Questions and electrical advice in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - This Section is STRICTLY for testing PROBLEMS which members have occured, misunderstood readings, Periodic Inspection Reporting / Electrical Installation Condition Reports, Mathematical Equations/Solutions, Part P and other legislation which require you to Inspect and Test..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrician Jobs

Search for tools and product advice,
just instaled update from castline / formfill anybody understand it i dont
Replies
Views
C
Hi I have a checkbox (CCB1), it does the continuity and insulation checks BUT how do I do the Loop and RCD tests with the checkbox which does...
Replies
Views
chrisgc
C
C
Hi all, I am just at the stage of listing my things I can do and cant do etc. I have my 17th Edition and EAL Level 2 Certificate Domestic...
Replies
Views
Pete@HGE
P
P
Just finished wiring in a conservatory, Two sockets and a light. Tapped into existing ground floor ringmain using 30ma fcu to feed circuits. Also...
Replies
Views
P
S
Hi all, I have a circuit on a db we have installed which is a long run of cable, the R1+R2 comes out at 1.26 and the Zs is 1.24 , this is on a C20...
Replies
Views
devon1
D
After my pre assessment this week, I was told that I must do a check on my test equipment at least every 3 months and keep a record of it and also...
Replies
Views
J
M
I have installed two lighting points in a garage through a FCU connected to a ring final circuit. When testing the installation would I treat the...
Replies
Views
DurhamSparky
D
P
If insulation resistances get too small, and before it goes bang, do you get milliamps leaking into earth and if so at what sort of MΩ does this...
Replies
Views
davelerave
D
T
The admin of the Tiling forum recommended I post this request here. I'm looking for an Electrician to complete the wiring of a DeviReg 550 control...
Replies
Views
TheRealRobG
T
W
When testing the insulation resistance on a s-plan heating system, do you need to disconnect all components or do you just disconnect the feed to...
Replies
Views
L
Hi all When carrying out a pir if the bathroom has no rcd protection is it a code 4 or code 2? All sockets are rcho protected but bathroom...
Replies
Views
D
I'm doing 30mA & 100mA RCD resting on a TN-S system TN-S earth fault loop impedance max is .8 ohms TT earth fault loop impedance max is 200...
Replies
Views
caddy
C
C
hi folks Carried out all my r1+r2 tests in db and recorded, carried out ze and zs tests.Comparing the results, my r1+r2 are higher than my zs...
Replies
Views
E
Before upgrading a customers old rewirable CU to a modern RCD board, what tests do you do to minimise tripping problems with the new board?
Replies
Views
davelerave
D
D
Hi guys, for those who have read my previous threads just needing a little advise again. Im wiring my Shed/workshop for my Assessment for my...
Replies
Views
danny124
D
M
Zs
Maximum loop impedance for type B 40A breaker?
Replies
Views
DurhamSparky
D
P
Not sure this is in the right section please move if not. I've been sent to test some temp supplies to an industrial site. We have a large...
Replies
Views
caddy
C
T
how far does the duty of care go with testing, my job is to inspect sockets, lights etc affected by flood damage,fires etc, only the affected...
Replies
Views
Spudnik
S
I am filling in Electrical Installation Certificate, for a new double socket in a large department store. On the second page of the cert under...
Replies
Views
M
hi all, was carrying out a PIR this morning on a 1 Bed flat. noticed in the bathroom the ceiling light fitting is attached to the shower curtain...
Replies
Views
I
Hi again.. Did a Ze reading and almost fell over as the result was 600+ ohms. I thought I was testing a TCNS system but now I am lost. There are...
Replies
Views
GStueyXR
G
P
Hello All I have been testins a ring main and I have a reading or r1 15.57 Ohms r2 0.90 and rn 0.50 why is the phase so high I have been to...
Replies
Views
Hi currently at college doing level 3 testing and inspection just a few questions if anyone can help For the Ring circuit it is all wired in 2.5...
Replies
Views
WayneL
W
bathroom timed fan no isolator found code 4?
Replies
Views
I cant do Ze because I can not turn off the power,it has to stay running 24/7, what do I do???
Replies
Views
I’m carrying out a periodic on thursday on a property that has an old installation. I’m testing it to 17th edition regs, so surely the entire...
Replies
Views
S
hi people, i carried out my first periodic yesterday and was asked for the pssc on lowest earth and live to nuetral. Is this the same as pfc and...
Replies
Views
GStueyXR
G
i'll set the scene: were doing a rip out. theres hundreds of meters of pyro which im unable to find the ends of. is there a means by which i can...
Replies
Views
blackiel
B
I
Hello, I'm James, 24, currently beginning a slow journey to a career change as a domestic electrical installer. I have very little expierience in...
Replies
Views
blackiel
B
W
I apologise in advance if this has been posted many times by others :D Im after some help on fault finding for my AM2 exam. Apparently you only...
Replies
Views
When testing for dead why is the use of a multimeter ( set to AC volts ) NOT a recommended method? In the same vein can then a MFT als NOT be...
Replies
Views
S
Hi all, can i asked the question to make sure i'm doing this correctly. Using a Fluke 1652 I'm testing for the Ze. i've got the tester on the...
Replies
Views
CHRISSPARKS 12
C
S
Anyone know where i can get a f 1.25a 500v fuse for a Fluke 1652? I'm trying to get one asap as trying to practice on my test rig, for my...
Replies
Views
ezzzekiel
E
S
Hii all I am pretty new to this job and was wondering if somebody could just give me some advice on Zs readings? What would be most likely the...
Replies
Views
stu35
S
S
Becasue the company I belong to dont belong to napit,niceic etc where can I get test certificates from? will I be able to get them from wholesalers?
Replies
Views
Morning all... Done PIR yesterday all pretty good. Just one issue want to see what you chaps think: 'Cooker supply fed on 32a 6mm supply to...
Replies
Views
S
hi, do i have to do all the electrical tests even if i am only replacing a light switch? cheers
Replies
Views
P
Hi Fellas Could you let me know if I'm pricing to high on domestic PIR. had two letting agents phone me now wanting to know what my...
Replies
Views
DurhamSparky
D
We are all familiar with the requirements for measuring Zs and verifying that it is within the limits for the particular type of protective...
Replies
Views
J
J
I am not yet a member of NICEIC but have been asked to do a couple of PIRs can I do them?
Replies
Views
P
B
please can some explain a reading of 30.8ohms on a ring final circuit live to live. all other circuits were tested no problems...
Replies
Views
davelerave
D
D
Hi...........my first post so please be gentle!! I am an approved electrician and am currently doing a fair bit of testing for the company. I am...
Replies
Views
O
After you issue a PIR and you class it as unsatisfactory and you are asked to make good the defects what paperwork should you issue ?
Replies
Views
Guest123
G
R
Hi there, hoping someone can clear this up for me.:D A company has had a PIR done, he has found circuits which require rcd protection etc. Now...
Replies
Views
P
I've been asked to relocate a number of sockets only to find that in order to isolate the circuit that this requires 2 mcbs switching. Its an old...
Replies
Views
G
Insulation resistance on socket ring TN-S L-N >299M L-E >299M N-E 0.5M Code 1 do you think ?
Replies
Views
E
Gents Just installed CU as part of my NICEIC eval next Tuesday, got a couple of questions regarding Insulation Resistance When doing an IR on...
Replies
Views
easysushi
E
R
Hey Guys, Just a Quick question... A customer of mine is wanting a test certificate for there house to be issued, They have an old wilex fuse...
Replies
Views
ezzzekiel
E
O
Hi Needing help with a PIR. 1. Old wylex type 2 CBs what BS is this an what Ka rating does it have. 2. MEM Memway 3 phase DB with rewireable...
Replies
Views
Guest123
G
Hi All This Question came up in conversation today Can you use a RCD rated at 230 V 30 ma to cover a 110 v 30ma circuit Will it still trip in...
Replies
Views
mogga
M
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock