Questions and electrical advice in the Electricians' Talk - Industrial installations can be discussed in this industrial electricians' talk forum. Way better than any ScrewSucks Community Forums. ElectriciansTalk Forum. Wiring, theories and regulations..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrician Jobs

A
I am replacing an existing standalone cooker, that connects on a cooker radial circuit via a cooker connection unit behind the cooker, and is...
Replies
Views
Shakey
S
E
Big thumbs up to dragon-av. Thanks for the tips & link for kit. All in & working & one very happy customer. Cheers mate. :)
Replies
Views
EasyFox
E
J
New to this site, just got a bit of a problem that i need a little help with. 100 amp 300 ma time delayed RCD feeding DB with 100 amp 30 ma...
Replies
Views
jamesie
J
I WIRED SMOKE ALARMS AND HEAT DETECTORS FROM THE LOCAL LIGHTING CIRCUIT FOR A SHARED OCCUPANCY FLAT. i COMPLETED A MINOR WORKS CERTIFICATE HOWEVER...
Replies
Views
lukese
L
U
Hello everyone, I wonder if anyone can help me? My name is Megan, I am 26, I am a British citizen and moved to the USA a few years ago and...
Replies
Views
Jumbonipondon_squilobidon
J
J
The 110V CTE is safer than 230V as you will only get a 55V belt. I believe you have to view the human body as a fixed resistor and apply Ohms law...
Replies
Views
Jumbonipondon_squilobidon
J
D
2 core or 3 core SWA??? For exterior lights? HI chaps for garden lighting is in acceptable to use 2 core SWA? or should you use 3 core and earth...
Replies
Views
Cirrus
C
W
what would or wouldnt happen if you put a board on a tn-c-s pme system instead of an incoming mains switch? forgive me for sounding thick but im...
Replies
Views
Shakey
S
B
hi ladies and gents. were gettin some pretty major electrics done at the moment and i was having a look at the lighting circuits the electricians...
Replies
Views
wayne
W
J
Anybody no of a good place to get my multi tester calibrated as i used CEF last year and it took them 5 weeks to get it back to me which is no...
Replies
Views
PAUL M
P
M
Hi guys have asked this question before but not a great response. do they use S W A in other countries like here ? know we got a kiwi in here do...
Replies
Views
PAUL M
P
D
Today, 01:14 PM #1 (permalink) dylankayaroberts vbmenu_register("postmenu_7411", true); Junior Member Join Date: May 2008 Posts: 2 Home...
Replies
Views
dylankayaroberts
D
W
I am positive that hundreds of you can help me to understand better... I would like to take a Part P course (EAL Domestic Installation) 5 days...
Replies
Views
W
D
Hi, I have a garage in a block just outside my back gate. I wish to supply power to it but am concerned with the regulations regarding cabling...
Replies
Views
Cirrus
C
T
A neighbor has asked me if i can test his caravan that has been stood over the winter. As i've never been ask to test a caravan before i was...
Replies
Views
M
C
hi all , fitted new consumer unit and blew meter fuse now in darkness anyone any ideas why?
Replies
Views
M
2330 202 sample questions 2 Sorry no answers yet will follow :D
Replies
Views
M
D
Brought two blue led spotlights for inside an car interior that fit inside the cigeratte lighter but the girlfriend hates them so want to power...
Replies
Views
M
S
hi sparks! was looking for some sound advice for someone in the know. been a electrician for seven years with the same company i done my...
Replies
Views
smeek23
S
G
I have 3 wall lights that are connected to a double light switch (the 2nd switch is for the light on the ceiling). I want to remove the wall...
Replies
Views
G
M
on a new installation, do you have to channel the wall out before running cables down or can you just nail the cables to the wall (with...
Replies
Views
O
Evening To You All, Can Anyone Tell Me If Its A No,no To Run 6mm Earth From Ring Main To Use As A Feed For , Supplementary In The Bathroom For...
Replies
Views
MacSparky
M
Hi All, Anyone have any ideas or tricks on getting caping nails into old brick walls?:o
Replies
Views
B
hey lads i need to purchase a mounting bracket for a dimmer plate, customer only has a 25mm metal box and the dam thing wont go in. its all...
Replies
Views
Grae79
G
O
Good Day, Grid Switches In Kitchens, Went To Look At A Small Kitchen Today Grid/had 3 * 20a D/pole Switches (frige/wash-m/gas Hob Polit Light)...
Replies
Views
O
D
Hi All,Just a question regarding domestic stuff.Can I legally re-wire my house if I complete a EAL Domestic Installers course or do I still have...
Replies
Views
Shakey
S
F
I'm doing a repair job for a friend whose kitchen spotlights aren't working. The wiring is poor and the light switch has five seperate cables...
Replies
Views
adamh
A
C
Hi all, i am an ex-spark living in thailand and i would like some help or direction please. I have been asked to install a 3 phase...
Replies
Views
wonkey donkey
W
C
Hi First of all i would like to openly admit to you all that i am no electrician . This is my problem :- I was installing a new ring into...
Replies
Views
Grae79
G
P
Hi, first post so be gentle ..... I have been asked to wire some additional sockets to a house wired I guess mid 70's, what I'm not sure about is...
Replies
Views
wayne
W
2330 202 sample questions 1 but not the answers i will do them at a later date :D see attch
Replies
Views
B
hi guys need a bit of help on the following things please a new extension on the side of my house, the upstairs consist of bathroom onsuite...
Replies
Views
wayne
W
E
Somebody here said they have dealings with AV equipment & I cant remember who? :o I have a customer who wants me to move all the AV kit into a...
Replies
Views
dragon-av
D
N
hello to everybody im new to this site i have a problem with the shower its mira 8.7kw when i switch it on the main tripped out i checked and...
Replies
Views
Grae79
G
M
Hi Guys Thinking of opening up a Stand n Tan shop just outside newcastle(NE). Been and looked at the premises and its got a 40A meter installed...
Replies
Views
mgibson212
M
C
Hello all, First post here! I need some help with this one. What's the difference between a thyristor and a diode? They both conduct in one...
Replies
Views
C
C
I have Sky+ and my daughter wants to have Sky in her room. I have a second digibox and cable so will connect straight to the LNB. Does anyone know...
Replies
Views
Shakey
S
D
Hi Guys, Does anyone know of a product out there that can monitor current. I am after something that can monitor over and under-current on the...
Replies
Views
wayne
W
S
Y'know the hanging hole at the top of a screwdriver, try sticking some blue tack in there for when youve to get a screw in somewhere awkward pull...
Replies
Views
bigal
B
C
Well, am down to my last 2 exams in the next 3 weeks and realised my formulae book has gone 'walkabouts'. I don't have time to sit down and trawl...
Replies
Views
Cirrus
C
E
Hi guys, I've some questions to know.Normally,I spotted Electrical design in Main Switch Board was installed with IDMT/Overcurrent to the...
Replies
Views
elmie
E
L
hi. need a template for a test sheet, need to fill one out as a dummy for some people i know to tell them what should be going where and so...
Replies
Views
Cirrus
C
C
Hi Rewired a house recently.All tested out ok,the customer said that sometimes when she switches the light off upstairs it flickers.I too found...
Replies
Views
C
R
my dad wants me to install 3 glass bulb 230v lights around his garden but i've never fitted outside lighting before and i'm not sure of how to go...
Replies
Views
The Electrical Connection
T
S
Hi everyone, i've got this problem. 4 downlights 12v on 1 switch. 2 of them only, go out and come back on every now and again. I thought it was...
Replies
Views
The Electrical Connection
T
B
now then i need to install 2 500w pir floodlights i know that using twin & earth is a big no no so i need a bit of advice basically the cable...
Replies
Views
bahco
B
V
Hi all, I am not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I hope it is...:confused: I have a flatscrren samsung tv and ever since I moved...
Replies
Views
Vonny06
V
J
Hi, this is my first post. I have just had 2 bathrooms renovated with lots of new lighting which is on the same 5 amp mcb as the adjacent 2...
Replies
Views
Jim Newman
J
A
Hi guys newbie hear so go easy with me, we have an employee who who took on to do another job but we have now seen that he has has a bookful of...
Replies
Views
A
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock