• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.
Questions and electrical advice in the American Professional Electrical Advice Forum - American Professional Electrical Forum - USA Electrical Advice. Where professional electricians seek and provide professional electrical advice to fellow electricians in the USA.
WARNING: Only professional electricians are to share their knowledge in this category. DIYers may not be helped..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrical Jobs

The Bar and Grill

Access-only area for American forum users only. The Bar and Grill
Threads
Threads
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z #

I've created this forum category titled American Electrical Advice Forum for those that visit the forum from America and wish to seek electrical...
Answers
Views
We have the access only area, The Bar and Grill, for American users only. https://www.electriciansforums.net/forums/bar/ It's located within the...
Answers
Views
IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking or providing advice to people who are not competent in their field. If you live...
Answers
Views
@Megawatt is the first to get it. Thanks again for being a member here. :) Click on his name at the start of his post to see the tags.
Answers
Views
I’m running an EV charging system in a garage it’s a 50 amp circuit 6 gauge wire can be Romax or in conduit Romax is cheaper but not an issue...
Answers
Views
Installing a small above ground pool with a 1/2HP 120v pool pump. The house is older and has no grounding system that I can tell. Outlets are...
Answers
Views
I need to run electrical conduit through an existing foundation. here is the catch. The exterior of the foundation is clad in fieldstone and has...
Answers
Views
Ok so live in 89 mobile home ugh I really need lots of work but I'm on disability and I cannot afford electrician but I've been working with all...
Answers
Views
Hello all. First post. DIYer. Know enough to be dangerous (LOL). It seems "standard" blue PVC boxes here in the US are 2.25" wide and depth can...
Answers
Views
Hello everyone, I hope you are doing well. Several years ago I purchased an older 1971 home (aluminum wiring that has since been fixed with al/cu...
Answers
Views
I'm renting a property at the moment and one of my children yanked the cord and pulled it out. Is there a simple way for a novice/DIY'er like...
Answers
Views
Hi All, We've done some electrical in the past. Wired our outdoor kitchen, added an electric heater to our porch, etc. We are pretty new to pool...
Answers
Views
I’m running a feeder from main panel into spa panel that I’ll mount on exterior wall of house , will run through basement ceiling. Im thinking to...
Answers
Views
I have two baseboard heaters (1000w and 1500w), both 240V. They are in different rooms of the house. I want to run them on the same 240V circuit-...
Answers
Views
Hi y'all! I am positively stumped right now. Lemme explain. I am replacing old outlets at my in-laws. Their house, built in 1970, got flooded...
Answers
Views
I was having a dishwasher delivered from Best Buy but they wouldn't install unless I had a dedicated outlet for the new d/w plug. I looked up code...
Answers
Views
Why would neutrals and grounds be separated in a main panel? This is a new build with GFCI breakers for the range and dryer; does that have...
Answers
Views
Renter bought a new dryer because the old one wasn't heating. New dryer did the same. Returned it. I checked the plug, 124ish at the ground and...
Answers
Views
Running #8 to AC condensor. Does the ground wire need to be #8 as well?
Answers
Views
I hope I'm posting to the correct spot. I have a portable generator, Westinghouse WGen7500 (running) that I plug into the side of the house with a...
Answers
Views
I want to power some load in my house (refrigerator, freezer, a few fans, and lights) with my generator. It is large enough for the loads I...
Answers
Views
Running a new circuit to an AC unit, making sure I'm on the right track. The attached chart has the information for this unit which is on column...
Answers
Views
Just bought a 1842 build house in California and wires are fabric insulated and in most junction boxes the input consists of 3 Hot wires and 1...
Answers
Views
I have installed and outdoor enclosure to primarily house outdoor network and IoT devices. I need power for PoE injectors, power supplies, etc...
Answers
Views
Hello everyone! We bought a new construction home in 2018. About a week ago, our cleaning service had an incident where our outlet sparked when...
Answers
Views
Hi all! I'm new to the forum and have a maybe stupid question: One of my circuit breakers is labeled "OFC", what does it usually mean? Thanks!!!
Answers
Views
I currently have a 100 amp service that feeds a 100 amp main panel. That then feeds a 75 amp sub panel in the old shop. Then that 75 amp panel...
Answers
Views
Hello, I need help as the situation seems pretty difficult here. We decided to finish our basement, installed studs next to concrete foundation...
Answers
Views
I have a 115vac line that tests with proper voltage and will power a low watt bulb but will not run a drill etc... Line from main panel to barn...
Answers
Views
New construction in USA. I think that the builder put ceiling fan rated boxes in the ceiling. But when I remove the cover, I see a strange box...
Answers
Views
Hi. I am DIYer who is trying to add a 20 AMP circuit to a residential Challenger SB12(16-24)CN Mod.1 panel. The purpose of the circuit to is...
Answers
Views
The previous owners of our property had non in ground rated electrical hardwired into the basement from an outdoor submerged pond fountain...
Answers
Views
Hi all! I am new to this forum. I will be updating an electrical 20 amp circuit from a home built in the early 80s. Since I am modifying a...
Answers
Views
I'm wanting to add a TV to my patio and curious about the power situation. My question is - there is a ceiling fan mounted in the ceiling, could I...
Answers
Views
Hello! I am in the planning stages of a new dwelling construction. The foundation will be a monolithic cement pad with rebar. Based on my...
Answers
Views
Hi, my wife and I need to replace a single switch dimmer that is not LED compatible. Our local hardware store told her that the Maestro Companion...
Answers
Views
This is the digram that i came up with, i am running mostly 12-2, on 20amp for everything. Except for my electric stove, i was planning 6 gauge...
Answers
Views
I currently have a well water set up. I have an electric water heater (50 gallon / 240v / 30 amp breaker). It is on its way out and I would like...
Answers
Views
I tested a non working outlet with receptacle tester and it said open neutral. Turns out that the neutral wire was loose. BUT, in order to shut...
Answers
Views
Hi My house apparently is wired in an old fashioned way with what I believe is called a shared neutral ??? Dont really know. But my breakers are...
Answers
Views
10/3 120ft. Going to an out building. Black and red On 1 breaker to keep amps up. What is the max breaker for that setup?
Answers
Views
  • Solved
Replacing GE cooktop with newer model, GE PP9830, house supply is 4 wire and two 35amp joined breakers. However, Green and White wires on unit...
Answers
Views
I am planning on running wire about 135 ft (100ft underground) from a panel (20amp breaker) in our garage to my outdoor bar. The bar will house...
Answers
Views
I'm new here and want to learn. I have a project I want to tackle but if it is above my means I will call an electrician. I have a main disconnect...
Answers
Views
Post a New Thread / Question