Questions and electrical advice in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Discussions on all electrical regulations in the UK. Including Part P, BS 7671, DPC BS7671:2008, BS 7671:2001 & 2004 Amendment No.2, IEE wiring regulations, 16th Edition and 17th Edition and 18th Edition.

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrical Jobs

R
Hello, my first post. Older houses seem to suffer from a lack of sockets when modern life demands more and more, usually for low power items. Is...
Replies
Views
Can anyone give us some regs on the following. We recently re-wired a supply to an existing DB. The DB was supplying some 3 Phase condensor...
Replies
Views
P
Got called to do a job today for a Landlord friend of mine to replace a Light pull cord fitting in "a room containing a bath or shower" Look like...
Replies
Views
For an commercial vehicle lift /ramp would a motor rated MCB be required, as it is not a continuous load although quite a high torgue but low...
Replies
Views
M
Guys, I will again point out that I am not an electrician but an electronics engineer, so please be patient with me. I recently chatted to a...
Replies
Views
Knobhead
K
C
I need to connect a 3 phase inverter for a 10kW PV system through its own 3 phase breaker to the incoming supply. There are no spare fuseways in...
Replies
Views
Chris Hicks
C
K
The DNO (UK Power Networks) has specified that the duct that will carry the DNO supply to a new SFH has to terminate into a 1-hour fire-rated...
Replies
Views
knxhome
K
M
Guys just been doing some reading and have raised a question that I am not sure about. I guess you all put your Bs951 clams on the water, oil and...
Replies
Views
A
Started A job today, concrete ceilings, and was thinking of ways to get the cables from switch to pendant, and thought of chasing the plaster and...
Replies
Views
Engineer54
E
M
Hi Gents and ladies, I have been asked to quote on installing a couple of extra socket on a TT system. When checking the existing installation...
Replies
Views
Guest 004
G
Hi! all. I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but I'm sure that some nice person will direct me to the right place if it's not. I'm...
Replies
Views
Silly Sausage
S
H
Are there any regs preventing the connection of a single socket to power a gas hob ignition circuit with a 3 amp fused plug to a cooker outlet...
Replies
Views
C
Hi - first post. I am going to carry out a sub main installation from a main CU in the house, to a garage, (15m from main CU to garage sub...
Replies
Views
wersolaruk
W
Hi guys,, Brand new here so easy going ok! Something is baffling me and i cannot for the light of me figure it out even after study of GN3...
Replies
Views
Just read a thread on the DIY section Re Range cooker wiring. Because he got the answers he wanted he said he would possible do the work himself...
Replies
Views
Knobhead
K
Hello All, as a struggling beginner it is very difficult to get everything that is needed becuase of limited funds, a pridicament which i am sure...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, any tipson squeezing back the chassis and switches on a 8 gang grid box? All 2.5 cables and it's a nightmare I'm just waiting for a cable...
Replies
Views
Octopus
O
I've been looking over the table in GN3 for the resistance of copper conductors per meter and there is something causing a form of OCD to manifest...
Replies
Views
Y
I am a mechanical engineer and has come across a rising main in a house which had been cut and joined using a crimped barrel connector. Common...
2 3
Replies
Views
zenfast
Z
F
Hi All, Having done my model for Amtech LV. I have noted that when Descriminating between two breakers the Pscc is taken at the load end of the...
Replies
Views
fzn10
F
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock