Questions and electrical advice in the UK Electrical Forum - UK Electricians Forums > Electrical Forum for UK Electrical Rules, Regulations and UK Laws. Electrical Theories, Wiring Diagrams and More. DIY and Professional Electricians are Welcome..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrician Jobs

Search for tools and product advice,
A friend has a house in France. He's on a 9kW tariff, and after the meter there's a three phase 15A 650mA RCD. Specifically the RCD is marked...
Replies
Views
WilcoxElec
W
L
I thought to renovate my home to give it a awesome look and planning in that way, with that it can have a quite brilliant look. I am working out...
Replies
Views
Geordie Spark
G
B
Can I get the dno to move their equipment as it is too close to the incoming gas supply, presumably the gas supply came in later, but now poses a...
Replies
Views
T
S
Morning, just wondered if someone could help. I am start a VRQ Level 2 Certificate for Domestic Installer course in a few week. It is an 18 week...
Replies
Views
chispas
C
B
Hi Wonder if any one can provide any advise? Working in a factory which they have sub let to a number of smaller businesses. Each is feed from a...
Replies
Views
B
Despite the recent sunny weather, I'm in search of work further afield. I’m interested in living and working in the U.S. I’ve looked into in...
Replies
Views
D
I'm working on a property with a tncs supply which has the dno cut out in an outbuilding about 20 metres away from the house. They have had a...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 9648
D
P
Hello everyone this is my first time on this forum and I'm looking a bit help!! I'm starting to think I'm a complete idiot!! (Maybe I am??) A...
Replies
Views
J
Hi guys, only recently set up on my own and need some advice on pricing of c/u changes please. Had done one for a property agent domestic/off peak...
Replies
Views
S
I'm working with a construction company who are adamant they plaster ceilings before our lights are cut out! I've never seen this done before and...
Replies
Views
Rampantchilli
R
D
Hello, Just had a range cooker delivered and I am not happy with the electrical connection at the rear of the cooker. I have attached photos of...
Replies
Views
Engineer54
E
I've seen a few comments on failed installs because of lack of grommets - although apparently not a specific requirement as such. Is oval conduit...
Replies
Views
M
As per the title, just curious :smilewinkgrin:
Replies
Views
Engineer54
E
I posted a question about motor overloads yesterday and this is a follow up. my client (the pool builder) has asked me to provide the FLC and...
Replies
Views
R
Hey everyone, how do? Im seriously considering starting out on my own. I live in Glasgow and for the last 3 years iv been in and out of work and...
Replies
Views
Guest154
G
L
Hi guys, could you please take a moment to review the electrician's work on my flat and leave a comment as to its quality. Switches and sockets...
Replies
Views
Spudnik
S
S
Hi i bought "IR ON/OFF Motion Detector Sensor Switch from Mr Resistor, i wanted to install it in the bathroom, to switch on and off LED light...
Replies
Views
Simoniz
S
J
I've just had a call from a man who has 2 pond pumps that start up and run fine. The problem occurs when he turns them off it takes out the RCD...
Replies
Views
Phoenix
P
C
Hi there, im new to site! Finished my apprenticeship last year, with my dads company, a subby has just recently left and its just me and him(we...
Replies
Views
Guest55
G
G
Hello all, I'm having a problem with a nuisance tripping RCD, ran an RCD test on a board and results showed that RCD was knackered, swapped this...
Replies
Views
R
  • Redirect
I have monitored my electricity usage for a couple of years now and it has enabled me to save electricity several times by being able to detect...
Replies
Views
N/A
&
Hi new to this site. I did post this in the training forum but had no reply. Can anybody help me by sending me some questions and answers for the...
Replies
Views
long512
L
G
Hi all , Is anyone waiting - or already got - their results for 2395 taken in april? Still waiting for mine and cant stand it any longer !!!
Replies
Views
G power
G
B
I have a shed and summerhouse newly installed in the garden. The shed is 10m from the house, the summerhouse around 35m. I'll be laying a...
Replies
Views
I've been asked to move the existing lighting and put some new lights in a shop, customer has brought the fluorscent lights, I did suggest...
Replies
Views
T
Hi guys and Girls We have another fantastic offer on at the moment on branded mugs, 5 mugs £25 Plus £4.99 delivery 10 Mugs £40 Plus £4.99...
Replies
Views
tmsprint
T
Guys, how do I work out what to set the overload for in a DOL starter? the motor says 1.1kw on the top of it.
Replies
Views
Im currently seeking experience in rewires but i dont know any companies that do it. Im used to new build so if im out of work i drive round the...
Replies
Views
I have been looking for a plate for ages and then found this with two meanings :D
Replies
Views
Octopus
O
B
Hi Guys Anybody experienced exploding LED lamps? A small second hand clothes shop where I do a bit of maintenance replaced all of their silver...
Replies
Views
K
I’ve been asked to price cabling only for a Lutron lighting system but am unsure of the general cabling requirements, a mate tells me that a cat5...
Replies
Views
I notice that Screwfix deals and reductions are sometimes for only a day or two and then the price goes up again.I got a Bosch 18V combi drill for...
Replies
Views
well...here I am again...this time its installing a TT system utilising 2X 5/8" rods...with the connector..: here is the necessary gear as laid...
Replies
Views
guest119
G
N
Hi all. Prospective Short Circut Curret. Now , if you measure the impedance on a installation P to N , and get a reading of 0.21 OHMS , the max...
Replies
Views
Knobhead
K
C
Hello all, just received an email from our main customer asking us to lower our hourly rate. We're being extremely generous as it is by charging...
Replies
Views
Hi, If I'm fitting a ceiling fan in the bedroom off the lighting circuit then do I need any more isolation than switching off the lighting...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, I have to teach/give a presentation on "Explain the underlying principles in variable speed drive specifications for the control of a...
Replies
Views
B
Hi. I am a total novice with no electrical qualifications, but a quick learner and good with DIY and IT. I own a few old arcade machines at home...
Replies
Views
Geoffsd
G
N
Hi I need to do something about the insulation in my loft which lays straight on top of my bathroom spotlights. It's been like this it seems for...
Replies
Views
oldtimer
O
found the little beauty on my door mat this morning amongst the domino flyers and leccy bill. booooom. no resits for moi !!
Replies
Views
Ducksy
D
I'm quoting for a CU change, where I'll be replacing the meter tails (because of length). I will have to run the tails on the surface (less than...
Replies
Views
I'm quoting for my first TT supplied CU. Having looked at the OSG etc researching here, I see that it's suggested that a 100ma S type rcd is used...
Replies
Views
R
Hi All, Apologies in advance if this is in the wrong place or isn't quite the done thing. One of my kitchen sockets has given up the ghost; it's...
Replies
Views
bigbaddave
B
P
Hi all Been asked to quote for a board change. Had a quick look round the place and discovered lighting circuit has no earth. Where do I stand on...
Replies
Views
went to look at a job this saturday and whoever installed the new cu must have run out of suitable box so used his sandwich box instead, complete...
Replies
Views
KevinS
K
A
Wow
it gets worse people! While trawling through the tinterweb trying to find a decent 2394/2395 course I came across a course that shocked...
Replies
Views
guest119
G
O
Hum, an elderly lady asked me today what this remote does: There's no identification on it so can anyone suggest what manufacturer it is? thanks
Replies
Views
Octopus
O
N
Hi. My husband took out a non working spotlight bulb from our bathroom two weeks ago and we haven't gotten round to replacing it yet so there's...
Replies
Views
Notanelectricia
N
P
eitb apprenticeship by thames water qualified as electrical fitter,crossed skilled instrument and contol **** Gis a Job! I can do that!
Replies
Views
panzee
P
I’m hoping somebody can clear up a little query I have regarding cable segregation. I’ve noticed the guys on the commercial site that I am working...
Replies
Views
Engineer54
E
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock