Questions and electrical advice in the Electrical Engineering Chat - A forum for electrical engineers, electrical engineering students, and those who have been electrical engineers for a while. ;) - Chat electricals and electrics on ElectriciansForums.net :).

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrician Jobs

In Australia, we use TN-C-S system. I have a switchboard feeds a pump in hazardous area. I knew for switchboard in Hazardous area it needs to...
Replies
Views
Anyone got any memories ( for the Oldies amongst us) of running uninsulated earth wire, and trying to make it look presentable using those...
Replies
Views
If a 6kW device in uk takes 26 amps (6000/230), does this mean the same device in the US will take 50 amps(6000/120)?
Replies
Views
Evening all Had a problem this week which has puzzled me a bit Installed a machine last week which has 2 sides to it both doing the same operation...
Replies
Views
Advise Please. Called out to my local farm, who deal in fruit and veg, to a DOL starter switch which cuts out after a minute or so. This switch...
Replies
Views
do panel builders need previous experience with manufacturer’s or is it ok to hire them
Replies
Views
Had the DNO out to check cut out, make a sheathed earth available today and pull fuse whilst I fit isolator. Got talking about pulling fuses and...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I am not receiving any answers from the manufacturer so I have come here for your expertise. If you could please look at the electrical...
Replies
Views
Hi there folks, names Jimmy, new to the forum. Am just after any advice anybody has or any contacts anybody has regarding resettlement in NZ from...
Replies
Views
So here is the situation 22kV/415V delta-star transformer with neutral point earthed on secondary Downstream breaker of transformer 630A with...
Replies
Views
Been mooching over the best can for sparks thread and got me thinking about when and how you racked your van, why you did it the way you did and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have been with Checkatrade for 6 years, and in that time it has more than doubled in price. I have now been quoted £1500.00 for me on my...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I have a big problem with 3-phase induction motor in star connection The motor power is 3-hp When the motor is starting periodically...
Replies
Views
I know about type 1 and type 2 surge protectors,and which one to use. But what criteria dictates the rated amperage of the device. Are there any...
Replies
Views
Challenge I need to come up with a way to control an electric convector heater from a simple external on/off switch. I have been given several...
Replies
Views
What is behind the none linear drop in conductor reactance? Is it the stranding of manufacturing variants between gauges? Or something else? For...
Replies
Views
Just started a new project and thought I would time lapse it. here is my first attempt (just the start of the project)
Replies
Views
30 magnets (doors NC) is connected to an I/O device in a cabinet. Will a 10A power supply to the cabinet be enough, when each is drawing 95mA. Or...
Replies
Views
Hello people, I'm designing switchgear for a residential estate, of about 60 houses, specifically the protection for the incomer. Is there any...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Can anyone explain why the high voltage cables on this pylon appear to be earthed at the pylon? It's on the north side of the M60 at...
Replies
Views
Current EE college student with questions for advanced technical writing assignment. (I am supposed to interview an Electrical Engineer about...
Replies
Views
Hi A quick one I was wondering if anyone knows how a multifunction tester performs a loop impedance test. I understand how to perform a test and...
Replies
Views
Hey, I'm an electrical engineer in training and i was wondering how you could calculate the total resistance in a series-parallel circuit? I...
Replies
Views
CBR units appear difficult to trip time test on some occasions. Not only myself but other colleagues too when testing 300ma/500ma CBR units find...
Replies
Views
I have seen few cases where the owner of a factory uses transformer after the grid to lower the voltage, from 240 to 220v as a way to lower the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've just purchased a Victron 7 stage 30A charger : Victron Blue Smart IP22 Bluetooth Battery Charger - 12V 30A, 3 outputs -...
Replies
Views
I’m currently problem solving a lighting circuit issue on a retail park. newish install (12months old) IR of 12M Ohms across all three...
Replies
Views
Good morning all, A 'ground fault' alarm came in over the weekend on the 110V charging system. We have two 110V fans currently running and I am...
Replies
Views
Good evening, I am currently completing an NVQ 2357, I am doing this as an adult learner and I work in the trade. I am wondering for the NVQ...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 122525
D
Have had the above Fan in my Toilet for over 2 years. Every now and then the fan will, for no apparent reason, come on, run for a while then...
Replies
Views
Who's familiar with Hager KRN190? It's called a "neutral connecting block" by Hager with no further info. This seems a maybe misnomer, but I have...
Replies
Views
Thought that whilst we have a few actual electrical engineers on the forum, I thought I'd try and attract some more. Not sure if it's actually any...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm on vacation in Panama and got a minor electrical shock twice toughing the oven. Strangely now I can't reproduce it. In the power outlet...
Replies
Views
S
hello, I have an NC in electronics and been a time served spark for just under 2 years. Due to being unemployed for a while im looking to broaden...
Replies
Views
Hello! I recently upgraded the 110ah battery in my camper van for a 260ah AGM one. My solar panels (200w via MPPT, soon to be doubled) struggle...
Replies
Views
Hello engineers. I have a query. I have a panel board(mccbs) containing 100amp mccbs supplying various "life safety DBs" lifts, water mist pumps...
Replies
Views
Ac power supply 440V Inverter - Input 380-480V 50/60hz 11.2A Output 0-480V 8.5A 6.8kva 3.7Kw 3 phase motor- 2.2kW 50Hz Should i...
Replies
Views
Just found this site which looks like it has some helpful folks on board. I've been self employed in IT & audio systems for more years than I...
Replies
Views
Hi folks.. I was hired by a company to replace some Light pole Heads to LED. upon working this I saw a few things that are not up to Standards...
Replies
Views
Hi team. A couple of questions for you. Just to explain as well. I've just completed the level 2 & 3 diploma, and I'm now trying to work out in...
Replies
Views
Hi I have installed a lighting circuit which has emergency with (integral battery packs) and non emergency lights on the same circuit (from the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm curious. Crabtree boards with their moduler click in busbar system. Does anyone have a trick to linking the busbar and the earth...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Thanks for your time in advance. I'm currently working as a mechanical engineer, in which I did an apprenticeship years ago and achieved...
Replies
Views
does any one have a link for engineers manuals regards in advance
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I need some advice about how to chase into engineering brick. Full story below. I've mounted a TV onto the wall, not my preference...
Replies
Views
Did anyone ever find out what happened to E54 , I think it was around April / May , about 4 or 5 years ago he just stopped overnight ! If I...
Replies
Views
Hi there, as the title suggests I would like to complete a course in cctv installation with the long-term goal of becoming a sole trader and...
Replies
Views
Hi there unsure where to ask so i have joined this forum hoping someone will know. I am currently employed by a large firm as a fire alarm...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a foreign Hnd and a master degree in Electrical engineering as well as the 17th edition. I am hands on in electrical installation but...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock