Questions and electrical advice in the UK Electrical Forum - UK Electricians Forums > Electrical Forum for UK Electrical Rules, Regulations and UK Laws. Electrical Theories, Wiring Diagrams and More. DIY and Professional Electricians are Welcome..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrician Jobs

Search the forum,
Would you consider that this was OK? On a ring main one leg between two sockets has been cut (red and black T+E) then joined by connector block...
Replies
Views
Graeme Harrold
G
S
Hi has anyone fitted a small fountain pump with out shut off when the water in the reservoir gets too low. I have found larger pumps with float...
Replies
Views
hubsy
H
Can somebody tell me why on the 3 phase circuit breaker in question has a 160A rating on the supply side and on the bus bar side it says 100A...
Replies
Views
S
Just been called out investigate RCD tripping on downstairs ring at my parents it just went in the early hours with no history. Have unplugged...
Replies
Views
Engineer54
E
I'm in a lovely warm conservatory, underfloor heating,owner has done all the electrics and installed a rfc also.2.5mm t&e on top of heating mat...
Replies
Views
Engineer54
E
G
Hello guys!! I am new to this forum. I have this query. I am planning to buy ceiling fan. Now I want to figure out how much fan will cost me on...
Replies
Views
Jerry H
J
W
Hi all, where can i get UL 1561 standard? i search through the net but cant find full UL 1561 standard. please help. william
Replies
Views
B
Recently I moved in into a new-built house. When installing the lights (chandeliers, etc.) I noticed that on some lights there is voltage in the...
Replies
Views
Silly Sausage
S
I've got to change a CU soon which has had PV system thrown into it. What would you guys suggest, do I put the PV back into the new board via a...
Replies
Views
In middle of rewire customer said they were doing some decorating told them to wait to Monday and I would loosen of the accessories so the could...
Replies
Views
L
New to the domestic trade so starting off as i mean to go on by doing it right and safe! just finished the first fix at an old farm house. new...
Replies
Views
Knobhead
K
R
Morning , I'm working in cumbria at the moment for a small electrical firm where things are just ticking over and I would like to chase the big...
Replies
Views
flyingsausage
F
A
Hi, I have just been and looked at a house for my mate, he has a earth rod in his front garden which has a 4mm cable from it to the mains board...
Replies
Views
Evening All.... Just planning the next stage on a job I have on the go at present. Bungalow with a lot of the internal walls being removed to...
Replies
Views
Got one that's not very happy - claims to be full when it isn't - and a quick look suggests the pack will pop open and can probably replace...
Replies
Views
Heres a debate for you, seeing as this place is as dead as a doornail today. I have been testing a street of domestic properties recently, wired...
Replies
Views
hi i am currently working as a qualified electrician in scotland been out my time about two years. my question is an opportunity has arisen in my...
Replies
Views
Guest55
G
L
My husband switched on his stereo in the next room and the TV screen went blank for a few seconds then returned to the channel it was on.The plug...
Replies
Views
Stroppy
S
As it's not related to commercial or industrial specifically I thought I'd ask in here. The work being done is two facing external walls being...
Replies
Views
Outspoken
O
L
hi guys and girls, I'm new to the forum, recently left the army and did a short electrical course. (doesn't make me an expert by no means) my...
Replies
Views
jimmymac
J
P
Hey guys quick question regarding eicr's,if you inspected a property 30 years old with no rcd protection downstairs would you put this down as a...
Replies
Views
H
Hi Everyone, Have just bought a new Flavel Cooker and everything works ok until I switch on the fan oven and then the electric trips after a few...
Replies
Views
Henry9066
H
J
Hi, Im looking at setting on an apprentice but not sure which to go for... Do I go for the school leaver who we can teach from scratch or the 2nd...
Replies
Views
Stroppy
S
I have just been asked to quote for electrics to a 2 storey extension. I was going to turn it down as I do not have the experience but an...
Replies
Views
A
What is your take on smoke detectors on new domestic house holds. Just had my assesment from the niceic and he has told me to come of lighting...
Replies
Views
P
  • Redirect
Replies
Views
N/A
M
BBC News - Smart meter project is delayed
Replies
Views
Silly Sausage
S
am looking for a c 16 protek mcb anyone know who sells it or anything else that will fit
Replies
Views
J
When i rcd test with my fluke meter it works on some circuits and on the rest it reads 310.0 Ms an wont trip!! Wots up?? Please help!
Replies
Views
K
This is pretty obvious, I guess, but I need to get it out there .... I'm doing a rewire on a small house at the mo and trying to keep costs low...
Replies
Views
Hi all new isolator through 200amp bus bar section controlled by 200amp isolator and fused at origin at 400ampincomer no breakers very old system...
Replies
Views
J
Hi guys, any suggestions as to why a domestic and off peak supplies can't be put into the same split load board?
Replies
Views
PIR this week, with Zs of the scale as lmoved along a socket radial, so I whip off a socket which has a spur going god knows where, any way back...
Replies
Views
Went to have have a look at a job today that had recently been reconnected by the DNO, where the tails come out the fuse head for the economy 7...
Replies
Views
D
Hi everyone I try to buy/find a Instant tankless electric water heater in uk as the flat I living in have no gas and I want instant hot water...
Replies
Views
DuckyUC
D
S
Hi all, take it easy as first post on here. I have recently completed my eal domestic installers course and 2382 17th edition. I am renovated my...
Replies
Views
Stroppy
S
H
Hi Guys, Is the calculation different when working out Power consumption of a ystem with a DC supply rather than an AC supply? I know P=I x V...
Replies
Views
Outspoken
O
S
I have been asked to install a power supply for approx 2m² of electric underfloor heating. I'm not installing the stuff itself but I am awaiting...
Replies
Views
M
Any thoughts on this; 200mm joists with 100mm of mineral wool quilt to be installed in lower half. Have cables going across joists through...
Replies
Views
marshr02
M
H
Please can you give your opinions on this yesterday when testing found the socket ring earths connected to back of box and a fly lead to the...
Replies
Views
Engineer54
E
B
Hi Chaps. I've got 6 x 20W TH under cupboard lights in the kitchen fed from 2 x 60VA transformers in the same location. I would like to replace...
Replies
Views
BlueToBits
B
Well I've just completed my last module of level 3 of the 2330 and managed to distinctions in every module in level 2 and 3 time for small break...
Replies
Views
K
Loft space. I can see where I HAVE to get to to. Do I ... (a) Crawl on my (ever extensive) belly over to the point with barely 3 inches of roof...
Replies
Views
drew35
D
I have a milling machine that has too high a motor speed. If I use a speed controller does that reduce the power output from it as well as the...
Replies
Views
Outspoken
O
T
My neighbour had problems with her RCD tripping in the main consumer unit and she indicated it may be linked to her fish pond set-up outside the...
Replies
Views
2 x 25 mm tails and a 16mm earth as the main incomer ! Never saw this before has anyone else? Couldn't find where they when,t too.. Don't they...
Replies
Views
F
Im currently doing 2395 inspection and testing course and was wondering When doing rule of thumb of 0.8( correction factor) for Zs values do you...
Replies
Views
Badged01
B
P
Hello, Just looking for a bit of advice guys. I work for a Security company installing road blockers, automatic gates etc. I hold some electrical...
Replies
Views
Dave 85
D
S
Whenever I wire a basic lighting circuit in Twin and earth I wire it in a radial with one end-of-line (e.o.l). However, I don't actually know the...
Replies
Views
DJ Ovengloves
D
D
During my zs tests on the ring circuit the rcbo trips. The breaker also trips when I take a Zs on the cooker. I have carried an insulation...
Replies
Views
DJ Ovengloves
D
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock