Questions and electrical advice in the Electricians' Talk - Industrial installations can be discussed in this industrial electricians' talk forum. Way better than any ScrewSucks Community Forums. ElectriciansTalk Forum. Wiring, theories and regulations..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrician Jobs

Search the forum,
S
hey up all, had a rescent site visit to a job in leeds regarding fire alarms, he mentioned about possibility of wiring in 4 core fp to these...
Replies
Views
bongo
B
R
Hi guys, Just an ordinary street light, 400w HPS bulb. What will be total consumption? Lamp 400w Electrical disribution(rectifier) 100w...
Replies
Views
Rob1984
R
E
Hi guys, I am needing a new set of VDE drivers after my last 2 sets have worn in just under 6 months (Not sure if I am treating them right) I had...
Replies
Views
S
Hi all, The cable supplying an immersion heater is getting warm when in opperation. In opperation for 2 hours per day. Cable warms up in a few...
Replies
Views
WarrenG
W
P
Hi Hope someone can help me with this problem that I am having at the moment. Sunday morning i woke up to find that all the sockets...
Replies
Views
K
I have a querie, i have recently started my own business after working for someone for 15 years, passed my niceic domestic installer assesment and...
Replies
Views
J
Hi Having just received my EAL domestic installer certificate and a couple of months into C&G 2330 Level 3 I decided to look into re wiring my...
Replies
Views
Spudnik
S
S
Well, after 25 years I'm going back on the tools, and to be honest, I can't wait. :) However I'm looking for some advice. This is my position:-...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all, Need some advise please. I don't know much about figures etc. I have a garage that is about 15ft x 7ft. and i need to run some lights in...
Replies
Views
Markie-D
M
L
I have a job where a customer wants me to test the whole installation but does not want to upgrade it to Dual RCD 17th edition and this board is...
Replies
Views
http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr232/12345aob/newpics031.jpg What do you guys think to this? Gas bonded and earthed to terminal in CU, Water...
Replies
Views
12345aob
D
  • Redirect
Replies
Views
N/A
M
Was wondering how a self employed electrician finds time to go on holiday, what do you do about call outs etc?
Replies
Views
matt456
M
D
Does anyone do the adiabatic equation to check earthing conductor size is okay, as we've just been taught it at college and its very good to know...
Replies
Views
DanBrown
D
Y
Where would be the best place to put an immersion heater switch. Am working on a bungalow, where the cylinder is being repositioned in the loft. I...
Replies
Views
johnnyb
J
A
hi folks any suggestions?. Going to start work in an industrial (which is quite large) unit which will be rented out. it used to be one massive...
Replies
Views
A
K
Hi all, I purchased a Hotpoint oven with a touch panel control with lcd idicators just over two months ago and to date the engineer has replaced...
Replies
Views
KillerWatt
K
M
Do the existing 16mm tails to the cu have to be changed to 25mm if the cu is changed. The tails to the existing cu are protected by a 60A switched...
Replies
Views
uksel
U
R
Hi all, I have a hand blender from the US (I am in the UK) and a 100w voltage converter. If the power rating of the blender is more than 100w (I...
Replies
Views
ronfinch
R
H
Does anyone know what the minimum decibel level should be in a bedroom of a domestic house, 2 smokes,(1 up, 1 down).:confused:
Replies
Views
heathelect
H
D
Hi all, went to look at a job today, the owner wants to convert a house into 2 flats, not done anything like this before. 100 amp fuse, TN C S...
Replies
Views
uksel
U
S
Best way sought to add a oven (13amp plug top) to kitchen Loads of ways - some safer than others! Sould i add a FSU13amp spur off ring...
Replies
Views
salisbury spark
S
P
hi can you give me a bit of advice. I'm changing a cu for a niceic registration job, do i have to test all of the installation as if it was a new...
Replies
Views
uksel
U
G
What's the maximum Zs permitted on a 32 amp type C RCBO? Many thanks
Replies
Views
sparkyork
S
A
Has anyone had any experience with this cable, sounds good but have not seen any plus reckon it 'll be expensive
Replies
Views
aaronstuart
A
S
got 2 flats to do 2moro with 8 storage heaters between them. ive messed with these in the past but other than cleaning the dust out and checking...
Replies
Views
GAZHUDDS
G
P
I'm changing a cu, there is a radial circuit in 2.5 mm2 t/e to a shed, feeding a double socket and a light, the run from the cu is about 9 meters...
Replies
Views
A
Does anyone know of a 1 gang 2 way dimmer switch that will fit into a 15mm metal back box?
Replies
Views
C
B
Hello All, I'm doing an installation in a nightclub soon, and am asking for your opinion on the best way to wire the following. The club has...
Replies
Views
brannaman
B
S
1. To measure loop resistance of small motors rated in KVA, we simply use a multimeter to get required results while for large motors/equipment...
Replies
Views
speedtronic
S
S
1. To measure loop resistance of small motors rated in KVA, we simply use a multimeter to get required results while for large motors/equipment...
Replies
Views
speedtronic
S
B
hi forumites studying C&G 2330 and need to access reading material that has images of , amongst others rear of 3 gang switch 12 different...
Replies
Views
ben1972
B
I need to put 2 emergency light into a communal stairway in a set of flats. Can this be run in PVC T+E or does it have to be fire rated cable?
Replies
Views
WarrenG
W
S
2 way circuit - all works okay When switch off - left with 32vac on circuit causing lamp to flicker.... Unplug lamp get 0v on circuit Plug in...
Replies
Views
L
Credit crunch pah:p All I have been doing lately is going to big fancy homes installing surround sound and multi room speaker systems. Any way I...
Replies
Views
dragon-av
D
D
I have just been asked to fit an additional socket to an existing ring main. The problem i have is the board is the old wylex rewirable fuse...
Replies
Views
johnnyb
J
B
just wondering if anyone knows the formula for calculating csa of meter tails ? would be much appreciated cheers Ben
Replies
Views
electro
E
M
has anyone done this test yet if so what was in the test
Replies
Views
marty1234
M
W
Problem with RCD on transfer Help, advice or maybe the problem is, please! I have a prob with one RCD tripping when on generator supply When on...
Replies
Views
wattsup
W
J
when you use nic website for 1st time to log a part p job, do you not have to give test results for the job?!where is that part on the site?
Replies
Views
sparkyork
S
P
Hi all, newbie here. Have started a city & guilds 2330 course and yesterday thought i would put a little of it into practice. We have a switched...
Replies
Views
pushrod
P
B
Alright, I'm still stumped about a basic electrical concept (No I'm not an electrician nor do I pretend to be, so don't worry! :)) I've always...
Replies
Views
BritElec
B
M
What would cause downlighter bulbs to blow after a few days of being changed? For example, in the kitchen of a house where i'm going to be doing...
Replies
Views
heathelect
H
R
Hi, I am looking for sugestions to comply with 17th ed. when making alterations to circuits (eg lighting) in bathrooms. We now have to have these...
Replies
Views
salisbury spark
S
S
Hi just joined the ranks on this forum. I know this has been said before but how dangerous is it that the are so many ppl doing electrics who dont...
Replies
Views
heathelect
H
R
Hi . I have just changed a standard 60 W bulb in a standard pendant fitting for a new 35 w low energy type bulb . I noticed in the dark that every...
Replies
Views
rich buckets
R
B
I am just in the process of a new re-wire for a family friend in her garage. She has in the house a consumer unit with a 32A MCB with 4mm twin &...
Replies
Views
uksel
U
K
Hi guys, done a test today on a ringmain circuit only 4 sockets but the zs was over the max zs as to bs7671. now this was on a type c rcbo, so...
Replies
Views
smoggy
S
D
Have to convert a tncs system to a tt systm,, knock an earth rod in etc... anyone have any tips on a good install ? dont want to spend an hr...
Replies
Views
smoggy
S
I need to wire two timers to control the one gas burner. One timer is for underfloor heating the other for hot water/rads Problem is if I run...
Replies
Views
jonna
J
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back