Questions and electrical advice in the UK Electrical Forum - UK Electricians Forums > Electrical Forum for UK Electrical Rules, Regulations and UK Laws. Electrical Theories, Wiring Diagrams and More. DIY and Professional Electricians are Welcome..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrical Jobs

E
Hello there everyone, So I'm looking to get an estate car as I have a wife and little daughter and can't afford a van AND a car and even those...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
J
I haven't seen this job yet (going in morning) but apparently the customer's builder has found that the majority of cables for upstairs circuits...
Replies
Views
S
Ok so firstly I am not a DIY'er but would like to get some info in regards to the following project. I have a new house (2009) so the main board...
Replies
Views
S
Hi all, took s load of sockets off on a job and plasterers have been in to take the plaster board off , builder rang me and he says its arching...
Replies
Views
Swicade
S
G
..........on the electricians forum. Lots of "lively" discussions over on the wiring theories & regulations section lol. I think we should just...
Replies
Views
L
Hey guys.. Trying get a bit of sound advice from some of the qualified long term sparks out there on mates rates.. Being a builder turned spark...
Replies
Views
B
Does anyone have a link to either a blank or editable domestic visual inspection report? Woukd be greatly appreciated P.s. I know they are not...
Replies
Views
As the title suggests, would you class this as a permanent or temporary structure? Quick overview. End of terraced property, UPVC roof fitted...
Replies
Views
B
What is the standard length of the heating element within an immersion tank? Need to replace one tomorrow and would like to know if they are...
Replies
Views
Swicade
S
B
Hi, I'm relatively new to this forum and have not long since qualified. As one of my first job, I recently installed a new CU to feed a large...
Replies
Views
ayjay
A
T
would you get a lethal shock fi you touched this part on a powerline and what does it do. im just curious thats all.
Replies
Views
I need to move a board and provide the supply is there 25mm cable not tails/singles or SWA, like SWA with the PVC and armour removed can we still...
Replies
Views
Knobhead
K
R
Hi everyone. I'm new to this site. I'm am looking to become a electrician, and have been trying to figure out which rout is best. I know that this...
Replies
Views
c.baker
C
S
Hi Gents. What a lovely day - 27c in my living room!! Will need the fan tonight. When ZE testing do you take the main earth out from the CU or...
Replies
Views
amberleaf
A
L
Not sure if anything has been posted the subject! I heard from a mate who had just recently bought the BGB and he has found that it may be a...
Replies
Views
linetech
L
O
Being a tad lazy but have just looked at a 4 way board change. Seems a bit silly to install a 3 + 4 way dual RCD board and I don't like the...
Replies
Views
T
i was looking into buying a extention reel for measuring and came across a kewtech gadget that uses any household extention lead was thinking...
2 3
Replies
Views
AP Electrical
A
I have a fairly elderly MEM 8 way board with a 100A 30mA RCD main switch which takes out the whole board when it trips. About a month ago I put in...
Replies
Views
W
do these exist? i am looking for a testing machine that can be operated both manually (1-2 button presses for speed testing) and also can set...
Replies
Views
S
Changing a consumer unit at a flat but have a few questions regarding earthing etc. supply is from 16mm T&E fed from the incoming supply cupboard...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock