• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.
Questions and electrical advice in the American Professional Electrical Advice Forum - American Professional Electrical Forum - USA Electrical Advice. Where professional electricians seek and provide professional electrical advice to fellow electricians in the USA.
WARNING: Only professional electricians are to share their knowledge in this category. DIYers may not be helped..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrical Jobs

The Bar and Grill

Access-only area for American forum users only. The Bar and Grill
Threads
Threads
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z #

I've created this forum category titled American Electrical Advice Forum for those that visit the forum from America and wish to seek electrical...
Answers
Views
We have the access only area, The Bar and Grill, for American users only. https://www.electriciansforums.net/forums/bar/ It's located within the...
Answers
Views
IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking or providing advice to people who are not competent in their field. If you live...
Answers
Views
@Megawatt is the first to get it. Thanks again for being a member here. :) Click on his name at the start of his post to see the tags.
Answers
Views
Backstory: Installing a new ceiling fan in a 45 y.o. house, rewiring to an existing switch. The leg was for a switched outlet, which was wired in...
Answers
Views
I am pretty sure I know the answer to these questions, but because this isn’t my own panel, I wanted to double-check. I am installing a single...
Answers
Views
So I am trying to help a family that was given a 240v electric dryer. They live in an apartment complex and unfortunately cannot modify the walls...
Answers
Views
Hey All! Living here is Sunny SW Florida and loving it. Getting ready to do some kitchen remodeling, which will have us upgrading our electrical...
Answers
Views
I have a question on wiring to make sure I am doing it correctly. I plan on adding a new GFCI/AFCI 20 amp circuit breaker to my box and run the...
Answers
Views
H
Looking for some assistance here as I have received different bids from different electricians. We live in Florida and have a Generator for...
Answers
Views
I am installing a carrier infinity gas furnace and I don't know what size wire and breaker I need for it. Could anybody help me please?
Answers
Views
Hello I have an existing run of rigid metal conduit outside of my house that feeds several outdoor receptacles. There is no separate ground wire...
Answers
Views
Current Oven bulb is Halogen G9 base 12.0V 2.5W, 5W Max per manual; Exact replacement not available. Best match is 120V 25W bulbs. Is it advisable...
Answers
Views
Moved into remote residential site in USA , devestated 3 years ago by tornado that took house, family and all buildings, poles etc. except well...
Answers
Views
I just bought a piece of property and am bringing a 400 amp service, to a service rack in between two RV pads. What I am wondering is the best...
Answers
Views
I am replacing out-of-production CSL LED recessed ceiling lights with Elco EL39727. The CSL light assemblies will be removed leaving the empty NC...
Answers
Views
I have a new combo meter box and 200A main shut off installed outside professionally. It has 4/0 service line coming into it and I have...
Answers
Views
1990s home. 100 amp main feed. Nevada. 15 years mechanical experience on cars + motorcycles. Previous electric exp: I ran the other 50 amp 4-wire...
Answers
Views
I am currently working on a 400 square ft. ADU for a client. He originally designed it for to use propane for hot water and cooking. He ran 1...
Answers
Views
Best Buy just delivered my new Samsung dryer and brought a power cord with a NEMA 10-30P plug. My dryer receptacle is NEMA 10-50R. They claim I...
Answers
Views
I have two main panels each 150amp breaker. House was built in 83 and lived here for 6 years no issues. About 6 months ago we had a power surge...
Answers
Views
I'm going to run a 6/3 cable from my panel into my garage for an evse. My panel is in a utility room next to the garage. I need to cross the...
Answers
Views
Looking for a little help please... running power to workshop. My home has a 200amp service. Neutral and ground are bonded at meter on outside of...
Answers
Views
I live in Florida. I'm a Disabled Vet and I was given a Whirlpool Dryer Model: WED4850BW0 | Serial: M34317283 by a Non-Profit Veterans...
Answers
Views
I'm setting up a pv system with a Trace Xantrex SW5548 inverter power wall. I'm going over the peripheral units (DC disconnect, AC disconnect and...
Answers
Views
New to the forum. Hopefully somebody can give me some advice on finding a very specific meter box for my house. A few weeks ago our house was...
Answers
Views
In a large insulated garage on a farm I wish to wire two 7.5kw electic heaters...
Answers
Views
I have a 4 wire 100 amp service run through 1-1/4" pvc underground to my pool shed. I need to take those wires and some form of conduit through a...
Answers
Views
New here, thanks in advance for any help! My question is- I am building a new house/shop, my main 200 service and panel is on the pole and I...
Answers
Views
Hi folks. I'm asking so that I can do some planning, and then hire a local electrician to do the work. WHAT: This is my first question, ever...
Answers
Views
I need to free up space for a 50 amp breaker by combining 2 20 amp into a single tandom breaker. I can not find any information on this model...
Answers
Views
Hi all, I live in a townhome in Northern Virginia built in the mid 80's. I currently have a 30A double pole breaker feeding 220v to my laundry...
Answers
Views
hello. looking for advice on working on a 3 ph, 3 wire 480 delta that i believe fits the definition of a corner grounded delta. the title of the...
Answers
Views
My wife wants me to add an outlet in a large closet. It would be easy to feed the outlet from a bathroom outlet that is on the other side of the...
Answers
Views
I have a Ge 125 amp 12/24 load center being installed in my pool shed roughly 80 ft away from the main electrical panel on the house. The plan is...
Answers
Views
Am I missing something? I ve been fighting this battle for years. A customer keeps telling me I have to measure resistance to ground in the...
Answers
Views
Hi all, I'm a newb, hope I'm in the right spot. I've done a good deal of basic wiring over the years (lots of home renovations and such) and am...
Answers
Views
I need to install a charger for an electric car, which needs 60 amp breaker. My main panel has a 200amp breaker and services 2 sub panels, both...
Answers
Views
Hi, I got an old electrical box (used for pool equipments). The GFCI switch in it broke. It's made by Leviton but no longer in production. Can...
Answers
Views
Hey there, not totally new to electrical stuff but always stayed away from anything of a higher shock rating! :) So in a nutshell, a mid 90's...
Answers
Views
Hey guys. I appreciate any guidance you can offer. I'm selling my house and it got inspected today, and I have 2 questions if you can help me...
Answers
Views
Hi all, I'm hoping there is something I can do to make this work without having to run 14/3 from switch to switch. I've attached my simple sketch...
Answers
Views
I have the transformer feeding my temporary service. 6-4 SO cord, 50 amp panel. Can someone please provide me with the code reference that stats...
Answers
Views
I recently purchased a steam sterilizer with a PID controller and I'm trying to figure out how to power it safely. The sterilizer requires 240v...
Answers
Views
Post a New Thread / Question