Discuss Entertainment/Computer Wire Upgrade in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

gorilla

Just looking for some advice. I currently have a 5.1 surround system hooked up to my PC which is quite good as it is. However the rear pair of speakers is connected to the Subwoofer using an RCA to RCA extension lead but it was a cheap one and really isn't that good and was wanting advice on what sort of cable to get for RCA to RCA connections. Ideally I would like to make the cable lengths up as I don't want excess cable.

I am also planing to sort out my other cables so that I don't have them running around the room, instead I plan to conceal them in trunking and take them up through the loft space. Here are my ideas.

Network cable for the computer going from router box in hall way to computer (roughly 12m cable run)

Telephone cable again from hall way to computer (12m cable run)

Satellite Coaxial Cable from computer to electric cupboard where I have a 4 way splitter for TV's (6m cable run)

Another Satellite Coaxial running from computer to Sitting room (20m cable run) Just in case I install Sky Multi room or get a Freesat.

HDMI Cable going from computer to sitting room (20m cable run) To link computer to upgraded tv in future.

The audio system will be from one side of the room to the other through the loft wit a cable run around 12m.

I have no option but to conceal in trunking as it is a rented council property and I don't want to hack away at walls to do it also I have recently decorated the house and at the time didn't plan these upgrades.

I would like peoples advice/ideas on this to help me out.

I also want to know if I could put the cables in the same trunking.

The Network and Telephone lines will be terminated in the appropriate connection plates.

The RCA, HDMI and Coaxial will all be left for direct connection to the devices.

Thanks

Reply to Entertainment/Computer Wire Upgrade in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net