Discuss Advice on Wiring DIY Camper, Curious on Wire Guage Needed in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
To start, I am an extreme novice to electrical and trying my best to learn. If I am posting this in the wrong place (looking for novice advice), please let me know where to go.

I have not bought anything and am very open to counter-recommendations if you have them. I was thinking of using 12 or 10 gauge for everything and something lighter for stereo to speakers (16?) I will have a 12 v battery, powered by a single solar panel. I plan on the battery going to a small circuit, which will then each get fed to the main cabin of the camper where one goes through a switch, and others directly to cigarette lighters/usb chargers, small led lights/light strips, a fan-tastic vent fan, and a stereo system like this. If this does not sound sustainable or reliable for a 1-2 week camping trip a couple of times a year, please let me know.

But the main question is am I crazy with my thinking of guages?-- What gauge wiring do you think should run from:

1. battery to the circuit?
  2. circuit to each system?
  3. to stereo vs to the speakers from the stereo?

If you have any tools or connector kit advice, etc, I am all ears!

Thanks for the help-

Reply to Advice on Wiring DIY Camper, Curious on Wire Guage Needed in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Everyone, New to the forum but hoping I can find a little help with my restoration project... I am adding a secondary wiring "system" to my...
Replies
Views
Hello Community, This is Filippo, from Italy, digital nomad, and Lin, from China, traditional medicine practitioner. After many adventures with...
Replies
Views
Once again I am using the Engineering chat as I think my question is more theoretical rather than 'diy advice'. If I am misusing the forum...
Replies
Views
Hello all, First of all I apologise if this is in the wrong forum, I figured the general forum may be the best bet :) Thank you for taking...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon All, So I have a new situation to me that I cannot seem to get a definitive answer for. I trained as an electrician and did...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock