3 i have some experince as a mate i wolud like to join a company to gain more...
Replies
Views
WarrenG
W
M
if a customers boiler has broken and a new boiler is installed i reconnect the new boiler and do a test but do i have to put it on an rcd and...
Replies
Views
BillR3
B
S
As there appears to be a forum for "professional" electricians, I guess amateurs can post here. Also, although the question refers to using a...
Replies
Views
sunnybrook
S
Hi, Just wondering if anybody knows what the proper name for a metal back box with a single and double space in one complete box is called, and...
Replies
Views
WarrenG
W
O
Zs
Hi, hopefully a quick question for you guys. Can you take a Zs reading with electrical equipment still connected to the circuit?
Replies
Views
T
A house that has 2.5m T&E from the back of a kitchen socket (ring) outside the wall in a thick water pipe burried 2ft underground, travels about 7...
Replies
Views
S
Hi Can someone tell me if they know the correct amperage for a mains plug fuse that's plugged into a 230-volt power supply unit in a UK PC? I...
Replies
Views
S
I bought a new hotpoint electric hob which says it must be wired to a junction box with 6mm cable. Why should it be wired into a junction box...
Replies
Views
Jurassic Spark
J
D
ok my boss has given 2 of us a day to tray up a timber frame building coridor, ceilings double boarded ,has eight 45's which we have 2 make...
Replies
Views
i am taking my 2391 next week and i would find it helpfull if anyone knows where i can find last years exam papers for me to download ?
Replies
Views
F
hi guys, I am a newbie here and am to everything electrical. I am 31 and got made redundant from my IT job. I am in Ireland but I am very close...
Replies
Views
montybaber
M
F
Hi All, I need a meter for ensuring Capacitors are discharged, they work up to 600v and are located in a place where a normal GS38 voltage...
Replies
Views
Forrest
F
J
I am aware that a lot of old switch gear contains asbestos where the old fuse wire carriers are inserted. I am curious as to what is the correct...
Replies
Views
city spark
C
C
  • Redirect
hi all, got my assesment looming, have submitted my two jobs,one an additional ring<loft conv> one a spur......... with regards to the paperwork...
Replies
Views
N/A
J
"It is no secret that there is a huge demand for skilled and qualified tradesmen. Estimates suggest that there is a shortfall of 37,000 qualified...
Replies
Views
WarrenG
W
hi im a trainee so please forgive me if im wrong. my aunty has just been asking me for some advice. she lives in a 3 storey type house and if you...
Replies
Views
hughesy
H
S
HI everyone I'm in the middle of some electrical line drawings and need the drawing symbol for a RCBO..... Does anyone know it or where to find...
Replies
Views
sparky_135
S
J
Hi all I am not an electrician as you will soon see. I always each year decorate the outside of my house at christmas to raise funds for the...
Replies
Views
JeanGenie
J
Hi all, i mainly do domestic work but am becoming a little bored of late. Can anyone recommend any electrical training courses, which could help...
Replies
Views
montybaber
M
C
Hi all, hope you can settle this little difference of opinion. Got a small job extending a lighting circuit to put extra light in an attic. No RCD...
Replies
Views
cctbreaker
C
W
I haven't seen this site (whistle...) Meter Seals :Stephen P Wales Ltd
Replies
Views
WarrenG
W
S
Hi all, Just been to look at a job where the elv lighting in the kitchen sometimes trips the mcb, put my voltstick to the interior wall near were...
Replies
Views
WarrenG
W
D
Hi, can someone either advise me or point me in the right direction please. I have been asked to connect some outdoor lighting and decorations and...
Replies
Views
deuce1
D
R
hi people, i`m new to this forum (cant believe i only just found it!!) well my problem is this. i been an electrician for 12 years, i`ve worked...
Replies
Views
roboze
R
J
I'm just about to start and wire a load of refurbished industrial units which have offices at the back but no natural ventilation. Aparently you...
Replies
Views
ninjadeathstalk
N
S
A friend of mine is having a downstairs extension, it'll be a kitchen diner when done. The quote he's received includes the electrics but i'm a...
Replies
Views
T
Please help! I am in my early 40s and employed full time not in the electrical industry. I have done a number of years part time as an electrical...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I'm after a bit of advice on fitting a consumer unit to new extension. The existing house C.U is a 6 way Wylex 100A (non-RCD protected...
Replies
Views
W
Not sure this will comply?......lol http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp295/WarrenG_017/InterestingFireHood.jpg
Replies
Views
beaver74
B
E
Hi guys, I am struggling to get my head around just what exactally is required to become a self employed electrician. I am on my C&G 2330...
Replies
Views
A
must start by sayin am not too familiar with th forum...is there anythin in 17th that mentions the need to use steel conduit when the socket is at...
Replies
Views
uksel
U
W
Though I would start a thread for some making good tips. I usually get some one in to make good for me (which of course costs) but if there...
Replies
Views
adamh
A
B
hi guys havnt been on this site for quite a while had internet problems seems like loads of new members....anyway to the point ive got my 2330...
Replies
Views
uksel
U
W
Doing a job where the upstairs lighting feeds and shower cable are currrently being routed through the back of a cuboard where the boiler is kept...
Replies
Views
S
Hi guys, your thoughts, are they all the same or are some dodgy/better than others. Thanks Si.
Replies
Views
T
Hi. My first post and looking for a bit of advice. I am doing the installation 'donkey work' before I get an electrician in to put a new ring...
Replies
Views
T
I know the tittle might sound daft to some of you. I'm asking because ive been told different things. I've been told that if you do 2330 parts...
Replies
Views
sivoodoo
S
L
HI, I need an LEB electrician to move the supply and fit a new pme system to a property in edgware. I have had LEB blokes move them for me in the...
Replies
Views
luke teague
L
O
Hi, I am currently studying my 2330 level 2 and I'm struggling to find someone who will take me on as a trainee so I can start my NVQ 3. Are there...
Replies
Views
T
H
i completed my part1 and 2 electrical installation also my 16th edition i then finally got a job as a mate and completed my NVQ3 ive coverd all...
Replies
Views
P
Hi, i have an old pendant style light in the bathroom which i want to replace with one that fits the current regs. Bought a light fitting -...
Replies
Views
WarrenG
W
T
Hi Guys, I am going to rewire a flat above a shop shortly. The current setup is all of one meter. The customer has requested a new meter being...
Replies
Views
Spudnik
S
J
hi just a blonde thick question can anyone help?????
Replies
Views
WarrenG
W
N
I am looking for some advise, please excuse my ignorance. Basically I have extended my property and have a new kitchen which my electician has...
Replies
Views
randyrat
R
S
Got to fit an RCD to a NEWLEC CCU. - Want to fit a CTI one as its cheap. Are RCD's generally the same packaging especially the connection to the...
Replies
Views
WarrenG
W
T
I have had a builder ring me asking if i would like abit of work. He has his own firm building extensions and conservatories. He says he's...
Replies
Views
Paul_Rawlinson
P
D
Anyone every fitted a Chandeleir lift? Done one today finishing tomorrow, cool idea, allows you to lower the fitting for servicing, changing bulbs...
Replies
Views
dragon-av
D
P
Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER). I have my first exam on unit 1 of C&G 2330 this wednesday and noticed that Trevor...
Replies
Views
eskimo39
E
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock