Questions and electrical advice in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Discussions on all electrical regulations in the UK. Including Part P, BS 7671, DPC BS7671:2008, BS 7671:2001 & 2004 Amendment No.2, IEE wiring regulations, 16th Edition and 17th Edition and 18th Edition.

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrician Jobs

Search the forum,
hi everyone, just want to know if it ok to wire 3 pir floods off immersion ie 16a at ccu but fused down to 5a with sw/f/spur...
Replies
Views
P
guys, Have a bs3036 main fuse but cannot find anything on it to say what rating it is need help
Replies
Views
I
Hi Guys, I am just about to go self employed.I have been asked to do a job installing floodlights to illuminate a pub sign in their car park.Could...
Replies
Views
N
Hi Guys, I'm currently studying for my C&G qualification and I was asked by my Dad about his new double oven and induction plate. One of the...
Replies
Views
neuromancery2k
N
:) hello just need to get my head around these types of situations. 1/ im asked to fit spots and move fan in a bathroom 2/ i tell them that...
Replies
Views
Customer wants to plug his new oven into the kitchen ring i said that it still needed to be on its own supply even though its on a plug. What do...
Replies
Views
O
Hi guys Can someone explain to me what are British Gas take on earthing of the boiler and the pipes and why are their techs making a...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 9648
D
M
Hi guys I was wondering if someone could help me to find the 16th Eddition of IEE in electronic form. Thanks a lot.
Replies
Views
P
On page 3 of schedule of inspections (where you put a tick, X or N/A in the boxes), presence of supplementary bonding conductors appears twice -...
Replies
Views
pushrod
P
K
On two occasions in the past week, we have come across a situation at work where the fitters delivering new gas cookers have refused to fit them...
Replies
Views
Kevin
K
Hi Guys Ive got a bench on wheels that i use for a laptop printer amp and a few other bits. Now currenctly i have a 4 way lead screwed to the...
Replies
Views
P
Guys, Just wanted to check on how to wire a rcbo live and neutral from circuit into rcbo blue lead from rcbo to neutral bar and white lead...
Replies
Views
N
Hi Guys my question is with relation to the adiabatic equation, I am aware that the following is true. S = Size of earth bonding conductor...
Replies
Views
L
  • Redirect
Hi guys I need some help if you would, I feel i should know this but I dont. New shower going in, there is no provision/circuit existing for...
Replies
Views
N/A
N
Why some yacht use isolation transformer, do they also need simple diode galvanic isolation? I know that shore ground wire should cross diode pack...
Replies
Views
nikemeike
N
S
anyone know if there is a standard light fitting e.g. 2 x 35W T5 that is used in an average UK classroom? looking to use a fitting in a temp...
Replies
Views
Stoner
S
A
Hi good people can anyone tell me what is the latest reqirements for smoke alarms in domestic houses on a perchel rewire hope you can help
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm new to the forum and pretty new to electrics too, so please forgive any ignorance displayed :o. I have a question about replacing a...
Replies
Views
K
im having an argument in work with someone over the following. there is a ringcircuit wired in 2.5mm t+e on 32a mcb they wish to take a spur of...
Replies
Views
As above, I cant seem to get it working. I can get the boiler on but it wont fire on command. Anyone know the connections please?? I have supply...
Replies
Views
C
Hi, I understand that all junction boxes have to be accessible. If I use junction boxes on lighting downlighters, would you classify, popping...
Replies
Views
m4tty
M
where the other measures of 7671 522.6.5 are not used and a cable passes through a joist less than 50mm from the top, the cable must have adequate...
Replies
Views
m4tty
M
B
hi all after some advice for volt drop on a lenght of lighting 7 bolards with low energy lamps 50w max 160m long all lamp evenly set out now...
Replies
Views
Guest123
G
A
is it ok to lay cable under bison flooring then just chase and use some capping to come up or would it be better to just lay some conduit on top...
Replies
Views
patricklondon
P
C
I know there are special requirements in the bathroom, just wondered if there where any for the kitchen? Thnaks, John.
Replies
Views
K
Hi i am trying to work out where the grey wires from emergency lights come from. I have a light with 4 core coming in and 4 core going out, the...
Replies
Views
kedewar
K
D
hello, just started decorating my new house and need help with the wiring in my hallway where the lights on the hall stairs can be switched on...
Replies
Views
pushrod
P
W
Hi All, Bit of a change of direction from my recent post, In an old cottage they have a present a 3 phase cut uot supply feeding a single phase...
Replies
Views
dragon-av
D
T
Hi can anyone advise me please, I am studying in preparation for 2391-20 If i want o calculate max R1 + R2 for circuit do i correct for both...
Replies
Views
Guest123
G
M
Evening all, how tough is hi tuff cable? i've just wired up SON's in a barn and it took ages to do in swa just wondered if hi tuff would have been...
Replies
Views
monkeyelectric
M
A
if you have a room and want to add another socket, is that notifiable and also will the sockets then need to go on an RCD as they currently dont...
Replies
Views
xraytek
X
H
hi all just completed my first lone CU change. this is one the inspector will be seeing. can anybody see any faults i need to address or...
Replies
Views
padmore12345
P
The regs on where you can and cant drill holes in joists are quite clear, but what about if rewiring for a material change of use where new regs...
Replies
Views
theleshollis
T
P
Guys don't have my big read book handy at mo can you answer the following 1. 32amp circuit were protective measure against electric shock is...
Replies
Views
Guest123
G
Replies
Views
N/A
B
Please start a new thread in the main forums. So, I did my questions is I want to install new circuit in the kitchen at somebody’s dwelling...
Replies
Views
J
hi all, which of the following appliances require there own radial feed, washing machine tumble driyer fridge/frezzer boiler under the 17th...
Replies
Views
P
Has anyone installed a extract fan that is wired to a stat that if it gets too hot in the room that this will kick in to draw the heat out of the...
Replies
Views
Peter Woodford
P
O
Hi all, First post on here as I am going round the bend!! Basically, I am replacing a horrible light in the living room, and have removed...
Replies
Views
Guest123
G
P
Did a cu change recently on a domestic property. The Landing light which is on the downstair radial. Keeps tripping the rcd in the consumer...
Replies
Views
P
S
A couple of questions that have bothered me since 17th came in which I would appreciate comment on. Firstly if I replace a battenholder in a...
Replies
Views
G
I know that 25mm tails are the norm, but if the outgoing tails from the meter are in henley blocks, there is 1 main switch for the installation...
Replies
Views
With a 17th edition CU is it still a requirement to have a 100 ma RCCB as an isolator on a TT ?
Replies
Views
O
Doing a first fit in a kitchen and have been asked to put the light switch close to where the gas hob is going. it's not directly above it but...
Replies
Views
A
Hi good people can someone tell me is it good practice to feed a kitchen with two ring mains i feel its good practice what do you think ?
Replies
Views
P
Hi, Iv one Large heavy-duty 9.5kg whirlpool washing machine, a standard washing maching and a large 10kg heavy-duty tumble dryer. Cant find any...
Replies
Views
G
Hello, I've been to look at a hairdressers which has a Wylex rewirable fuseboard installed. The owner wants it replacing along with earth and...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 9648
D
N
Hi Guys I have been asked to price a job in a sun bed shop, the work would include adding a 3 phase + N DB and running 4 supplies to the new...
Replies
Views
gez500
G
A
Hi Fellas, i was wondering if you could help me please, if i have twin and earth run in trunking this is reference method B, but if it is in...
Replies
Views
drywax
D
P
Hi, My RCD (B Type) in my warehouse trips every now and again and there is a small compresser and pump and a couple of washing machines along with...
Replies
Views
peter_k800
P
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock