• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.
Questions and electrical advice in the American Professional Electrical Advice Forum - American Professional Electrical Forum - USA Electrical Advice. Where professional electricians seek and provide professional electrical advice to fellow electricians in the USA.
WARNING: Only professional electricians are to share their knowledge in this category. DIYers may not be helped..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrical Jobs

The Bar and Grill

Access-only area for American forum users only. The Bar and Grill
Threads
Threads
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z #

I've created this forum category titled American Electrical Advice Forum for those that visit the forum from America and wish to seek electrical...
Answers
Views
We have the access only area, The Bar and Grill, for American users only. https://www.electriciansforums.net/forums/bar/ It's located within the...
Answers
Views
IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking or providing advice to people who are not competent in their field. If you live...
Answers
Views
@Megawatt is the first to get it. Thanks again for being a member here. :) Click on his name at the start of his post to see the tags.
Answers
Views
I've lived and worked my entire life in SoCal. Recently we moved to Southern Texas where there is a lot of rain (from a SoCal perspective) and...
Answers
Views
Hi Friends, I bought a house and trying to add lamps to the outside. There are cables wires all around my stucco walls and the end of them just...
Answers
Views
There is a 220 volt electric service line crossing my empty sloped lot going to a neighbor's house. Neither the power company nor my neighbor...
Answers
Views
Hi all. First time poster here. I did find one thread on here that touches upon this topic, but my setup is a bit different. I want to install...
Answers
Views
hello. i need to run power to a cabin that is 350 feet from the service pole in our driveway. the problem is voltage drop. the service pole is 150...
Answers
Views
Can I wire two 30 amp inlets into the same bypass circuit panel? I want to have an inside and outside inlet.
Answers
Views
I am upgrading an old 100A semi flush outdoor overhead panel to 200A solar ready, panel. Was looking at Square D SC2040M200PF, but this appears...
Answers
Views
I recently tore down all the wiring in my grandfather’s garage he wired himself and i’m genuinely surprised it didn’t burn to the ground after 40+...
Answers
Views
We do not have an outlet in the area behind the oven. Our current oven is hard wired. There is an outlet just above the counter near the oven...
Answers
Views
Hello all. I am trying to get 125 amps 3 phase back to a paintball field to power an electric air compressor. I have a 3 phase 120/240v PG and...
Answers
Views
I have three outlets (that I can find) that are showing open neutral. I have 80v across hot and neutral, 120v at hot to ground and 28v neutral to...
Answers
Views
Someone wants me to put a water heater(30 amps), range(40-50 amps) and dryer(30 amps) all on a single 60 amp circuit. I said that's a bad idea...
Answers
Views
I am installing a new electrical system on my cottage. I have built the weatherhead from schedule 80 PVC pipe/conduit. I am coming down into a...
Answers
Views
Hi All, I am new to the forum. I have a small 30 amp sub panel that once powered a green house, some lights and 1 regular 120-v outlet. We...
Answers
Views
I have a light fixture that is intended to be flush mounted to a ceiling box. I would like to hang it from a chain so it is 2 feet down from the...
Answers
Views
I thought that I posted this in the DIY part of the forum but I believe I did not. I am sorry about that. I put in a 10' x 20' metal shed about...
Answers
Views
Can I add a 2 gang meter socket on the other side of the building and to know If the supply line use as distribution for new gang?
Answers
Views
Bought a range from Home Depot. They supplied a 40 amp cord. Electrician was going to use a 50 amp outlet. Here is the oven and cord...
Answers
Views
I'm a DIY'er helping a friend connect a 220v dryer to a 50 amp RV outlet. The dryer has a Nema 10-30R plug and is in a shed about 4 feet from the...
Answers
Views
I don't have much room around my current 200 amp panel and want to upgrade to 400 amp. I'd have an electrician do the work but I am just trying to...
Answers
Views
The electricians who wired my new house (US mainland) used the push-in connections on the back of Leviton budget outlets rather than the screw...
Answers
Views
Hello and Thank You!!! Reason: I am installing a Generator Hookup panel. I am installing a 30Amp breaker to hook up the generator. I want it...
Answers
Views
Newbie to this forum here. I have a question that I need to resolve fairly soon. I have 10/3 from a dual pole 30A breaker using one side of the...
Answers
Views
New fan with light - and remote. Wiring in first pic from manual. Black, brown, blue, white. Second pic - my light fixture pulled down with wires...
Answers
Views
I'm installing a towel warmer and I thought I would include an outlet on the same cable because the towel warmer needs a junction box anyway. Can...
Answers
Views
Brian, DIY but 30-year commercial/industrial master HVAC tech. I have installed an emergency whole-house breaker switch next to my service...
Answers
Views
Good evening, I replaced three old single pole switches with Kasa smart dimmers with no problem. But I encountered problems with the switch below...
Answers
Views
Thanks for any help in advance. I have an external outlet box installed on brick. I'm trying to figure out the best way to run a 2 gang box...
Answers
Views
I have a Single Phase Power box for a townhouse. When I read voltage across the Hot legs (A) and (B) to ground I get 123 volts with the main...
Answers
Views
40 year old square D QF1TF long span top fed. I turned off 30 amp double pole to water heater and still had a closed circuit, then turned off the...
Answers
Views
I’m designing a light fixture for underwater lights and everything was going great until I checked for any current leakage. All I have is a...
Answers
Views
I am getting a new front-load Maytag washer. I have a regular old refrigerator. Can I plug them into the same double outlet? What should the...
Answers
Views
I am building a duplex. The service enters the house through the wall of one of the units, where the main panels for both units are located. Then...
Answers
Views
I am connecting a manual transfer switch to a subpanel. In order to minimize drywall work, I am mounting the transfer switch to the surface of the...
Answers
Views
we are replacing 2 ceiling fans. I wired the first one in and for a dual switch hook up they have the standard white to white black to black and...
Answers
Views
Hi!! I'm trying to complete a one line diagram to appease my electric company (AEP Texas). AEP is telling me: " 1) Please note that the AC...
Answers
Views
I used 1 inch emt conduit in the garage for 50 amp circuit for ev charger. I plan to use 4AWG wire. Please let me know which wire is est for...
Answers
Views
can I use 4/0 use 2 3 strand cable in 2 1/2 " conduit 160' to power 200 amp panel then power modular home 50' from garage in vermont do I need a...
Answers
Views
Post a New Thread / Question

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.