Questions and electrical advice in the UK Electrical Forum - UK Electricians Forums > Electrical Forum for UK Electrical Rules, Regulations and UK Laws. Electrical Theories, Wiring Diagrams and More. DIY and Professional Electricians are Welcome..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrician Jobs

Search the forum,
A
Hi all as per title does anyone know of a reasonably prices calibration centre in the north east Bristol area Cheers
Replies
Views
Johnlondon
J
S
Calculating the voltage to be able to calculate the full load current of a 850kva 32kv/400v 3 phase transformer with 8% reactance: 400 x 8...
Replies
Views
Knobhead
K
Hello all, I am pricing up for a domestic rewire, and the customer requires a pc friendly home office setting up. I understand he runs up to 8...
Replies
Views
What are the most bizarre things you have come across while working around different places? For starters twice I've seen a combi boiler actually...
Replies
Views
shocking_eg
S
C
Hello all! I am new to this forum but not new to the industry. I am 25 and have 5 years experience in the trade. In those 5 years i have gained...
Replies
Views
S
Doing some work on a flat. Moving a light. What fuse type is in the picture. There is no marking on the fuse. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi all, I need to replace a GET 80a bs4293 rcd ! Does anyone know of a suitable replacement or will a new GET one fit ?? Cheers
Replies
Views
R
Went round a friends house to day who. Had the insurance company in to do some insurance work on job was replace his bathroom fan directly above...
Replies
Views
Hello Guys, Recently completed the first fix on a small 2 bed house, as soon as you drilled to get a raw plug in, the brick just crumbled away...
Replies
Views
N
FIRSTLY ...Im sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, ..laptop is playing up and I cannot view the forum properly, what I can find tho and...
Replies
Views
S
I am looking to replace all my cordless power tools. I am not sure what the new ones are like for quality.
Replies
Views
C
Hi all, Just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere that lets you sit the full 2382 17th edition exam only, or know of somewhere cheap where I...
Replies
Views
1sammaskell
T
Is it me or is our trade a complete shambles when it comes to regulation compared to plumbers. They are either gas safe (or the old corgi) or they...
Replies
Views
Hi all, have new power supply & CU (split load), all fine for a month (no changes) while on holiday one RCD tripped, suspected downstairs ring...
Replies
Views
M
S
Hi Just wondered if anyone had any experience of this as I can't seem to find much in the way of manuals online. Heater had a elv pilot signal...
Replies
Views
Stoufer2000
S
Hi all, I'm trying to gather a list of the most common reasons for emergency call outs. (Domestic only)
Replies
Views
oldtimer
O
N
I recently change some Gu10 lamps to LED ones that are switched by a dimmer and they flicker intermitently on various but not all dimmer levels...
Replies
Views
P
Hi, im Dean. Im new to the forum and my reason for joining is for some answers and advice on becoming an qaulified electrician. Im currently...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I have very little electrical understanding and I'm wondering if anyone can shed some light on a problem I'm having with the motor in a...
Replies
Views
ayjay
A
I'm so gutted I didn't take a picture today! Whilst visiting one of my guys on site (domestic) he took me to one of the back rooms of the house to...
Replies
Views
C
I am currently studying electrical installation technical certificate level 2 in college. I am looking for a apprentership to get my NVQ level 2...
Replies
Views
Conormulligan95
C
I am about to install a fixed 110v transformer in a newly built workshop. There are 1 16a and 1 32a socket on each side of a partition which will...
Replies
Views
itselectric
I
M
Hi all, I fitted a new Hager CU about a year and a half ago for a neighbour in our area, and all was fine, although the people who live in the...
Replies
Views
pencilpusher
P
I only have a couple of cable pulling devices (a fish tape in a reel and a coil of that plastic stuff for use in condiut). Who here uses "Cable...
Replies
Views
maffa ent
M
Hi lads I've got a start next week working for a bms company, they know I've not got bms experience but just wondered if any lads knew of a site...
Replies
Views
AndyOz
A
S
hi guys i m bit confused.. can i use consume unit with one rcd in a 2 bed room flat l as there are 5 circuits... ??
Replies
Views
Fin170
F
Quick question I am of course aware of the separation criteria in the regs but in reality what is the longest you can run a CAT 5e cable in...
Replies
Views
W
Hi guys, Now, on two occasions now, a supplier of some of our machinery have supplied machines with incorrect polarity within the plug tails...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have recently qualified and started out on my own, I have asked by a been by a mate who is a plumber to renew the cable to the light fitting...
Replies
Views
S
Without digging out my O.S.G am I right in thinking no triple pole isolation switch is required if there is a window in the bathroom thus lighting...
Replies
Views
H
What, if any, qualifications are required to work on High Voltages. For example 25,000 plus?
Replies
Views
Knobhead
K
Where in the BGB or OSG should I be looking for the regs on local isolation requirements Installing under sink water heaters.
Replies
Views
Fin170
F
F
Hello and thanks Have a customer who will be having underfloor heating installed run from combined boiler and different zones can anyone give me...
Replies
Views
craigmac
C
A
I have this Unidare heater but do not have a clue as to how to set the controls...anyone?
Replies
Views
almac7
A
B
Have been advised by the Fire Officer that the supply to the stage area of our large club ( which supplies amplifiers etc for musicians) must be...
Replies
Views
B
I require a central heating time clock that will fit onto a 2 gang metal box Or is there a conversion kit that will allow me to fit standard one...
Replies
Views
I
I'm chasing out a tiny kitchen in a studio flat & my boss wants me to do a chase down to every box which is 8 drops. There's a stud wall on the...
Replies
Views
D
Hello all, new to the forums so would like to say hi.. Im a complete novice so would really appreciate a bit of advice. We bought a large light...
Replies
Views
wade88
W
J
Hi , I am have recently installed a new shower circuit in a flat which is in an block of around 20 flats. The main service head is a 3 phase 4...
Replies
Views
S
hi guys im looking for a conduit bender (20mm and 25mm). i have seen them for sale on the internet but they were 527 pounds new. im not paying...
Replies
Views
L
Hi never done much industrial work but picking things up. But how does this push pull button work. I can work out the switching but can't...
Replies
Views
piccollo
P
J
Hi all, Just a quick simple question if any of you have a Clarke CON1450WC wall chaser. Does the unit fit in the case with the blades attached...
Replies
Views
K
G
Hello people, recently I've come across fitting an earth rod and the Ze reading I got was 77.4, is this acceptable and in range? Also what are the...
Replies
Views
GavinWebb95
G
S
Hello, Can anyone recommend a decent 4 inch humidistat extractor fan to be installed in the ceiling and vented out through roof? I will need 4 of...
Replies
Views
X
lg7
I'm converting a warehouse to a new gym including replacing new db and all lighting and power, is it a regulation to monitor all circuits and...
Replies
Views
xanderfh
X
R
Newbie, i'm leaving the Royal Navy in a month and have/had work lined up working with a friend as an electrician. The worry I have now is that I...
Replies
Views
S
Are there any good telephone/alarm cable strippers out there?
Replies
Views
Geordie Spark
G
H
I am a fully qualified time served electrician but keep getting asked by customers if I am 'Part P'. Am I right in saying Part P is simply for...
Replies
Views
Mainman
M
Evening all.. Just wanted a bit of advice about Earthing!! I'm not too sure whos responsibility the Earthing conductor is from the earth block to...
Replies
Views
Essex parky
E
M
Doing a simple light change upstairs and the light stayed on so went to change the wires and wen doing so the one of the lives touched the earth...
Replies
Views
dan86
D
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock