Questions and electrical advice in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum - All questions relating to Photovoltaic & Solar Panels in this forum, including feed-in tariffs, inverters, panels, calculations, schematics, installation, maintenance & fault finding. Solar panels forum. Solar forum. Solar talk. A photovoltaic system, also solar PV power system, or PV system, is a power system designed to supply usable solar power by means of photovoltaics..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrician Jobs

Search the forum,
S
Hi. The PV array I'm considering will be fitted to our recently-built garage roof. It has real slate (Spanish, I think), 600mmx300mm (I think - I...
Replies
Views
solarcat
S
W
Hi Would anyone be able to quickly run this through PVSol for me please? Panel: Sharp NU-R250(J5) Quantity: 8 Azimuth: 45 deg Roof pitch: 40...
Replies
Views
J
I am looking to have a 4kW system installed in two row. Top row should be completely shade free, bottom row is split five and three panels with a...
Replies
Views
S
We are looking at buying in a process management system such as Paperclip. Do any of you out there use this or an alternative and what are your...
Replies
Views
Stephen
S
Okay, this may knock a few chins off but I'm going to say it anyway..... The idea that a firm can become MCS registered and then sub-contract an...
Replies
Views
sbrown2
S
T
Doing our first job next week on my own house for our MCS visit. Its a Rosemary tile roof. To complicate things we are installing the panels in...
Replies
Views
S
Have you seen the EST survey? They are proposing an Enhanced MCS scheme - cos I've not got anything better to do with the half hour a week I have...
Replies
Views
R
I've just bought PVSOL and stumbled across this site .......... some very interesting topics and discussions and great to see you guys helping...
Replies
Views
S
hello, I am just trying to get some information on what courses would be ideal for me to study. I have had a look and the C&G 2399 seems to pop...
Replies
Views
scotinho
S
R
Hello, With regards to the outer sheathing colour, are they now to become Grey and Brown as standard? Please advise
Replies
Views
Redarmyloz
R
S
Can anyone advise cost difference in mounting on a sloping site with a ground mount against cost of mounting on a roof, obviously the conditions...
Replies
Views
supersports
S
S
Can someone tell me how it is possible to install :- 3.99kWp panels with a sunny boy 4000TL under G83 please? Surely this is a G59 install isn't...
Replies
Views
pcollins
P
Hi, I have small 12 volts solar panel and few small 12v 5amp rechargeable batteries. Also i have one solar charge controller regulator solar...
Replies
Views
H
Narrowed panel choice down to Suntech STP245S Suntech 250 Black Pearl available mid Oct Samsung LPC247SM 16 panel 4kw system, useing an...
Replies
Views
hp4020
H
S
I have a customer who wants a PV system (50kW) to be installed before April next year to achieve highest feed-in tariff. The building upon which...
Replies
Views
D
Do any of you do installation only as I have bought a solar edge 3500 and 16 sanyo 250s and 16 power optimizers I obviously need scaffold cableing...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, Being a novice, I was wondering if anyone could advise me whether it is worth having the free solar panels fitted. The company would own my...
Replies
Views
somerset-sparky
S
N
Virginia from real was on the radio 4 "you and yours" programme earlier today. Thought I would post it for those interested Link is: BBC iPlayer...
Replies
Views
northernsun
N
I know this subject has been discussed many times on this forum but I thought I'd bring it up again seeing as I've got four jobs to do next week...
Replies
Views
beefheart
B
S
We have won a job installing a split system with three Suntech 250's at -10 degrees from due south and another three at +80 degrees from due...
Replies
Views
S
I've been asked to quote against a national who advertise heavily on the web. Question: Have I lost the plot or is their SAP rating wrong? 4kwp...
Replies
Views
series530
S
R
Today I rescued another customer from the clutches of an overcharging, smooth talking, pressure sales bunch of *astards... £13,000 for a 2.3kWp...
Replies
Views
steve Leese
S
P
Hi all went to see a customer to quote. He says that he has a little project abroad wants solar farm for running hotel complex of 52 ensuites and...
Replies
Views
Ramjam
R
J
Is anyone out there fitting their own scaffold, or knows of a system that can be self errected and comply with all H and S issues. It seems to me...
Replies
Views
Ramjam
R
R
I've been quoted for 2 Sanyon systems; A) 14 x HIT-H250 E01 panels Power-One PVU-3600 B) 14 x N245 SE01 panels Kaco Powerdor 4202 Inverter When...
Replies
Views
L
its amazing how many people are happy to fit solar panels to 'save' money and be greener and yet they continue to use halogen spots instead of...
Replies
Views
Lovelightbulbs
L
This is my first post so please be gentle - Nice forum most comments seem helpful and positive. If anyone would like to comment on the idea of...
Replies
Views
D
Hello, My mate is on the road to starting a business offering the paperwork / admin and inspection side of solar panel installation to installers...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, Recently installed a system with 2 SMA inverters. I've connected the piggyback to one of the inverters and switched the rotary switch to the...
Replies
Views
F
Hi people, I am an approved niceic contractor mainly doing commercial/industrial work with the odd domestic. I am thinking of doing the...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I've been following the threads about pricing and predictions of the solar world after Apr 2012 with interest. Down here in the SE there...
Replies
Views
jerriais
J
S
Hi, guys does anyone know where to bond the array too? using the SMA 3000hf inverter I have never used these before so I am a bit unsure. I was...
Replies
Views
pvguru
P
B
Hi Guys, Had a PV system installed last week, 16 x 250w Sanyo panels wired as 2 strings of 8 on the roof - then connected in parallel in the loft...
Replies
Views
N
A client wants Aleo Panels - only found one UK provider (PV Shop) in the UK. Any others? Any feedback on them? I'm sure they're absolutely...
Replies
Views
G
i have 5 hj 260w mono panels and a omnik 1.5kw inverter i have some other spares as well. looking for £1500 ono if interested please contact me...
Replies
Views
T
Has anyone got a couple of pictures of ground mounts they have done? We are going for a 3.99Kwp ground mounted array (2 rows of 10) and need some...
Replies
Views
TJLinks
T
I am a qualified PV installer with PV installation experience. I am looking to start my own PV company, so need to do an installation for mcs...
Replies
Views
Noddy67
N
T
Have had two quotes for two 4Kw systems to be fitted in field to supply two property's your thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated. First...
Replies
Views
tjn300
T
P
Hi, Has anyone had any experience connecting PV onto a split phase supply? Should I be balancing single phase inverters to supply each phase? 3...
Replies
Views
S
Just been asked to quote for these - anyone heard of them, know where to get them or who installs them????
Replies
Views
C
Hi, installing some sharp panels in a few days in a configuration whereby they will all be in a horizontal line and in landscape format. i was...
Replies
Views
G
Hi all, I'm looking at a job where the customer would like to use Micro Inverters on a particular string, due to shading issues. However, we want...
Replies
Views
I have just been offered employment with a company (AVC Group) for a position of Solar Panel Engineer/Installer. First of all, does anybody know...
Replies
Views
Knobhead
K
M
We passed our Mcs this week:) and have a 10KW ground mount in the pipeline. But it is in an AONB and therefore needs planning permission, its in...
Replies
Views
T
K
An ex farm that i visited today would like to install a 3.6kw system feeding into a single phase which is currently supplying an outbuilding. The...
Replies
Views
Has anybody had to use the SMA grid code unlock system? Looking at the SB4000TL once the code has been entered say via sunny explorer, is it...
Replies
Views
R
Hi guys, new to this solar lark but am trying to get quotaions for design, supply and install for a 49.8kW solar array for our office. Very early...
Replies
Views
Reninjapan
R
R
Hi , I'm in talks with one of the largest distributors of solar in the UK and will be starting a franchise in North London in the new year and I'm...
Replies
Views
lee foster
L
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back