Questions and electrical advice in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - This Section is STRICTLY for testing PROBLEMS which members have occured, misunderstood readings, Periodic Inspection Reporting / Electrical Installation Condition Reports, Mathematical Equations/Solutions, Part P and other legislation which require you to Inspect and Test..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrician Jobs

Search for tools and product advice,
M
Hi What page in the regs do i find capacity ka for the tests sheets for part p. does anyone have an old nic part p test paper The ECA ARE...
Replies
Views
Mark2009
M
P
Hi Guys need your advise on certifying when doing an installation on on a conservatory ie put a rcd protected fcu in and existing...
Replies
Views
P
G
I was called out to a house which the board had melted, due the fact a 7.9kw , 10.5kw and a ring in the garage was all ran from a 32amp ohh and...
Replies
Views
ezzzekiel
E
Y
Hi all, having a numb moment - for TT systems what do you write down as the method of protection on the EIC- RCD or ADS? Thanks.
Replies
Views
Deleted member 9648
D
O
Guys What is the Ka rating of a Wylex NB Type 2 circuit breaker ? Is it the sam as the new ones ie 6000 Also forgot to ask I am doing a PIR on...
Replies
Views
oldtimer
O
Done a pir found all spots in lounge and dining room are not enclosed can type and have no fire hood etc, they are covered by thermal insulation...
Replies
Views
nickblake
N
B
Just did my 2391 practical .When testing Ze got an extremely high reading C&g say i cannot use thr e meter properly but when i test on domestic...
Replies
Views
mogga
M
S
Hi everybody, Ok, here is the picture. Main house is TN-S Ze is 0.25 ohms There is a 16mm swa fed from a 60a isolator, which in turn is fed...
Replies
Views
brucegenerator
B
Hi every one I have a robin 1620 multifunction meter and i am commencing my 2391 in march.My meter does not have a D,lock so when doing earth...
Replies
Views
gerry jones
G
B
following a live zs test on a socket circuit. when i pres the test button it trips the rcd and not the breaker. there is continuity and ir for all...
Replies
Views
billy110
B
Customer having extension and all electrics done by their sparky. But I'm booked in to do kitchen appliance electrics with kitchen company I do...
Replies
Views
A
I don't really know anything about PAT testing but our in-house PAT tester has tested 4 PCs and failed all of them as he said startup was drawing...
Replies
Views
Adam W
A
B
i have recently purchased i kt64 and have been using it for 1 week with no problems doing domestic pirs. this morning i came to use the machine...
Replies
Views
wallyanker
W
C
Just wanted to see if I'm being a bit too 'picky' but I've come across a few installations recently which have a 32A mcb for a radial circuit...
Replies
Views
keith915
K
E
Gents, Quick question just to clarify. When fillinging out Minor Works Cert. Part 3 Essential tests 3. Earth fault Loop Impedance Is that...
Replies
Views
Hi I'd appreciate some help with a Pir that I've been asked to do on 6 flats converted in September 2008. I have been in one to sort out a...
Replies
Views
S
Hi Gents Using a Megger 1553 tester how do you test for insulation resistance in lets say a ring main? Also what readings should be attained...
Replies
Views
mogga
M
D
Hi i am after some help please, i am looking at a fluke schedule of inspection and circuit details/ test results, and in the box called system...
Replies
Views
dogwind
D
D
Advice needed on this please, testing a property today and came across a problem with ring main. End to end readings of conductors showing no...
Replies
Views
nickblake
N
Having spent the evening browsing through the various forums and reading lots of very useful information, one thread has brought up a question. In...
Replies
Views
C
I was testing some old oil dashpot overload relays on a ventilation panel. (It was a Cutler-Hammer 1006G oil dashpot). The dashpot plunger was...
Replies
Views
calvint
C
J
Just an enquiry Does a mobile dist board need a Periodic? Hello there , Hope someone can help? I recently PAT tested A mobile exhibitions...
Replies
Views
C
At an installation today with three core 3 phase cable comimg in and the armour went into a connector providing the neutral (old photos were...
Replies
Views
cambria
C
B
A BS1361 fuse is to be used to provide overcurrent and fault protection for a new circuit. State the effect on the operation of the fuse when the...
Replies
Views
GStueyXR
G
F
hi chaps been asked to carry out testing on a cu on an office floor and called in for a quick look whilst in the area today and noticed all the...
Replies
Views
E
How do you guys test you meters for accuracy and keep detailed logs Cheers ty
Replies
Views
m4tty
M
R
Apparently all new certificates are coming in in September this year.A lot more information will be required and the EIC one is now up to 10...
Replies
Views
confused-fuse
C
I have just changed a mini d/board in a garage (db2) and have installed an earth rod as the supply at origin(db1) is tnc-s and there is awater...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 9648
D
B
testing on the 2391 insulation resistance test rig for three phase isolate cb supplying s/p board Check meter, test DB is not live...
Replies
Views
B
hi there, carrying out a live zs reading today on the lighting circuits. power was on but couldnt pick up a reading at the switch so i tried to...
Replies
Views
fixit4u
F
B
when doing the insulation resistance test on the three phase board do you isolate the single pase board before doing the test or leave it switced...
Replies
Views
I
At Last Today I finished a periodic on a factory that had 36 3ph dist boards, and there was found to be over 100 recommendations... Phew !!!
Replies
Views
D
B
can any body give me the reason why when testing pfc and pefc at a three phas DB why do you have to test all phases to neutral then all phases to...
Replies
Views
D
any body done them... guy gave me a quick look at one.. got a PMS change over module when you connect to mains power from battery got a...
Replies
Views
Graeme Harrold
G
Hi all, Got my approved test tom its a scotttish thing!! Quick ? one of the socket circuits in the industrial test has an rcd socket on it. Am...
Replies
Views
markysparky
M
Now then, for a single phase circuit, using a 3 core SWA having brown black and grey conductors... I always think that you should sleeve the black...
Replies
Views
M
hi guys i have asked a similar question last week regarding identifying tns or tnc-s systems if not clearly visible .i have 2392 and hopefully...
Replies
Views
A
B
when doing the Ze test on the single phase board how do avoid the parrallel paths via the three phase board
Replies
Views
GStueyXR
G
F
any advice please,i am currently testing a building where a 13a socket gave a reading well above the other sockets in the same room,when i turned...
Replies
Views
With a 2 way CU that is fed from a 32 amp MCB, when it comes to filling in an EIC, in the 'Charactaristics of Primary Supply Overcurrent...
Replies
Views
robsparky1975
R
B
3 operational factors which must be considered when carrying out a PIR is it the correct operation of all assemblies including switchgear...
Replies
Views
brucegenerator
B
T
Hello fellows, Just wanted to get your thoughts on this... I'm working on a property with a TT supply in the hills, I have tested the Ze at...
Replies
Views
fulla
F
hi to all, a question for 2391 if zs to high three things you can do which should i put down if asked in written exam 1. shorten length of cable...
Replies
Views
B
I have a dilog multi test when filling out test sheets i know you are supposed to write in the serial numberbut it has none.Does anyone with one...
Replies
Views
B
hi guys came across 2 questions in a past paper but not sure how to give a correct responce for it in an exam i am probably thinking about this...
Replies
Views
bobby101
B
J
Hi I know how to test PFC at the origin of the Installation but how do you test PFC at other points in the installation does this mean on the...
Replies
Views
Sparkypaul11
S
B
hi guys just want to check if the sequence for testing the three phase socket outlet for function testing is it 1. isolate cicuit, post warning...
Replies
Views
bugsy
B
hi all i have my 2391 practical 0n the 15th, and using a fluke not sure of it my question is when testing ze on a 3phase board test between all...
Replies
Views
Had a call tonight from landlord I know... tenant has been getting shocks off the pipework!! Going to pop along tommorrow to check it all out...
Replies
Views
P
ive installed a new shower circuit, so i do a full sequence of tests for the new circuit and put them on a electrical installation...
Replies
Views
Guest123
G
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock