Questions and electrical advice in the UK Electrical Forum - UK Electricians Forums > Electrical Forum for UK Electrical Rules, Regulations and UK Laws. Electrical Theories, Wiring Diagrams and More. DIY and Professional Electricians are Welcome..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrical Jobs

O
Today I got a call from a lady today, asking me if I could come and provide a price to move a socket. So I duely turned up at the prearranged...
Replies
Views
Spark1979
S
C
no plug on end which wire is which for uk plug? Cheers :)
Replies
Views
Plonker 3
P
Afternoon all... I have a Kewtek r2 plug top tester. Have been trying for a while now to get hold of a short little lead so I can bridge out any...
Replies
Views
oldtimer
O
So on one bedroom light in a clients home, Switch off at the pendant L-> N = 30Volts, L->E = 108-110Volts, N->E=244Volts Checked the main...
Replies
Views
sedgy34
S
W
Apart from starting with a working 2' T18 batten fitting and substituting the tubes and the starters are there any other ways to test these...
Replies
Views
A
Can there be a combination of meters inside and outside the building. For example I have flats above a shop the, shop has its meters on the...
Replies
Views
If you wire a ballast incorrectly , would it damage it? I got a 2x 42w ballast today and the numbers are different on this one. What does...
Replies
Views
F
i have a back boiler with a 2 port zone valve, pump, cyliner stat and 7 day digital programmer. the problem is when the boiler is on it...
Replies
Views
Anyone read the reply about junction boxes and what is and isnt classed as an accessable areas in the Q&A Section. What were all ur thoughts that...
Replies
Views
Greetings to all, first post though been viewing the forum for a while. By way of introduction, I am a domestic customer and not an electrician in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 26818
D
M
Hi there all, just purchased brand new megger 1720, the problem is when i carry out a loop test, the meter is supposed to auto test for you, but...
Replies
Views
It may be completely stupid but I've been wondering about this one for a while... Short of coming back at night, how do I get Ze or do the RCD...
Replies
Views
Shaun1987
S
I
For disconection times we have to hit 0.4 for up to 230v U0. 0.2 for 400-1000U0. I always took this to mean what it says. both single and 3...
Replies
Views
MarkieSparkie
M
A
Hi i keep getting confused when trying to work out voltage drop please can some one point me in the right direction. 63amp boiler supply 25 meter...
Replies
Views
C
Evening all, I have just had a change an in-line duct fan after a week as the circuit board seems to have failed. I can only assume the motor...
Replies
Views
chronyx
C
M
Whats better and why, just bought a brand new megger with out a date firmware on, joke realy not impressed, thinkin of swappin while i can, any...
Replies
Views
Swicade
S
S
I'm thinking of setting up a PAT Testing business and I was wondering if i need the city and guilds PAT Testing qualification, as I'm near the end...
Replies
Views
E
L
Do I need to finish electrical intallation level2 and then level3 or it is enough only level3, if I want to get JIB electrician grade. The collage...
Replies
Views
hi, i run across those things once on a big building site. havent got idea how they are called, cant find it either electrifix, toolstation or...
Replies
Views
D
Hi.Today during my job at a police station, took cover off brand new KQ 3 phase SquareD db (recent db change by different firm) to connect my new...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock